KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Size of Kong in the Monsterverse

Size of Kong in the Monsterverse
Started by: darthbane77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthbane77

Size of Kong in the Monsterverse

So I'm curious as to how big we all think Kong will get by the time of he and Godzilla's title fight in 2020. I have an idea of how big I think he'll get:

Kong Size Analysis

But, I'm curious as to what others think.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 04:22 AM
darthbane77 is currently offline Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Wow... that's a lot of work put into something so pointless.

I like it.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 04:27 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Wow... that's a lot of work put into something so pointless.

I like it.
lol. I was bored and figured I hadn't made a long thread a while.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 06:03 AM
darthbane77 is currently offline Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Why doesn't Kong have a penis?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 06:25 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

i went from 5'8" to 6'2" in one summer.

it's a movie. relax.

also, they could easily explain his growth by saying the island was nuked and he grew from the radiation.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 06:42 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

The director has said they will more or less be the same size, and it was made abundantly clear in Skull Island that Kong was no where near done growing yet.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 02:59 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Re: Size of Kong in the Monsterverse

Originally posted by darthbane77

But, I'm curious as to what others think.

He's gonna be almost the size of my d!ck. cool

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 03:04 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Inhuman
Why doesn't Kong have a penis?

They're just being accurate, Gorillas actually have tiny weenies. laughing out loud

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 04:26 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Originally posted by marwash22
i went from 5'8" to 6'2" in one summer.

it's a movie. relax.

also, they could easily explain his growth by saying the island was nuked and he grew from the radiation.
Seems like that would be a really poor cop out though.

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The director has said they will more or less be the same size, and it was made abundantly clear in Skull Island that Kong was no where near done growing yet.
When did the director say that?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 08:23 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

it would be a really poor cop out to explain that a 100 foot ape could grow larger from being exposed to radiation... in a film where giant buffalo's and fictional lizard monsters exist?

okay.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 08:37 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

it would be a really poor cop out to explain that a 100 foot ape could grow larger from being exposed to radiation... in a film where giant buffalo's and fictional lizard monsters exist?

okay.
What I mean is that they could make a better explanation. Godzilla wasn't created by radiation, he only fed on it (in the Monsterverse anyway) and the animals of Skull Island are honestly pretty believable when you examine the fossil record. So no, nuclear radiation is a cop out, a bad one.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 10:41 PM
steverules_2

Re: Re: Size of Kong in the Monsterverse

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

He's gonna be really small then

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 12:04 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Is the next movie going to occur in the microverse?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 01:06 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

okay.

What I mean is that they could make a better explanation. Godzilla wasn't created by radiation, he only fed on it (in the Monsterverse anyway) and the animals of Skull Island are honestly pretty believable when you examine the fossil record. So no, nuclear radiation is a cop out, a bad one.

No its not bad at all.
Its a go to reason for rapid growth. It has been, as early as THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS and THEM.

If you're looking to re-invent the wheel here, on a sci fi staple, then YOU provide a better alternative, dont just complain about what's in place, and say 'they could make a better explanation'.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 10:31 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Re: Re: Re: Size of Kong in the Monsterverse

Originally posted by steverules_2
He's gonna be really small then

No, BIG!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 12:46 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

He'll probably really overcompensate on message boards, too...angel

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 12:49 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I don't know what you're talking about...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 01:27 PM
darthbane77

Originally posted by riv6672
No its not bad at all.
Its a go to reason for rapid growth. It has been, as early as THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS and THEM.

If you're looking to re-invent the wheel here, on a sci fi staple, then YOU provide a better alternative, dont just complain about what's in place, and say 'they could make a better explanation'.
They've already come up with new ways for these monsters to be the size they are, that didn't involve mutation through radiation. All I'm saying is that they should do something original, rather than use the usual fallback option. I'm not complaining, and if they do the whole nuclear radiation made him grow shtick, I'll still see the movie, I just think they can be creative enough to think of something different, that's all.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 03:56 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

When did the director say that?

It was mentioned in the film that Kong was still growing.
They also show the bigger skeletal remains of his family.

Yeah I get Godzilla is vastly more superior in size to Kong.
I just don't like the idea of 2 monster creatures stomping cities to rubble...yet again.

I like the imagery & notion of Kong climbing & swinging from skyscrapers not knocking them down. I like the idea of an agile Kong rather than a colossal one.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 04:13 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Re: Re: Size of Kong in the Monsterverse

So Curious George meets Godzilla?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 04:16 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote