KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism?

Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism?

We must save our children from foolish belief in the supernatural.

Education is the only tool that we have to drag ourselves and our children out of ignorance and superstition and that education should include that it is foolish to read myth literally. No more Dark Ages should be allowed.

Comparative Religion should be taught to insure that no child is lost to creationist intellectual dissonance. We must expose our children to Comparative Religion as soon as they can understand Evolution which would be taught alongside of it.

To do less would be shirking our duty to our children and their young minds. If you do not supports this type of all-inclusive education, please show why you oppose it?

Remember that when President Bush backed up stem cell research, it gave other countries a chance to advance away from the U.S. and hurt the U.S economy.

If the U.S. fails to educate it’s children properly in Comparative Religion and Evolution --- and the various sciences that stem from it, --- the U.S. will shrink it’s economy and power as compared to those countries who have a fuller and more intelligent education program.

Do you agree that it is the duty of the U.S. education system to maintain a first world standard of education in the teaching of Creationism, Comparative Religion and Evolution, --- and catch up to more intelligent countries?

Regards
DL

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 07:43 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Maybe some of us want the US to dwell in the dark ages shifty

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 07:51 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

We have other threads for creationism and evolution. This is also a bit US-centric. Which, I get it, you focus on what you know. But the fear of the US falling behind in education isn't necessarily going to galvanize the comparatively multicultural KMC masses like you might think.

This is probably your most coherent thread in a while, in that most of your others are strawmen that misrepresent entire religions, or all but the most niche interpretations of them, and therefore miss any potential target audience. But this also doesn't tread new ground in the educational debate. However, to throw you a bone, sure, a more international approach to education, in both this and other areas, would undoubtedly be beneficial in most cases.

Last edited by Digi on Dec 1st, 2014 at 08:48 PM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 08:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, continue to promote the ridiculous notion that there is no god or devil. I'm sure that'll fix everything. LOL... NOT. So many people like you having no belief in a divine creator is one of the things that's wrong with this once-great nation. I'd much rather make sure our children are protected from the influence of ignorant atheists who think the universe just "happened" accidentally from an explosion of absolutely nothing.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Dec 1st, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 11:28 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Star428
Yeah, continue to promote the ridiculous notion that there is no god or devil. I'm sure that'll fix everything. LOL... NOT. So many people like you having no belief in a divine creator is one of the things that's wrong with this once-great nation. I'd much rather make sure our children are protected from the influence of ignorant atheists who think the universe just "happened" accidentally from an explosion of absolutely nothing.

The universe didn't happen by accident and it did not come from nothing. However, that doesn't mean it was crated my mythological beings.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 11:45 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I won't resort to insults, and there's little value in conversing if we start off on that foot. To be clear, however, I only mentioned that a more worldly approach to some matters would be beneficial. Xenophobia and ignorance, whether religiously motivated or otherwise, is a far greater potential evil than any implications of either side of the creation/evolution debate. For example, I'm much more concerned with your tone toward atheists than I am with our disagreement on evolution. The latter is an academic matter; the former is an approach mired in negativity, a personal grievance instead of merely an intellectual one.

I'd also point out that the US remains one of the most stridently religious nations in the world. If it is "once great," the decline has little to do with a decline in religiosity. Atheism represents somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-3% of the total population; hardly the critical mass needed to do much of anything.

Last edited by Digi on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 12:04 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Digi
I won't resort to insults, and there's little value in conversing if we start off on that foot. To be clear, however, I only mentioned that a more worldly approach to some matters would be beneficial. Xenophobia and ignorance, whether religiously motivated or otherwise, is a far greater potential evil than any implications of either side of the creation/evolution debate. For example, I'm much more concerned with your tone toward atheists than I am with our disagreement on evolution. The latter is an academic matter; the former is an approach mired in negativity, a personal grievance instead of merely an intellectual one.

I'd also point out that the US remains one of the most stridently religious nations in the world. If it is "once great," the decline has little to do with a decline in religiosity. Atheism represents somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-3% of the total population; hardly the critical mass needed to do much of anything.

