KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » Perseus

Perseus
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Perseus

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
Harry Hamlin (left) and Sam Worthington (right) as Perseus.

With the revamped version of the cult classic Clash of the Titans coming out, I feel kinda morally obligated to give the killer of Medusa his due.

Anybody who's anybody has seen the classic version with a pre L.A. Law Harry Hamilin as Perseus. Given what I've seen of the remake (Liam Neeson as Zeus!), me likey very much.

Also, it was pretty amusing to have Hamlin reprise his role in God of War 2. Too bad he got pwned. Very, very badly.

Either way, this new Clash of the Titans looks very, very promising.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 10:42 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Perseus

Sam Worthington really needs to let make-up give him a different haircut for his various roles, so far he's had the same hairstyle in Terminatormessedalvation, Avatar and Clash Of the Titans.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 10:48 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shouldn't it be "slayer" of Medusa?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 05:57 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I love the character, and am very much looking forward to Sam Worthington being in the role.

And yes, it sucks he got pwned so bad in GOW II. Funny you bring it up, I beat him in under five minutes earlier today.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 06:17 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Shouldn't it be "slayer" of Medusa?

It would be of complete awesomeness if they played Slayer during that scene in the new movie.

Have the intro to Raining Blood playing as Perseus and team enters the snake-****'s lair.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 07:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I loved the orignal... Looking forward to the remake

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 08:21 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Kratos beats the crap out of his half-brother. I guess he hated the original Clash of the Titans. It still amazes me that the designers got Harry Hamlin to do the voice. That was awesome.

The trailer for the remake. You gotta have Hamlin in this in a cameo role.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 05:29 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Why does Perseus have his helmet of invisibilty? That was lost in the swamp...even the God who gave it to him said it was lost forever

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 05:43 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

[quote author=Hulk Power link=topic=8444.msg175815#msg175815 date=1451833165]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EXUj_izIq4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRVo3ETa39k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGeL2mLeQ7I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kguwhKq30I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvED_cENrQw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtcVr9hLxGU

Perseus
Perseus has considerable strength and durability showings in Wrath of Titans, which makes it even more impressive how Ares totally dominated him in their fights

[li]Perseus vs Chimera[/li]
    [list][li]As you can see in the second video at 0:10, the Chimera is durable fall from great heights, creating respectably deep pit, its tail easily and swiftly knocking people in, [/li]
    [li]strong enough to dig through the ground at high speeds as seen at 0:47,[/li]
    [li]strong enough to smash through brick walls as seen at 1:27, 2:31, 2:36, 2:50, 3:14 and 3:55 (doubles as a durability feat)[/li]
    [li]is able to shrug of being stabbed multiple times as seen at 1:59[/li]
    [li]and carry off Perseus while charging as if he's an insect at 3:12 and smash through another wall with him[/li]
    [li]pull out hammered in pitons at 3:45 and drag Perseus like nothing at 3:49 along with smashing through another wall while dragging him. [/li]
    [li]Yet Perseus shrugs of being smashed through a brick wall like nothing at 3:14, has no serious damage after being dragged along the ground at high speed and getting smashed through another wall, hurts the creature along with driving his sword deep into the ground with a double-axe handle at 4:08, and holding it down long enough using chains and his strength while lying on his back till it is angry enough to breath fire on him and burn itself from 4:15 till the end of the video[/li]

[list]
    [li]Perseus vs Cyclops[/li]

[li]As you can see in the third video, The Cyclopses are nearly 40 feet tall giants,[/li]
    [li]strong enough to casually carry large trees in their hands as staffs as seen at 0:22,[/li]
    [li]and destroy other trees by smacking them with their tree-staffs, as seen at 0:53-0:56 and 1:08,[/li]
    [li]one-hit ko/kill normal humans at 0:42,[/li]
    [li]smash stone blocks at 0:48,[/li]
    [li]crush trees by stomping on them as seen at 0:58[/li]
    [li]wield a comparatively large hammer at 2:04[/li]
    [li]and yet at 2:06 and 2:17 Perseus temporarily holds his own against one of them in strength, neither getting crushed nor letting him get away by impaling and pinning the giant's hands with his sword to himself. He may have got help from two normal humans at 2:19, but its still impressive, and he did hold him there own his own till the others could come to help, and while they were helping he still managed to hold the giant two hands with one of his for some time. And the while giant overpowered them eventually, it is worth to note that the giant first overpowered one of the other humans before lifting Perseus who had lost his leverage.[/li]
    [li]Perseus's own weight played no part in this, and to hammer that point home we can see an aged and thin Cyclops holding up Agenor easily in one hand, who is a demi-god like Perseus and is similar in size. And even if you wan't to argue they are not the same giants, a guy who can lift trees one-handed would have no problem lifting a human body's weight[/li]

