KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Proteus Vs Deadman

Proteus Vs Deadman
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Proteus Vs Deadman

(please log in to view the image)

No prep.
No BFR.
One random body to possess.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2017 07:42 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Deadman.

Proteus' abilities rely on him having line of sight, or has he been upgraded?

Nobody can see Deadman, sans magic users. Or unless he wants to be seen (and even then, I thought his curse was so they couldn't).

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 10:44 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

So this is about who's better at possessing people? They try to take possession of that random body and whoever does, wins? Or is there some further fight involved?

Both are incorporeal spirits so I don't think they can possess each other.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 10:56 AM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

With these characters, i just wanted to see how posters would interpret the confrontation.
Who could possess the body? If one had the bidy would that leave him vulnerable to the other whole in the body?
Things like that.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 11:34 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Things like telepathy etc don't work on Deadman, IIRC.

So psychic energy, emanating as it does from living creatures, wouldn't affect him.

Whereas he can affect others.

So if there was a body (some poor innocent random), Proteus could take over first,and then Deadman would just supercede him.

Or Deadman takes possession first,but Proteus wouldn't be able to then take over.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 11:44 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well, DM's one of your go to 'cant be beat' characters, so i figured you'd break it down, if no one else did.
Thanks!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:30 PM
carver9

Proteus stomps. He knows he is in a match so his main attack would be to get past DM disguise.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:45 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Lol.

Not sure if serious.......

He's not fighting Mysterio. What disguise does he need to get past?

@OP: also, wouldn't Boston just need to wait until Proteus burns him out?

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 12:50 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:47 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

proteus is undoubtedly the more powerful. he was also able to possess multiple bodies at one time. could deadman possess proteus? i doubt it. proteus was able to split his consciousness into several pieces. even if he did get proteus' body, he wouldn't get 'proteus' himself since he'd just...move his consciousness. or maybe his multiple consciousnesses would just overwhelm d-man and give him the boot? hard to say. not sure exactly what has affected d-man in the past so hard to say just what proteus could do to him directly, but i can't see d-man doing much more than annoying proteus. /shrug

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 01:35 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Deadman can split himself up to possess different bodies.

OP has only a single body. Once Proteus takes possession of it (am not going to go into who is faster at possession lol) and starts expending energy.....all D has to do is wait him out and burn him out.

D has possessed Swamp Thing,and gone into the multiversal Green.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 01:51 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

if it's not a battle of possession, (not sure who would take it if it were) proteus wouldn't need the body anyway. he'd just destroy it. /shrug

then d-man would need to try and possess proteus and i have no idea if he could. i know he's been ousted a few times. could proteus's reality control harm him? i don't know. i'd need to see the times he failed (iirc phantom stranger threw him out once, but can't recall who else has) to get a better idea if he could take possession of proteus. maybe. and wasn't there something wonky with ST when d-man took control over him? his consciousness was gone or something....? thought i remembered someone bringing that feat up before...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 02:08 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Constantine threw him out because he was too dirty (I regard that as PIS and general John wankery).

Barry threw him out with the Speed Force.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 02:15 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

so i guess it comes down to whether his reality control would allow him to attack him in ways most can't, or allow him to at least affect d-man in ways most can't. i don't think this can be answered anything close to a definitive way. /shrug

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 03:26 PM
DarkSaint85

With prep,I reckon he could.

There was an alt earth that the JLD went to, where science and magic fought.

Deadman was caged and ripped apart by some cyborgs who knew how to deal with ghosts.

He came back (obv) but it would be a forum win.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 03:29 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Proteus

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 06:05 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glorificus

The reality warper.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 07:12 PM
Glorificus is currently offline Click here to Send Glorificus a Private Message Find more posts by Glorificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

This went better than i thought.
I knew Proteus had some tools to use here, was hoping to see if anyone agreed.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 10:08 PM