KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » When you reach the age of reason, will you reject supernatural religion?

When you reach the age of reason, will you reject supernatural religion?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

Or will you seek a moral religion to replace the immoral one you now follow, if you happen to be Christian or Muslim?

Or will you let your faith hide the truth of the immorality of your God?

Martin Luther.
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 12:09 AM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

God will kill you and torture you. Have a nice day!

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 12:11 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Greatest I Am
Martin Luther.
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

Damn, did he really say that?

At least he realizes that the two are incompatible... science and faith-based religion. A lot of people now can't admit that.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 12:41 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
God will kill you and torture you. Have a nice day!

No. I am stronger than God.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 12:48 AM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

At least he realizes that the two are incompatible... science and faith-based religion. A lot of people now can't admit that.

A lot but not the majority.

I can forgive M L somewhat because of his time but I cannot forgive modern people.

http://imgur.com/IBroXK9

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 12:51 AM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Greatest I am
(please log in to view the image)

Some people should be put to sleep.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 01:22 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Patient_Leech

I agree, but better to waken the sleepers and brain dead.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 09:54 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What exactly is the "age of reason" ? I would assume the age would be something like 18 or 21, which I would think most posters here are older than that.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 10:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Scientist's believe only in what can be measured? Really?

Scientists take things on faith as much as any human being does (Whether religious conviction, irrational desire for validation/advancement in their choice of career, or a love of a child with a disability who many may wish didn't exist as a burdon on society.

It's called "human nature". And frankly, a human who passively meaures the human condition as if his fellow man has no intrinsic value sounds like a human I'd rather avoid..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 10:31 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

OP, you are going to Hell.

Regards
THE LORD

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 10:50 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell is for children.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 10:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

something something SCRIPTURE

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 10:55 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by cdtm
Scientist's believe only in what can be measured? Really?

No, that's not strictly true. Scientists are just people, so while I'd say they're generally more inclined towards measurable beliefs, the more accurate thing to say would be, "only that which can be measured falls under the umbrella of science."

quote:
Scientists take things on faith as much as any human being does (Whether religious conviction, irrational desire for validation/advancement in their choice of career, or a love of a child with a disability who many may wish didn't exist as a burdon on society.

Ngl not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 10:56 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by NewGuy01
No, that's not strictly true. Scientists are just people, so while I'd say they're generally more inclined towards measurable beliefs, the more accurate thing to say would be, "only that which can be measured falls under the umbrella of science."

Ngl not sure what point you're trying to make here.

My point is that he's wrong in saying science and faith are incompatible. The two have nothing to do with each other.

Being a Catholic, Christian, Muslim, or practicing jew is no more relevent to being a scientist then taking it on faith then accepting a parent loves their child above other human, or beliving that equality is a virtue worth advocating, is.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 11:09 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will say that I do not believe in God, but I do believe in the supernatural. I went to a Catholic grammar school(and high school). I was in 8th grade when I became an atheist. It all started when I was scolded for merely questioning something about the bible.

See so instead of trying to engage with me they set me on a course that made me stop believing, all because they couldn't handle a question.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 11:33 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Ghosts and ghoulies then, lel.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 06:51 AM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Surtur
I will say that I do not believe in God, but I do believe in the supernatural.

So what exactly do you mean by "supernatural"? Ghosts and ghoulies (like Beni mentioned)? And what empirical evidence do you have for it?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 02:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So what exactly do you mean by "supernatural"? Ghosts and ghoulies (like Beni mentioned)? And what empirical evidence do you have for it?

I said I believe in it, I never said I have evidence. I do believe spirits exist. I believe there is an afterlife, though not like Christians believe. No "heaven" or "hell" nor do your actions in life dictate anything about your afterlife.

I believe there are other planes of existence, perhaps some represent what most would picture "hell" to be like, and perhaps some represent what most would picture "heaven" to be like.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 04:40 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Then why are you so agressive about Christian's beliefs if you also believe in absurdity with admitedly no evidence?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 04:43 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Then why are you so agressive about Christian's beliefs if you also believe in absurdity with admitedly no evidence?

Well you see I don't believe in a crazy sky god that murders people, etc. My beliefs also are not about the way people should act, but about merely the nature of the universe.

Did you want to try again?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 04:59 PM