KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Life On Other Planets? Is Earth Unique?

Life On Other Planets? Is Earth Unique?
Started by: JesusLovesYou

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Life On Other Planets? Is Earth Unique?

Location, location, location are the three most important words in real estate. It's not a coincidence that Earth is the only inhabitable world in the universe. Earth has everything that is absolutely necessary for life to exist. It is no wonder life does not exist on any other planet. What does the Bible say about Earth?

Isaiah 45:18

For thus says the Lord that created the heavens; God Himself that formed the EARTH and made it; He has established it, He created it not in vain, He formed it to be INHABITED: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

Your home--which just so happens to have all of the right conditions to make living in it hospitable, all things being equal--is constructed of natural materials, some of which were modified from various raw materials, so your house has a purely naturalistic origin correct?

It had no designer, and is not the product of an intelligent mind right? Logic tells you that your home was created by a big bang right?

Antimatter and matter went contrary to the laws of physics' three laws of motion, collided, and that formed your life-sheltering (perhaps sustaining and supporting as well) house correct?

Or better yet your home--with its plumbing system, electrical system, insulation system, heating system, in just the right location (it's not hanging precariously off of Mount Everest, in a perennial blizzard)--expanded from infinitely dense matter known as a singularity.

Am I on the right track?

What would you think if I said to you that this is what I wholeheartedly believe?

What would you say if I said that your home, and all of the complex matter and organisms in your home (the framework, foundation, appliances, carpets, rugs, ceiling, drywall, nails, furniture, TVs, paint work, doors, knobs, keys, clocks, washers, dryers, toasters, refrigerator, beds, laptops, cellphones, radios, mirrors, clothes, boxes, plants, fish, dogs, cats, flowers, gardens, garage, cars, trucks, birds, insects, faucets, toilets, showers, heat, breaker boxes, outlets, lamps, light switches, stove, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, sink, bath tub, couches, love seat, recliner, shoes, belts, wallet, your family and everything in it)--self-organized from chemicals and energy, and were the result of random chance?

That you and your home had no parents (or human creators), all of the meaningfully organized quarks, atoms, molecules, and other matter all came together on their own, and are the result of a purely naturalistic and materialistic origin. Matter just decided on its own to form a foundation from specific chemicals, or a framework from wood without the aid of an intelligent mind. The ceiling formed itself, the plumbing system formed itself. The electrical system formed itself. Matter chose the ideal location for your home and all of the other things that you would need to make it hospitable for life. It was not a designer with an intelligent mind that did these things, it was just matter, gravity, chemicals, blind chance, and energy. All of the matter came together in all of the most meaningful places so that you could have someplace hospitable to live.

Again, no architect, no designer, no blueprints, no creator--just an impersonal clump of matter created all of these interconnected conditions that you just so happened to be the beneficiary of.

What would you think of me if I said this and truly believed it? Would you believe that I was rational? Would you believe that I was being logical? What if I said that since I do not see the builder that he doesn't exist?

What would you say?

I say that this finely-tuned universe proves that Earth is INDEED unique.

Click on the next post for more...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_A7it_Mtk06Zo_pPB5ayGiUnsRxtgSUDvsqjxOk3SMg/edit

Old Post Jun 18th, 2017 09:52 PM
JesusLovesYou is currently offline Click here to Send JesusLovesYou a Private Message Find more posts by JesusLovesYou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Also, here’s some interesting comparisons that I made about Earth. You see, just as a mansion is a house built by humans, Earth is a house built by God.

Natural insulation = the ozone layer and/or geomagnetic field
Heating and lighting system = the sun and moon at night
Walls = the other worlds or mountains
Plumbing = the lakes, rivers, and oceans
Electrical system = lightning
AC unit = the atmosphere or wind
Carpet = the grass
Floor = the ground or earth
Roof = the sky or ozone layer
Garage = the caves
Garden = the natural prairies and forests

Natural Appliances like the:
Oven and/or stove = the volcanoes
Washing machine = the lakes, rivers, and oceans
Dryer = the sun and wind

Household components like the:
Faucet = water or springs
Shower = the rain
Hot water = the hot springs

Other components (non-house):
GPS system = the stars and worlds

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_A7it_Mtk06Zo_pPB5ayGiUnsRxtgSUDvsqjxOk3SMg/edit

Old Post Jun 18th, 2017 09:53 PM
JesusLovesYou is currently offline Click here to Send JesusLovesYou a Private Message Find more posts by JesusLovesYou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 03:11 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Why there is no life on Mars or any moons of Jupiter?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 09:32 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote:
Garage = the caves
laughing out loud

quote:
laughing

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 12:59 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by JesusLovesYou
Also, here’s some interesting comparisons that I made about Earth. You see, just as a mansion is a house built by humans, Earth is a house built by God.

Natural insulation = the ozone layer and/or geomagnetic field
Heating and lighting system = the sun and moon at night
Walls = the other worlds or mountains
Plumbing = the lakes, rivers, and oceans
Electrical system = lightning
AC unit = the atmosphere or wind
Carpet = the grass
Floor = the ground or earth
Roof = the sky or ozone layer
Garage = the caves
Garden = the natural prairies and forests

Natural Appliances like the:
Washing machine = the lakes, rivers, and oceans
Dryer = the sun and wind

Household components like the:
Faucet = water or springs
Shower = the rain
Hot water = the hot springs

Other components (non-house):
GPS system = the stars and worlds

lol...

Okay, but see the analogy falls apart pretty easily because your household items there don't have DNA that has developed and evolved naturally on the planet. You're not taking into account new information that has come about through scientific discoveries. You see how you're living in the wrong century by clinging to an outdated document like the Bible?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 01:33 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

And as far as whether or not there is life on other planets, well, it's extremely likely that there is life on other planets considering the sheer abundance of stars in the universe and the even larger number of planets surrounding those stars. I think it's crazy to think there isn't life elsewhere, but conscious life, who knows...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 01:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

No, more like:

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 01:44 PM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Why there is no life on Mars or any moons of Jupiter?

Exactly. You hit the nail on the head.

God created EARTH to be inhabited, not any other planet. That's why no life exists anywhere else in the universe.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 01:45 PM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by Beniboybling
laughing out loud

laughing

Cool/funny comparisons huh?

big grin

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 01:46 PM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
lol...

Okay, but see the analogy falls apart pretty easily because your household items there don't have DNA that has developed and evolved naturally on the planet. You're not taking into account new information that has come about through scientific discoveries. You see how you're living in the wrong century by clinging to an outdated document like the Bible?

I think you read more into my comparisons than I intended for you to. It's not meant to be literal, scientific comparisons, just neat, fun, cool comparisons.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 01:48 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I think you read more into my comparisons than I intended for you to. It's not meant to be literal, scientific comparisons, just neat, fun, cool comparisons.

That's why no life exists anywhere else in the universe.

That's speculation and can't be proven or disproven at this point. wink

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 01:56 PM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Last edited by JesusLovesYou on Jun 19th, 2017 at 01:59 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 01:57 PM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

And as far as whether or not there is life on other planets, well, it's extremely likely that there is life on other planets considering the sheer abundance of stars in the universe and the even larger number of planets surrounding those stars. I think it's crazy to think there isn't life elsewhere, but conscious life, who knows...

Well, since you claim that it is likely that there is life on other planets, the BURDEN OF PROOF is on YOU.

Now, PROVE IT.

cool

I already KNOW that there's no life on any other planet thanks to what you call, "...an outdated document like the Bible." But the Bible is NOT outdated.

In fact, God's Book (the Bible) reveals scientific facts thousands and hundreds of years before modern scientists discovered "and" confirmed them. http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science.html

There is "no" scientific explanation for "how" the Bible could have known (and revealed) these things unless the Author of the Bible is God.

Secondly, God Book (the Bible) which predicts (prophesies) events thousands and hundreds of years before they occur) which corroborates it’s divine origin. http://www.reasons.org/articles/art...ty-of-the-bible

Also, the Lord Jesus predicted that the second Temple in Jerusalem would be destroyed.

Approximately, 40 years later (70 A.D.) the Romans under Titus destroyed this temple in response to Jewish rebellion.

Also, the Bible (the Word of God) predicted that Israel would become a nation again (Ezekiel 36:33-35). This prophecy was "fulfilled" in 1948.

Here's many prophecies about the Lord Jesus that He fulfilled: http://aboutbibleprophecy.com/messianic.htm

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 02:01 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yes the conditions of the Earth and life existing on Earth are a relatively weak form of the cosmological argument, whereas the ordering of scientific law and fine tuning of scientific law (which you've mentioned a few times) is a more compelling argument.

I'd advise you to focus more on the nature of scientific law and the fine tuning of scientific law rather than a comparison of Earth's conditions to the rest of the universe. The universe is so vast that life existing on Earth and Earth's conditions isn't that compelling, and arguing scientific law is fine tuned is more compelling.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 02:06 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

What if Jesus was an Alien?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 02:07 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 02:18 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well, since you claim that it is likely that there is life on other planets, the BURDEN OF PROOF is on YOU.

Now, PROVE IT.

What did I just say...

That's speculation and can't be proven or disproven at this point. wink

I have no certainty with proof. YOU are the one who is so certain, so where is YOUR proof?

We can't possibly explore the entire universe to prove or disprove it. We can't even explore the entire planet at once time to prove or disprove the existence of Sasquatch. But there is probability involved. I have no idea what the probability is, though.. something called the Drake Equation.

In fact, God's Book (the Bible) reveals scientific facts thousands and hundreds of years before modern scientists discovered "and" confirmed them. http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science.html

Lol, those are stretching things quite a bit. There's still nothing about germ theory for disease. Wouldn't an omniscient entity feel it necessary to tell his creation about something so crucial? If it weren't for science we would still be burning heretics and witches alive for looking at us funny and blaming sins for disease and disaster.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 02:20 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

No, more like:

Novel concept: life adapted to Earth's conditions over a period of millions of years.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 02:30 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Novel concept: life adapted to Earth's conditions over a period of millions of years.
Fine-tuning is a thing though. There's a reason the likes of Stephen Hawking feel the need to subscribe to theories such as the scientific counterpart of Creationism: the Multiverse theory. Lol

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 03:58 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote