KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Stardust Crusaders

Stardust Crusaders
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Stardust Crusaders

Just finished the anime. Amazing series with kind of a "meh" ending.

Shouldn't Joseph have [SPOILER - highlight to read]: turned into a vampire after the Dio transfusion, just like Vanilla Ice did? Of course, they should have let him rest in peace instead of resurrecting him as a souless abomination who's soul surely passed on to the afterlife, but I digress.. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Jul 17th, 2017 at 04:34 AM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2017 04:25 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

agreed. Ending was like "wut"

I didnt like Jotaro at all, but I still watched the entire thing. It had this classic RPG adventure feel. Plus Dio and Joseph(Best JoJo ever)

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 17th, 2017 07:27 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Jotaro is great. Sure, he is no Joseph but still…

Anyway, Stardust Crusaders is excellent. One of my favorite animes. It’s just so damn fun.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2017 07:03 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Jotaro was dull and boring AF imo. Joseph and Co. carried him throughout the entire show.

That said he got better in part 4. Maybe because he wasn't in the spotlight.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2017 08:07 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yare yare daze.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2017 08:09 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

xDDD

I imagined myself getting ORA ORA ORA'D

Old Post Jul 17th, 2017 08:25 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Re: Stardust Crusaders

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Just finished the anime. Amazing series with kind of a "meh" ending.

Shouldn't Joseph have [SPOILER - highlight to read]: turned into a vampire after the Dio transfusion, just like Vanilla Ice did? Of course, they should have let him rest in peace instead of resurrecting him as a souless abomination who's soul surely passed on to the afterlife, but I digress.. smile

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Joseph's body would have still had hamon energy in it, which would have instantly purged whatever vampire taint DIO's blood brought.

Howdy!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2017 06:54 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Stardust Crusaders, of the Parts I've watched, is easily the worst Part with the worst main character (well, worst Jojo, the writer seemed to realize this and proceeded to make Polnareff the main character), and had easily the most underwhelming final fight up to at least Part 4 which is where I've left off. Jotaro vs. DIO was actual dog shit.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2017 02:55 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Gotta agree with Polnareff getting a whole lot of love.

Final fight was...weird. I only liked when Jotaro was forced to play dead. Until that moment it felt like Jotaro was just Gary Stu Joestar

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2017 06:26 AM
NemeBro

I really like the part where knives thrown by The World were blocked by magazines.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2017 11:23 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Far ad I'm concerned, the penultimate boss battle was the real apex of the show.

You had two main characters bite it, and Cream was legit scary, much more so then The World.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2017 11:46 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

You guys seen part 4?

I had to force myself to watch it. It got good to me near the end. When the real bad guy was finally revealed.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 09:06 PM
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

I just need to rant about JoJo here for a bit, Part 7 is my favorite overall cause the Wild West type setting, and my favorite adaption to the series outside of the anime is probably the fact the author himself wrote the story for the new JoJo game released (as I ranted about here)

Originally posted by Yamcha
I love JoJo, but the author definitely enjoys his bizarre stands that make you question WTF is actually going on. For example in the game that was recently released that the author actually wrote the story for, the main antagonist is a Dio from a universe where he killed all the Joestars (Heaven Ascension Dio/The World Over Heaven), then when he collects all the parts of Jesus it boosts his power even more so when he already has the ability to OVERWRITE REALITY so he can rewrite whatever he wants, screw with souls, resurrect the dead, infinite time stop, etc etc,...He even nullifies GER's ability along with Tusk Act 4's ability (Another pretty crazy stand from Part 7) when they attack him because why not? Shit's insane.

(please log in to view the image)

Man JoJo is great. I love how dumb it can sound explaining it to someone who has no idea what a JoJo is, it makes it all the better lol.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 12:16 AM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

Also to keep on topic of Part 3, which Iggy do you think got it worse? The new version or the old adaption? The new one where Vanilla Ice kicks him to death is pretty brutal, but in the old version he got cut in half and kicked to the side, but even though he got cut in half it didn't seem like he had to suffer like the new version where he's kicked to death.

Uh uh uh, here's more Part 3 related stuff! It was in my recommended videos, you guys can have it too since you're my best friends big grin

Last edited by Yamcha on Aug 5th, 2017 at 12:32 AM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 12:28 AM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

Last thing I promise since I'll be gone for a few days anywho, someone finally uploaded the English version of this scene from the game and this is the first meeting with that Dio I was talking about before he gets all the corpse parts so at least all that mumbo jumbo makes a bit more sense lol.

Sorry guys, I get a bit carried away sometimes when it comes to ranting about JoJo.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 02:12 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Zack Fair
You guys seen part 4?

I had to force myself to watch it. It got good to me near the end. When the real bad guy was finally revealed.

It seems to have a ton of fans, but I felt the exact same way.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 03:16 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Part 4 is good, it's just different from the other parts because it's basically a slice of life anime except with murderers.

Howdy!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 04:20 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Why is a marine biologist chasing after Stands?

Why would Jotaro even become a marine biologist? How? He was a delinquint who's been in prison.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 06:11 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

He likes dolphins.

Howdy!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 01:34 AM
cdtm

So was Joseph robbing the cradle, or is Josuke's mom just way older then she looks? laughing

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 01:51 AM