KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Xcom 2

Xcom 2
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Xcom 2

(please log in to view the image)

So you think you defeated the aliens in the first reboot of the XCOM series, XCOM: Enemy Unknown? Think again mother****er!

A few days ago Firaxis announced they were releasing a sequel. This is a continuation of the storyline in the first game except it seems to be based on the 75% of the times the aliens beat the shit out of XCOM and conquered the planet. Probably just dropped a bunch of Sectopods and Chrysalids in the first month and didn't bother pissing around this time.

The new game is centered around leading a resistance movement rising against the alien controlled government as the ragtag remnants of XCOM. With a greater emphasis on stealth movement and guerrilla tactics and against new aliens and traitorous human scum, you must take the fight to the victorious alien menace and once more save Earth!

For more indepth look into news about the sequel look:

Here and here, including statements from Creative Director Jake Solomon.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 08:05 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Looking forward to it. I really enjoyed the previous game. A good surprise.

As long as you can have snipers who can have double tap and squadsight, I will be happy. With an upgrade sniper rifle and top quality character, they were ****ing unstoppable in the later games.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 11:59 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I greatly recommend the Long War mod if you're in the mood for some more Xcom and can't wait for no2. It's an amazing mod that vastly improves and expands on the base game of Enemy Unknown/Within. Increasing the number of classes to 8 and giving each one an equivalent Mec class (for a total of 16 classes!), adding new weapons and tech trees, new tactical options and abilities, new gameplay mechanics, "Boss" aliens etc.

It's harder than regular Xcom though, but it adds soooo much that it's worth a look if you're into the series. Definitely watch some youtube videos or read up on it first though. It's complex and difficult. Beaglerush is a big name player to look into, he has a youtube and streams it.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jun 6th, 2015 at 12:14 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2015 12:10 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Looking forward to it. Adored the first one, and was surprised when they said this one was going to be PC exclusive. Not complaining though. If it's half as good as the first one, it'll be awesome.

Favourite ability? Snipers that can shoot anyone in LOS on the field.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2015 01:51 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, add that with double tap, it was ****ing unstopppable.

I remember playing the invasion mission in Enemy Within and having two snipers in my group basically saved me. Once you move onto the top floors and have the whole warehouse infront of you, two double tap/squadsight snipers made pretty quick work.

Man, that game was fun. I enjoyed how I can create a defensive field of agents and have the aliens attack me and them getting blasted by 4 overwatches. It was great.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2015 03:33 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Xcom 2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys

So you think you defeated the aliens in the first reboot of the XCOM series, XCOM: Enemy Unknown? Think again mother****er!

A few days ago Firaxis announced they were releasing a sequel. This is a continuation of the storyline in the first game except it seems to be based on the 75% of the times the aliens beat the shit out of XCOM and conquered the planet. Probably just dropped a bunch of Sectopods and Chrysalids in the first month and didn't bother pissing around this time.

The new game is centered around leading a resistance movement rising against the alien controlled government as the ragtag remnants of XCOM. With a greater emphasis on stealth movement and guerrilla tactics and against new aliens and traitorous human scum, you must take the fight to the victorious alien menace and once more save Earth!

For more indepth look into news about the sequel look:

Here and here, including statements from Creative Director Jake Solomon.

As much as I absolutely loved both XCOM: EU sp mode and XCOM: EW sp mode there's no way in Hell Firaxis will ever be getting my money again because they never bothered to properly fix mp mode in either game. It was a shame too cause it was really really fun when it worked right but unfortunately, most of the time it didn't. Both games mp are buggy as Hell. So much so that I gave up on mp mode a looong time ago (though I still enjoy the Hell out of sp). Any company that releases a half-broken poorly tested game (EU) and never bothers to properly fix it, then does the same in the expansion game (EW), then has the nerve to release a sequel and expect their customers to just forgive and forget how they phucked them in the first two games is lower than dog shit. Phuck you, Firaxis. You'll never get my business again.

Edit: If Firaxis had just stuck to a SP game for a cheaper price then I would've been happy. It's much better than hyping-up a game's mp mode just to get hard core mp gamers to buy the game just to increase their profit and then not bother to properly playtest it or fix it after all the complaints that they received from their customers. It just shows how they really don't give a shit about them. They only care about the almighty dollar.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Jun 6th, 2015 at 05:25 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2015 05:11 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by -Pr-
Looking forward to it. Adored the first one, and was surprised when they said this one was going to be PC exclusive. Not complaining though. If it's half as good as the first one, it'll be awesome.

Favourite ability? Snipers that can shoot anyone in LOS on the field.

They sold 10 times as many copies on PC as they did on console. So that's likely why it's exclusive.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2015 01:27 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Re: Re: Xcom 2

Originally posted by Star428
As much as I absolutely loved both XCOM: EU sp mode and XCOM: EW sp mode there's no way in Hell Firaxis will ever be getting my money again because they never bothered to properly fix mp mode in either game. It was a shame too cause it was really really fun when it worked right but unfortunately, most of the time it didn't. Both games mp are buggy as Hell. So much so that I gave up on mp mode a looong time ago (though I still enjoy the Hell out of sp). Any company that releases a half-broken poorly tested game (EU) and never bothers to properly fix it, then does the same in the expansion game (EW), then has the nerve to release a sequel and expect their customers to just forgive and forget how they phucked them in the first two games is lower than dog shit. Phuck you, Firaxis. You'll never get my business again.

Edit: If Firaxis had just stuck to a SP game for a cheaper price then I would've been happy. It's much better than hyping-up a game's mp mode just to get hard core mp gamers to buy the game just to increase their profit and then not bother to properly playtest it or fix it after all the complaints that they received from their customers. It just shows how they really don't give a shit about them. They only care about the almighty dollar.

Even without MP, the game would of been sold at the same price. There's enough content to warrant it.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 03:27 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They sold 10 times as many copies on PC as they did on console. So that's likely why it's exclusive.

Nope its not, Its more to do with this sequel being more hardware heavy having better looking characters , environments & Destruction.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 08:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

oh it's definitely a reason; im just surprised they did it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 10:45 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Xcom 2

Originally posted by Smasandian
Even without MP, the game would of been sold at the same price. There's enough content to warrant it.

Perhaps. But, they still shouldn't have hyped up mp just to increase their sales if they had no intention of properly playtesting it or patching it. The patches they released didn't really help mp at all. I know xcom is mostly about SP and I definitely enjoyed it more than mp mode even when it worked properly. It's the best SP game (EW, that is) that I've played in my entire life but I'm not sure if I would've bought game if they didn't have MP.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Jun 7th, 2015 at 11:48 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 11:38 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by -Pr-
oh it's definitely a reason; im just surprised they did it.

Not what i read from what Firaxis has said...as i said above.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 01:32 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I wish the snake girl would hug me. sad

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 05:20 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Lotta people feel the same way bro.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 05:40 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Kazenji
Not what i read from what Firaxis has said...as i said above.

You're acting like that's the only reason. I've read their interviews too, you know.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 10:13 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Good for you i suppose if you read most of their interviews

also i'm getting my info from one they did wit IGN over the reason, Which is from the 5th this month.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jun 8th, 2015 at 05:32 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 05:18 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Pretty sure I was referencing the same one... You don't have to get so picky about it.

Just saying they had more than one reason, which they did.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 05:35 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just saw the E3 footage; looks good. Can't wait to see more.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2015 08:33 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep!

I hope the story missions are even more unique than your typical randomized missions.

Something to akin to Enemy Within with the base assault.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2015 09:06 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That would be cool. I read that Overwatch is now sequential, so if the first shooter kills the enemy, the others won't waste their shots. That could be HUGE.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 24th, 2015 01:30 AM