KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best Old Console Games

Best Old Console Games
Started by: victreebelvictr

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Best Old Console Games

Doesn’t anyone have that one old console that you used to or still do play the old classics?

If this is the case, then what are your favorites?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 04:17 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have old consoles but I don't use them. If I wanna play an old game I just use a rom and an emulator.

Chrono Trigger is a great game. Zelda Ocarina of Time is also great.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 02:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I loved an oldy known as Clash at Demonhead.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 02:05 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Brute Force on Xbox.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 08:53 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger are the two that pop to mind for me immediately. Playing those games when they first came out was a pretty amazing experience, they were both so far ahead of their time, even 11 or 12 year old me knew I was experiencing something incredibly special with each of them.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 09:03 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

What qualifies as an old console, these days?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 08:42 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, a little bit GameCube, PlayStation, Atari, etc.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 08:47 PM
cdtm

Double Dragon III. Best Double Dragon.

I don't care that everyone says different, it had so many improvements. A better combat system, the ability to run, multiple playable characters with their own unique style, one of the most epic ending boss battles in fighting game history,
interesting and varried mobs..

And it was the only game of the NES series I'd label "Nintendo hard".

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 09:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

It sounds like a good one, I am looking it up now! wink

On a scale from 1 to 10, how do you rate the overall difficulty?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 09:27 PM
John Murdoch

Great picks so far.

While not a console game, I'll throw a 20+ year old classic I'm just now playing for the first time courtesy of GOG.com: Dungeon Keeper.

Man is it a really fun, bizarre time.

Last edited by John Murdoch on Sep 24th, 2018 at 02:29 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 02:23 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

The newest of the "old" games I still play every once in a blue moon are

- Star Wars: Battlefront II for Xbox
- GTA: San Andreas, which I originally had it for Xbox back in 2005 - the memories, my my - but got it from PS Store on the cheap back in 2015-2016. When I left it, I had completed all the car heists on the tanker in San Fierro. Just the masterpiece of the open-world gaming genre.

However, through PS Store, I've gotten into some PS-one generation games that I hadn't played in YEARS, specifically Armored Core. I also regularly watch YouTube for reviews and listen to the soundtracks for most all of Squaresoft's NES-PS1 games, specifically FFI-FFIX and, just recently, Parasite Eve. I forgot that how great and beautiful of a game Aya Brea's first adventure in NYC was.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 02:29 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Sounds like you enjoy your oldies!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 02:35 PM
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by John Murdoch
The newest of the "old" games I still play every once in a blue moon are

- Star Wars: Battlefront II for Xbox
- GTA: San Andreas, which I originally had it for Xbox back in 2005 - the memories, my my - but got it from PS Store on the cheap back in 2015-2016. When I left it, I had completed all the car heists on the tanker in San Fierro. Just the masterpiece of the open-world gaming genre.

However, through PS Store, I've gotten into some PS-one generation games that I hadn't played in YEARS, specifically Armored Core. I also regularly watch YouTube for reviews and listen to the soundtracks for most all of Squaresoft's NES-PS1 games, specifically FFI-FFIX and, just recently, Parasite Eve. I forgot that how great and beautiful of a game Aya Brea's first adventure in NYC was.

Armored Core is AWESOME. Owned it since I got a PS2, and got back into it a year or two ago (As part of a general binge that included Final Fantasy 9). Left it on the final stage, with those damned floating cubes you need to platform off.

Also beat arena mode on Project Phantasma a year or two ago. Haven't touched the campaign, but arena made it worth the ten dollars from Electronic Boutique.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 03:25 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Sounds like you enjoy your oldies!

Yes sir: guilty as charged.

Originally posted by cdtm
Armored Core is AWESOME. Owned it since I got a PS2, and got back into it a year or two ago (As part of a general binge that included Final Fantasy 9). Left it on the final stage, with those damned floating cubes you need to platform off.

Also beat arena mode on Project Phantasma a year or two ago. Haven't touched the campaign, but arena made it worth the ten dollars from Electronic Boutique.

If I had ever heard of Project Phantasma, it's been years, but your post caused me to read up on it. That arena mode sounds like a lot of fun.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 05:03 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by cdtm
Double Dragon III. Best Double Dragon.

I don't care that everyone says different, it had so many improvements. A better combat system, the ability to run, multiple playable characters with their own unique style, one of the most epic ending boss battles in fighting game history,
interesting and varried mobs..

And it was the only game of the NES series I'd label "Nintendo hard".

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who enjoys the sh_t out of that game.

Breath of Fire 2 was a game that I'm really fond to, I like that it has a fishing system, that each character has specific uses and great visual design + there are fusions. Another RPG goodie is Radiant Historia, really fun and immersive concept with a battle system that brings both classic elements and some variety to it.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 06:56 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Gauntlet II was one of my faves on the NES.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 12:42 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Jman, long time no see!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 12:43 AM