KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Last Action Hero, was it awesome or bad?

Last Action Hero, was it awesome or bad?
Started by: Slowpoke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Slowpoke

Last Action Hero, was it awesome or bad?

I really enjoyed that movie when I watched it, a lot of funny stuff and cool cameos. Awesome performance from all the actors. Why did it receive bad reception at that time?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 02:27 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Guess it just wasnt what ppl were wanting.
Personally i liked it a lot.

This is a pretty decent article on why it didnt do well if you havent read it already...

https://www.google.com/amp/film.avc...-1798241845/amp

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 03:43 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

it was bad in an awesome way, plus you can't go wrong with ol Charlie Dance as your villain

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 05:28 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

I really love Gandalf playing Death, and the cameo of T-1000.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 05:30 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

It was Awesomely Bad...but in a good way! I thought it was great but it did have the misfortune of coming out at the same time as Jurassic Park. Even Arnie wasn't a big enough star to take on that one....and I seem to recall that it got a Lot of Hate dumped on it before it came out.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 06:43 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by relentless1
it was bad in an awesome way, plus you can't go wrong with ol Charlie Dance as your villain

That movie had some fun meta fiction going on.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 10:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

haven't seen it since i was a kid, but i remember loving it.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 11:08 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^I've come to enjoy it even more over the years, really.
I'm a lot more genre savvy now, so i catch things i missed as a pre-internet era 25 year old. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 11:15 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

it was shit

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 10:08 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Talon Fang
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked it. It was just Good Popcorn Fun.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 11:16 PM
Talon Fang is currently offline Click here to Send Talon Fang a Private Message Find more posts by Talon Fang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Almost as good as True Lies

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 11:06 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 11:23 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Last Action Hero was so terrible, it was awesome.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 12:16 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Don't give s":t about it's quality loved it

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 06:03 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The kid in this movie was way more fun then the 2 dorks in the Jurassic Park movie.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 06:46 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Don't give s":t about it's quality loved it

Quality shmality!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 09:16 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Slowpoke
I really enjoyed that movie when I watched it, a lot of funny stuff and cool cameos. Awesome performance from all the actors. Why did it receive bad reception at that time?

An "awesome" performance by the actors? Lol...which ones? Don't get me wrong, the movie came out when I was like 7 or 8, so I did think it was awesome. But mostly it was the premise, oh shit this kid jumped into an action movie. An awful awful action movie, but still.

I honestly do not feel Arnold is a good actor 99.99% of the time. He is a good action star, but that isn't the same as being a good actor. His acting itself varies from horrible to passable, at best. His acting is such that pretty much unless he is portraying an emotionless robot it just doesn't seem authentic.

Think of the really good movies he is in that aren't Terminator. Total Recall is awesome, but you rarely hear people say it is because Arnold acted the shit out of that movie.

It's almost like his being a good action star is good and bad, since it is directly because of his success in that arena that people legit thought "hey, a movie where Arnold becomes pregnant is a thing that can be a thing".

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 5th, 2017 at 01:50 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 01:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: Last Action Hero, was it awesome or bad?

Originally posted by Slowpoke

Movie was fun.

Critics wouldn't know fun if it stripped down to a thong and gave them a lap dance.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 02:08 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Just re-watched this again last nite. Real Fun Movie.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 03:15 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just wonder what happened to the little kid from the movie? I remember he was in the sequel to My Girl. Then...I dunno, where he at?

Its gonna be awkward if he ended up killing himself like the kid from IT.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote