KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » your top 5 western movies?

your top 5 western movies?
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

Love your top 5 western movies?

western movies are awesome thumb up

what are your top 5 western movies? smile

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 10:27 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

the good, the bad, and the ugly

hang'em high

high plains drifter

true grit original

true grit remake

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 01:38 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Back to the future pt 3

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 01:51 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Blazing Saddles.
The Villain.
The Lone Ranger TV Series.
Billy The Kid Vs Count Dracula.
Tombstone

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 05:37 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mmogonba2017
Restricted

Account Restricted

And so that came off FIFA Mobile Coins

If asked by a anchorman about Blooming s remarks, Oakley alluded to the bearings with the Los Angeles Clippers, if aloft applicant Donald Sterling was afflicted to advertise the aggregation in 2014 afterwards authoritative ancestral remarks.Green told ESPN he still thinks Dolan and the Knicks admission advised Oakley unfairly. "I anticipation some of the things said about Charles Oakley from James Dolan, from the New York Knicks Cheep handle some of the things said about Oakley was wrong, and FIFA Mobile Coins I still feel that way," Blooming said.

However, I anticipate that was a aberration by Dolan and a aberration by the Knicks, afresh I followed up and fabricated the above mistake. Draymond Green: Knicks applicant had bondservant adept mentality in Charles Oakley argument Jordan Heck "Like I said, I don t apperceive Dolan . I could never say he s a racist or he has a bondservant applicant s mentality. I don t apperceive if he has that. That s just how the bearings looked to me from the alfresco searching in.

And so that came off the amiss way, and it wasn t what I meant by it." Who will be the MVP of the 2017 NBA All Brilliant Game? Which amateur will bandy down the a lot of dunks in the game? Can aloft Oklahoma City-limits Thunder teammates Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook coexist on the above attic as All Brilliant teammates? Will the adventurous concealment the over beneath of 348.5 points? These are some of the bets you can abode for FIFA 18 Coins Sundays .

More cheap coins in mmogo

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 07:56 AM
mmogonba2017 is currently offline Click here to Send mmogonba2017 a Private Message Find more posts by mmogonba2017 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

How has nobody mentioned Magnificent Seven yet?

Uhm, the original.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 04:52 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Unforgiven
Pale Rider
Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)
True Grit (2010)
The Outlaw Josey Wales

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 07:03 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther

Uhm, the original.

no because that is not Seven Samurai big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 07:18 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Dollars Trilogy
Tombstone
Unforgiven

like a bunch of others too

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 08:02 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Tombstone

Silverado

Magnificent Seven

Unforgiven

3:10 to Yuma

Last edited by relentless1 on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 08:37 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 08:31 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
no because that is not Seven Samurai big grin

W. E. S. T. E. R. N. smokin'

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 10:27 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

open range was great

Originally posted by Dreampanther

Uhm, the original.

i really liked magnificent seven 2016, it was fun and entertaining thumb up

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 10:27 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by relentless1
Tombstone

Forgot about Tombstone, damn good movie. As is Bone Tomahawk, another Kurt Russel western.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 11:38 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Honorable mentions:

Young Guns
The Quick and the Dead
Django Unchained
Hateful 8
All Eastwood westerns are good

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 03:23 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Forgot about Tombstone, damn good movie. As is Bone Tomahawk, another Kurt Russel western.

yeah Bone Tomahawk was great too

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 05:47 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

My favourites (not necessarily the best or highest-rated, but Westerns I enjoyed the most) would probably be:

Magnificent Seven (1960)
Unforgiven (1992)
Tombstone (1993)
Desperado (1995)
Hidalgo (2004)

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 09:15 AM
Arachnid1

Hell and High Water (classified as a neo-western)
True Grit (both)
Bonesaw Tomahawk
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

EDIT: I feel like I should have a Tarantino movie and a second Eastwood film in there but I cant bring myself to take any of those out

PWNT

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 05:32 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Can someone explain the appeal of John Wayne movies? To me they are severely corny , boring and old fashioned (not in a good way). The action in his movies isn't good, the drama is boring , etc. His characters dont come off as compelling. Just one dimensional good guy honorable type characters.

I seen a few of his movies. Maybe I have to see more? erm

Wasn't a fan of the new true grit. It was ok but nothing special. (A fan of the actors in it, thats why i saw it)

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 05:39 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Inhuman
His characters dont come off as compelling. Just one dimensional good guy honorable type characters.
Check out The Searchers if you can look past how old it is. He flexed the hell out of his acting abilities there

For me, his westerns come off as complex and realistic period pieces. I like the way he represents the time period, and his characters always come off as believable. Those movies made just about every stereotype that comes to mind when you think of anything Western just like how Treasure Island birthed every modern take of anything having to do with pirates (even though much of it isn't true). The action may not be the greatest, but damn if those movies don't get tense

I can't call myself the biggest fan either though since I've only seen a select few out of his tons but I get the appeal

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Hell and High Water (classified as a neo-western)
True Grit (both)
Bonesaw Tomahawk
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

EDIT: I feel like I should have a Tarantino movie and a second Eastwood film in there but I cant bring myself to take any of those out
Bone Tomahawk btw, not Bonesaw.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Aug 24th, 2017 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 05:47 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Been hearing good things about "The Searchers". Might check it out. Thanks.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 05:49 PM