KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » How important are speed and reflexes

In the grand scheme of things, how important is speed and reflexes?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Not at all important 1 3.85%
Not very important 1 3.85%
A little important 1 3.85%
Important 3 11.54%
Quite important 7 26.92%
Very important 9 34.62%
The most important asset available 4 15.38%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

How important are speed and reflexes
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

How important are speed and reflexes

Just how much does speed and reflexes effect a match up when compared to things such as power, strength, durability, intellect, versatility, etc?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:16 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

In comics?

Barely ever on a typical day to day basis in fights. I mean even the Flash cruises around at low speeds.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:23 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
In comics?

Barely ever on a typical day to day basis in fights. I mean even the Flash cruises around at low speeds.

How about under forum settings?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:24 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

They are very very useful to have even if they are not used that often.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:30 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

Quite important.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:32 AM
galactusischere is currently offline Click here to Send galactusischere a Private Message Find more posts by galactusischere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Depends on what forum. In "CBR" speed is and will always be everything. But "CBR" is a joke. I post a scan of Thor reacting in microseconds etc. and the argument I get is that it's not valid because Thor was not a blur when it happened. I just lol'd and didn't come back to the board.

At a sight like Herochat, speed matters but characters are in their normal mindset so it depends on how prone a character is on using it.

KMC seems to be somewhere in the middle with the Full Capacity rule.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:57 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Quite Important.

Unfortunately alot of people believe that just because a character has incredible speed BURSTS doesn't mean they can slow down time a do precise things like the Flash.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 03:40 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

It seem that none of those really matter anymore to the extant we take it at KMC.

For example: Thor can be having problem dealing with Wolverine's speed but is able to beat people can move and react at light speed. etc

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 04:04 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Re: How important are speed and reflexes

Just how much does speed and reflexes effect a match up when compared to things such as power, strength, durability, intellect, versatility, etc?
I think in forum settings, its very important

you can have all the power in the world...but what's the use if you can't hit someone

whereas, if you are significantly faster than someone, you can avoid their hits and hit them without getting hit

in comics, speed and reflexes are not nearly as big a factor. but then again, in comics, not being able to fly is also apparently not a big factor seeing the success of hulk against heralds.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 04:21 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by kgkg

For example: Thor can be having problem dealing with Wolverine's speed but is able to beat people can move and react at light speed. etc
thor is slow that's why. his reaction vs wolverine is a true showcase of his lack of superspeed.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 04:24 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

I agree with Kg. At this point, writers most definitely think about telling the story first and foremost.

Originally posted by Starscream M
thor is slow that's why. his reaction vs wolverine is a true showcase of his lack of superspeed.

erm

No his not. If you want I can post multiple instances of Thor showing impressive reflexes.

Consider that maybe, just maybe, the Wolverine fight was just a low showing?

Seriously, worst speed showing I've seen from Thor in the last decade. The last two decades even.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 04:31 AM
Starscream M

No his not. If you want I can post multiple instances of Thor showing impressive reflexes.

Consider that maybe, just maybe, the Wolverine fight was just a low showing?

Seriously, worst speed showing I've seen from Thor in the last decade. The last two decades even.
show me one instance of him doing anything close to blitzing...

even sentry, who barely has 1/10th the appearance of thor, has far more impressive speed showings.

thor is slow compared to the fast herald class.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 04:33 AM
xJLxKing

In comics?

Originally posted by galactusischere
Quite important.

[/thread]

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 04:33 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

even sentry, who barely has 1/10th the appearance of thor, has far more impressive speed showings.

Thor's never blitzed anyone in the typical I leave multiple after image fashion.

Fortunately though, his moved to fast for character's to touch him in the past, or reacted/attacked at extremely fast speeds which is enough.

You won't see anyone argue that Thor will blitz an opponent but you will see someone argue that Thor is not going to be overwhelmed or be defeated by someone like say, Norrin or Clark solely because of their speed.

What's Sentry's best speed feat? From what I can tell, they're all traveling speed feats.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 04:39 AM
Starscream M

Thor's never blitzed anyone in the typical I leave multiple after image fashion.

Fortunately though, his moved to fast for character's to touch him in the past, or reacted/attacked at extremely fast speeds which is enough.

You won't see anyone argue that Thor will blitz an opponent but you will see someone argue that Thor is not going to be overwhelmed or be defeated by someone like say, Norrin or Clark solely because of their speed.

What's Sentry's best speed feat? From what I can tell, they're all traveling speed feats.
listen, just because thor can react to speedy opponents in comics does not mean he can do so on KMC.

he does in comics because speedsters are neutered in comics, flash, superman etc often play down to slower opponents...to make the comic interesting.

just like Hulk in comics handles flying heralds fine...whereas you wouldn't use that to argue he would do so on KMC.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 04:42 AM
darthgoober

It doesn't matter that he hasn't blitzed an opponent, all that matters is whether or not he has shown super speed. And Thor HAS shown super speed on multiple occasions...

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 04:45 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

He chased down Hermes!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 04:46 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

listen, just because thor can react to speedy opponents in comics does not mean he can do so on KMC.

he does in comics because speedsters are neutered in comics, flash, superman etc often play down to slower opponents...to make the comic interesting.

just like Hulk in comics handles flying heralds fine...whereas you wouldn't use that to argue he would do so on KMC.

He reacts to speedy opponents not because the writers somehow gimp his enemies but because he has what's needed to reacted to opponents with super speed; his own super speed. Which on top of his reflexes, means he can handle shit like light speed just fine.

That's why you have him doing shit, like moving too fast for Heimdall to see, fighting at light speed against Skuttlebutt in space, reacting at microsecond speeds etc.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 04:48 AM
Starscream M

Originally posted by darthgoober
It doesn't matter that he hasn't blitzed an opponent, all that matters is whether or not he has shown super speed. And Thor HAS shown super speed on multiple occasions...
is there anyone who hasn't shown superspeed then?

does hulk have superspeed as well?

juggernaut?

If you don't have to showcase offensive superspeed, then I could prob make the case for everyone in comics to have superspeed, as virtually every character has had some impressive reaction speed feat.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 04:56 AM
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

without speed and reflexes you wouldnt be able to move so yes they are important always

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 05:11 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote