KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems to say yes.

Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems to say yes.
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

Fake News is what many are calling lies or distortions of the truth these days.

No organizations distort the truth and outright lie about Gods than the organized religions.

Should religions be classified as Fake News?

The bible seems to say yes.

Isaiah 56:11) "They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one" But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, "you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked" (Malachi 3:18)

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 01:10 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

It's not Fake News! Religions have "Alternative Facts," sir. Trump-approved Religion. If you call it "Fake News" Trump will disapprove. It's not right for everyone to be trapped under the same destructive set of cohesive facts. So everyone should be allowed to believe whatever they want without reasonable evidence. Especially if it's already well-established organized nonsense that many people accept like Christianity or Islam or Mormonism, etc. Duh!

That is in essence what faith-based Religion is all about these days.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Jul 5th, 2017 at 01:19 PM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2017 01:06 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
It's not Fake News! Religions have "Alternative Facts," sir. Trump-approved Religion. If you call it "Fake News" Trump will disapprove. It's not right for everyone to be trapped under the same destructive set of cohesive facts. So everyone should be allowed to believe whatever they want without reasonable evidence. Especially if it's already well-established organized nonsense that many people accept like Christianity or Islam or Mormonism, etc. Duh!

That is in essence what faith-based Religion is all about these days.

True. It is all lies and that is why I dubbed it Fake News.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jul 6th, 2017 01:39 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The funny thing is...something like this recently made headlines. It was some journalist whining about fake news and they tried to say "oh the bible is too".

The bible is no more fake news than the latest Superman comic.

Teen Vogue writer slams Bible as equivalent to fake news — the internet responds in force

The person at Vogue who wrote the article is the same girl who got owned on Tucker Carlsons show.

This is what she tweeted lol:

"Folks, if you think there are too many mistakes in modern journalism, let me tell you about inaccuracies in this one book called "The Bible""

She got mocked, and one of the funnier tweets mocking her was:

"Folks, if you think the peer review process has been subverted and needs reforming, let me tell you about inaccuracies in these Hindu texts."

laughing

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 6th, 2017 at 04:56 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2017 04:51 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Thanks for this.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 01:13 AM