KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Call of Duty (2014)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04...-image-revealed

We've got our first image. I haven't been hyped for a COD game in a long time, and am not hyped for this one. Hopefully they change that. Without zombies, this series is nothing to me. Do a stand alone zombie game with every map ever made. Do you have any idea the amount of money you would get for that?

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Apr 22nd, 2014 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2014 09:06 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I know we're gonna get a Call of Duty every year but I can't help but cringe whenever I hear of a new one.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2014 09:16 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

LoL. Me too. Gave up on it a while ago. They should find a way to spice the multiplayer. Its grown too stale for me. I don't ask for something as awesome as Titanfall(Game is super fun. Everyone should effin' play it) As it stands I still like the CoD formula, but I'm bored to hell with it. Problem is if they change anything the fanbase will go nuts and it will implode. Kind of like what happened to Halo with Reach.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 12:01 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I haven't even played Ghosts, yet. I dunno if I ever will. I still play Black Ops II semi-regularly.

The entire franchise needs tweaking, IMO.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 12:23 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Or maybe a break. A year or two would be great. I despise yearly releases. Hated them in sports game and hate them in shooters/assassin's creed. Fact I got up to Modern Warfare 3 is proof how much I liked the addictive gameplay o CoD4's metagame. Oh...and knives need to go to hell lol. I will always hate that mechanic.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 01:06 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The S symbol
Restricted

Account Restricted

Too much. Too Fast. let the series rest for a while.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2014 01:05 PM
The S symbol is currently offline Click here to Send The S symbol a Private Message Find more posts by The S symbol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

After what i heard about Ghosts, They need to go back to the early games to find out what made those ones great

even the whole dog that they were hyping up about was a let down too.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2014 01:49 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Go back to the early games?

They are all the same. The first Call of Duty plays the exactly the same as the last Call of Duty.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2014 03:37 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Yeah. Im conflicted about the series. Thank Respawn for Titanfall thugh. Lets me get that arcadish, mindless addictive fun of CoD without feeling like I'm being ripped off.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2014 04:07 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Go back to the early games?

They are all the same. The first Call of Duty plays the exactly the same as the last Call of Duty.

What i'm trying to say is they need to pull it apart and look at the essence of COD, what makes COD COD? Which is the fast paced frantic online play, those action sequences that are exciting to be in.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 01:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

All of those things have been in every iteration of the game, though. The frantic online play, the exciting action set-pieces, it's all there in Ghosts and Black Ops 2.

The problem is just that... shit gets old. Unless it's some shitty Nintendo game like Mario, you can only keep the formula of a game going for so long.

Even with Nintendo's games, the only reason people still play Super Mario 2012943109313812 is because it only comes out once every three or four years, as opposed to semi-annually.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 02:56 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree. The Call of Duty franchise has played the same since Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

It wouldn't be a problem if the release schedule happened every few years instead of every year.

But for some reason I still buy it because the game always comes out when I have a day off from work and would like to play some crazy SP shooter. I don't even bother with the MP because it will not be as good as BF.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 12:21 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

They actually changed quite a bit with Ghosts. They changed the way you level up, changed the way loadouts work, change the way you get new weapons. All of these changes didn't really work out very weoo. However, they also changed killstreaks and scaled them back, which was the one really good change they did in Ghosts. Unfortunately they also borked up the maps. There's a lot of bad maps in Ghosts. Many are too big and too open. You can go too long without encountering an enemy. Of course large maps like this also give way to annoying games where everyone is sniping. Most of the maps just don't flow as well as they did in Blops 2.

They really should stop with the annual releases. They won't - it's free money, but if they care about the longevity of the series they should. I think a bi-annual COD game would be good.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 01:02 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That' all MP related. I don't play it anymore. I stopped after MW3.

I agree, a bi-annual COD game would be good. Then again, I think bi-annual for any series is a good thing (looking at you Assassins Creed).
Just copy what EA is doing with the BF series. One game every two years and 4-5 substantial map packs.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 01:45 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

thumb up

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 03:55 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Call of Duty use to be bi-annual until Treyarch came along.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 06:43 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Kind of.

The only time when CoD was bi-annual was between the first and the second.

But.....there was an expansion pack called United Offensive, which was developed by Grey Matter that was released in 2004. Considering that United Offensive was about 6 hours long and had a different multiplayer (vehicles!), I would still consider CoD to be an annual game.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 12:33 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well i wasn't taking into account the expansions and all that king of stuff.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 12:45 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I would agree but United Offensive is longer than most of the Call of Duty games.

If it was released in 2014, it would be a full Call of Duty title. It's only an expansion pack because that's what they did in 2004.

Also, Grey Matter merged into Treyarch as well.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 01:13 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I just think the franchise would benefit from a break. 2 years between each release would make for really, really big hype.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 06:20 PM