KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Batman: Arkham Knight

Batman: Arkham Knight
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Batman: Arkham Knight

The last Arkham game we'll ever get

quote:
In late February 2014, marketing material to be displayed at GameStop, was leaked depicting a new logo for the series, featuring the Arkham "bat" logo with flames around the edges. Kotaku noted they were told the material was not supposed to be displayed until March 3, which they added correlated with a known Rocksteady press event that occurred earlier in February, that had an embargo on the information discussed until March.

Batman: Arkham Knight was announced in early March. It will be developed by Rocksteady, and will release on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows in late 2014. The game, set one year after the events of Arkham City, is intended to be the final Arkham game by Rocksteady. The game features a larger Gotham than the one seen in Arkham City, in order to incorporate the Batmobile, which will be playable for the first time in the series. Batman will face the Scarecrow, Penguin, Two-Face, Harley Quinn and more.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Last edited by steverules_2 on Mar 4th, 2014 at 06:09 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 06:04 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Well hell, the trailer was badass. I took a break from the series, skipping Origins. I hope they do enough to entice me back into it though.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 06:13 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

How dare you skip Origins???

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 06:20 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
How dare you skip Origins???

I'll read the Wiki synopsis soon. Same thing.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 06:47 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I forgot all about Origins.

Also, nice avatar, Estacado.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 06:48 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by Digi
I'll read the Wiki synopsis soon. Same thing.

Origins was great imo you should try it.
Originally posted by Stealth Moose

Thanks.smile

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 06:55 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I like that we get to drive the batmobile...bout f*ckin' time

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 06:57 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

I read that the main story is possibly going to have something to do with Knight Fall. I know that Rocksteady had been working on this game for a long time and thats why they didn't have anything to do with Origins. Although, did anyone notice how big a role Bane had in Origins? Maybe that was the plan all along. Let another studio put out a game that places Bane in a spot light while Rocksteady works on a game that specifically stars him.

I can't wait to find out more!

EDIT: This is a Next Gen and PC only game.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 07:12 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I know, it sucks cause now I gotta guy a PS4 and that's cheap right now

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 07:18 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

I think its a stupid move to excluded the previous Gen especially since lots of people aren't able to afford them. I was able to sell my PS3 and 360 with a ton of extra games and accessories around Christmas to afford my Xbone...so im set. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 07:23 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

...I've never hated you more than I do now

Guess I'll just have to save up, I think it'll be a while till this one...maybe October/November time at least

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 07:29 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by steverules_2
...I've never hated you more than I do now

Guess I'll just have to save up, I think it'll be a while till this one...maybe October/November time at least

Yes give in to the hate!

According to a recent post I read, the release date will be October 14th. I can't vouch for the validity of that date but we shall see. Makes sense though. All the previous games were released between Sept-Nov.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 07:52 PM
Arachnid1

This looks badass. Looking forward to getting Conroy back!

(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by Stealth Moose

Nice new avatar on you too BTW

PWNT

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 08:23 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Origins was good, but not on par with the other games, I felt. Lacked the atmosphere of the first two, and just felt a lot more bland, to me. Quality narrative, though.

I can't wait for this one.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 08:28 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree with Backfire. Origins wasn't as tight as the previous games. Something was off about it.

I am looking forward to this one though. Next gen and done by Rocksteady...sign me up!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 08:42 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Covers for the game. I'll be getting it on PS4 of course.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

So Harley's the pre-order character this time? Meeeh! Will probably give her a try, but doubt I'll enjoy using her as much as Slade.

And yeah, seems sweet that you'll be able to use the batmobile. Cool concepts of it so far.

http://i.imgur.com/cqPAmvs.jpg

Just hope you can still use the batwing as a fast travel accessory. If not, oh well.

Glad I'll be having something Batman to look forward to this year too, but seeing as how Origins just came out last year... I hope this doesn't become a trend with yearly releases like Assassin's Creed and the like.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 08:49 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

It's the last Arkham game so no yearly releases for Batman, and considering this is a sequel to Arkham city then Conroy should definitely be back. It'll be weird not having Joker in this one though.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 09:04 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Where did you get that this would be the last Arkham game? huh Somehow I doubt that. They might say that now, but then later some other team might make a game that's after Origins but before Asylum or something, to milk the successful franchise.

If it is Conroy, I'll be glad to have him back too, though Bat's Origins voice grew on me as well. And you never know with the Joker; not everyone thought he would've been in Origins at first and that Black Mask being the main villain was just a front.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Mar 4th, 2014 at 09:12 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 09:09 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Well I guess it said the final arkham game developed by Rocksteady, I was under the impression this'd be the last one but I guess another studio could take it up like with origins

And yeah Conroy is back for this one. Since this is a sequel to Arkham city then Jokers dead...but they could resurrect him some how I guess

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 09:16 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

I hope they keep things like the new dective vision but drop that stupid mutiplayer entirely. The rocksteady franchise Has been entirely single player and I don't want them to mess that up.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2014 10:12 PM