[list]
    [li][u]Perseus vs Minotaur
    [/li]

[list][li]As it is clear from the fourth video, this creature is pretty fast and stealthy, and larger than Perseus,[/li]
    [li]and easily carries him off while charging/bull-rushing at him,[/li]
    [li]knocks him high into the air and as seen at 0:25 hoists him easily[/li]
    [li]before throwing him with one-hand to a respectable distance also cracking the stone pillar that Perseus smashes onto,[/li]
    [li]and its horns impale the ground at 0:34 with just the force of bending down fast at Perseus.[/li]
    [li]At 1:05, when Perseus directs his charge his horns actually go deep into the pillar and get stuck.[/li]
    [li]A clearly superhuman creature, atleast in strength, Perseus takes several hits from him. And when he has it where he wants it to be at 1:07, Perseus punches him five times, breaking off its horn (which was durable enough to impale the ground and go deep within rock), before pulling it out the horn (something which the creature couldn't do), something which Perseus does casually, and stabbing it to death with it[/li]

[list]
    [li]Perseus vs Zeus bindings[/li]
    [list]
    [li]At 3:20 in the fifth video, he tries to pry open a heated rock at Zeus's feet, and some fiery material jumps out. Perseus is hurt but there is no serious damage or burns. [/li]
    [li]And at 3:24 Andromeda tries to break Zeus's bindings but striking at it with her sword's sharp side with no effect (remember she later decapitated both heads of a Makahi with one swing each with the same sword) but Perseus smashes them in one hit with the retracted trident handle[/li]

[list]
    [li]Perseus vs Ares[/li]
    [list]
    [li]In the first video, Ares throws Perseus through a stone pillar at 2:16 quite some distance, but Perseus manages to retain consciousness[/li]
    [li]In the sixth video at 1:40, after which Ares twists his arms, he knees Perseus in the abdomen, grabs him by the throat and suplexes him
    Perseus still managaes to remain conscious[/li]
    [li]A left hook that makes Perseus head hit against a nearby stone pillar, breaking pieces off it at 1:54. Perseus is still conscious and fighting[/li]
    [li]Perseus stuns Ares by striking his face with two rocks twice, and tries to take Zeus thunderbolt from his belt, but Ares twists his arm and easily smashes Perseus through atleast 3 massive stone pillars, causing them to collapse at 2:11. Perseus is still conscious, though too stunned/in pain to fight[/li]
    [li]Ares drags Perseus at 2:24 before laying his head on the corner of a stone tablet, then hitting his head so hard that the corner breaks off Perseus still doesn't lose consciousness[/li]
    [li]Ares kicks Perseus so hard that it cracked the stone tablet behind him at 2:58. Perseus is still conscious, though the fight is out of him[/li]
    [li]The few seconds his son bought him are more than enough for Perseus to recover at 3:29, enough to charge Ares at 3:34, stab Ares with one off his own knives, tank Ares smashing himnto i several pillars with enough force to damage him and sleeper hold him enough to get him down for few seconds, roe than enough time for Perseus to take the thunderbolt from Ares's belt and kill him with it[/li]

[/quote]

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2016 07:09 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

That's the feats from Wrath Of The Titans, now for those from Clash of the Titans
Clash of the Titans 2010 - Hades first appearance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXgmuhwqJRU
Perseus survived that attack at the end of the video and was still conscious. Also shows off the super strong harpies

"I am Hades" Clash of the Titans (2010) Clip (1/7)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHsUY-eb76Q
At 1:38, Hades telekinetically smashes Perseus with shield with enough force to send him flying across the room and hit hard onto a wall with enough force to damage it, but is still conscious and is ready to attack Hades if not for Io's insistence. Rememebrthataweaker Hadesthan in thismovie was ableto telekintically annihilate the Makhai and kncokaway Cronos meteors

Clash of the Titans #3 Movie CLIP - There's a God in You (2010) HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIZlw1Ou77Y
As you can see Perseus is a talented fighter and a quick study, and easily picks up skills
Starting from 0:41, despite having no previous fighting experience Perseus holds his own against the experienced commander who definitely was not going easy on him even if not trying his best
At 0:57 Perseus disarms Draco with such force that the sword flies across the clearing and is embedded into a tree

We're nearing Medusa's Lair" Clash of the Titans (2010) Clip (7/7)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIZlw1Ou77Y
Another instance where Perseus picks up skills quickly

The Stygian Witches Clash of the Titans (2010) Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8krVqYgKpmI
Perseus shows some quick thinking skills here and well as reflexes at 1:56

Acrisius hit with lightning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7NAQAXdpG8
Just to show how tough he was even when he was normal, he gets hit by lightning and is burned severely, but is still very much alive and then hoists the casket containing the body of his wife and her child over his head and throws it

Perseus get shield:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuYN8zDoPqo
Note that the hunters say the shield is lighter and stronger than any metal (well obviously, any metal would be a no limits fallacy and hyperbole, but it would be safe to assume that it was stronger than any metal available at that time)

Acrisius becomes Calibos
https://vimeo.com/59775948
And Hades empowers him to become far more powerful

Calibos Attacks! Clash of the Titans (2010) Clip (3/7)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1OzplpoaTo
At 0:27 Calibos is shown to be strong enough to literally rip someone in half, and at 1:09 he takes a full force thrust kick from one soldier unharmed without budging and then kicks away the soldier, and at 1:12 easily hold down and restrain a soldier with one hand and at 1:18 shown to crumple his metal helmet with just his fingers
Yet at 0:36 Perseus takes a full force kick from him and rolls down a hill and isn't hurt much, at at 1:26 when his head gets squeezed by him Perseus just glares back

Scorpion Fight Clash of the Titans (2010) Clip (4/7)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoYRkvu_OoU
at 0:27 Calibos takes suprise a full force hit from a sledgehammer that knocks him off his feet and is barely hurt
At 1:19 Perseus blocks a blow from the giant scorpion, smacked at 2:15 and he is literally swallowed at 4;7 but is still fighting
This fight is a good durability showing for everyone who gets smacked around and still alive, let alone conscious, since at the scorpions easily smash through stone structures at 1:30, 2:40, 3:53 and 4:07 and at 2:10 throws a soldier several feet away high into the air

Clash of the Titans (2010) - Perseus and Calibos Fight; Io's Death
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i95sqQS_D0
At 0:15 Calibos easily stabs and hoists up Io and then throws her away easily, casually break Perseus's sword at 0:34 with a flcik of his wrist, punch Perseus shield hard enough to shatter it and send Perseus flying at 0:46
And yet at 0:28 Perseus takes a kick from him and is sent flying and is still fighting, hurt him with a punch at 0:44 (when he's shown to be pretty immune to normal human strength), tanks another punch which breaks his shield and sends him flying (again), shows some nice agility at 0:58, 1:03 and 1:11, hurts Calibos with another kick at 1:06, and hurts him again with a punch at 1:09, sends Calibos flying with a sword swing at 1:14, smacks him with a nice backflip kick at 1:22, before finishing him with the magic sword

Fight scene of Medusa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY8Rp4GOPag
Starting from 1:30, Perseus thoroughly outpaces Medusa who is shown to be pretty fast, and at 2:40 gets caught in the Jinn's suicide explosion but still isn't down, and at 3:46 shows great precision by calculating her movements and slicing her head off with his eyes closed
Draco shows a nice strength feat at 3:08, breaking a massive stalacite larger than him with small knives, making Perseus getting the better of him previously even better

The Kraken - Clash of the Titans (2010)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O35_fg5qFlU
At 1:46 Perseus takes a jump from off Pegasus onto a harpy, and then both fall several hundred feet, trough a glass dome and into a fire pit but Perseus is barely hurt while the harpy is toast
From 2:10 onwards several guys from the mob tries to stop Perseus but he plows through them easily
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2016 07:11 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 03:49 PM
HulkIsHulk

I remember this

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 05:36 AM