If a person gets upset when people tell him that Satan doesn't exist, does that make him a Satan worshiper? wink

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 01:43 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

We have other threads for creationism and evolution. This is also a bit US-centric. Which, I get it, you focus on what you know. But the fear of the US falling behind in education isn't necessarily going to galvanize the comparatively multicultural KMC masses like you might think.

This is probably your most coherent thread in a while, in that most of your others are strawmen that misrepresent entire religions, or all but the most niche interpretations of them, and therefore miss any potential target audience. But this also doesn't tread new ground in the educational debate. However, to throw you a bone, sure, a more international approach to education, in both this and other areas, would undoubtedly be beneficial in most cases.
How are you going to teach kids how to utilize technologies and scientific theories that don't even exist yet?

That's what schools are trying to do basically, as soon as they get that degree, before even, they've learned a bunch of shit that just became obsolete a year ago.

Foolish schools, all education is good for is indoctrination.

How about, we use atomics to annihilate every school structure to atoms and then let everyone learn whatever in the name of **** they want to learn without a degree?

Do you agree, idc, you agree whether or not you agree with my way my way my way. smile

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 01:50 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

I won't resort to insults ...

Is this some new resolution of yours, or are you a different Digi than the one that sent me messages laden with them this summer?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 02:23 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Is this some new resolution of yours, or are you a different Digi than the one that sent me messages laden with them this summer?

Neither, of course. But don't talk to me. I'm well aware that's it's near impossible for you to avoid a chance to expose what you've always seen as some great hypocrisy in my words. But your obsession with it, in the past at least, bordered on the unhealthy. Let it drop. I have no desire to justify anything I say to you, and there's no sense in rehashing any of our discussion.

Last edited by Digi on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 02:32 AM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 02:30 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Digi may God Bless you.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 02:32 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I do believe it would be beneficial for schools to teach at least the basics of contemporary religions. Not as fact of course, but rather in taught in a similar vein as mythology. It is ironic, I think, that we learn about a few ancient religions in school but many people are left completely ignorant of religions such as Islam or Hinduism. Hell, I'd expect that more people in the US know who Zeus is than Allah. It seems that much of the religious bigotry in the US is due to ignorance of other religions and teaching the basics of all the major religions to kids in schools would be quite a beneficial step.

Last edited by ares834 on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 03:06 AM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 03:02 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by bluewaterrider

Blue, go check my cleromancy thread.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 06:09 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just want to clarify that my previous post was primarily directed at the deceiful talking snake who continues to spread his lies. I should've made it clear by quoting him. Replying right after Digi like I did might give the impression that I was referring to him in my previous post but I really wasn't. Sorry if I offended you, Digi.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 10:03 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

I just want to clarify that my previous post was primarily directed at the deceitful talking snake who continues to spread his lies. I should've made it clear by quoting him. Replying right after Digi like I did might give the impression that I was referring to him in my previous post but I really wasn't. Sorry if I offended you, Digi.

What exactly distinguishes Digi from any other atheist being targeted in your post, quoted below?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 11:00 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because the OP (not Diji) is the one who continues to talk trash about God. I mean, just look at all the disrespect threads to God he's made to get an idea of why I don't like him. I called atheists "ignorant" in that post but I really didn't mean to call all atheists that. I was mainly just upset with his continual trash talking about God.

Last edited by Star428 on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 11:30 AM
Bentley
Seitei

I did not know the OP was an atheist. Never stroke me as one.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 02:09 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL. That's a joke, right? Apparently you haven't read very many of his posts.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 03:32 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I don't think he is either, though I could be wrong.

Also, thanks for the apology. It's not about taking offense so much - this is the internet, and I've been here a long time - but more about being unable to discuss much in such an initially caustic environment.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 04:10 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

LOL. That's a joke, right? Apparently you haven't read very many of his posts.

Typical Christian! roll eyes (sarcastic) 'Greatest I am' is a Gnostic, not an atheist. He believes differently then you do. To call him an atheist is like calling an Islamist and atheist.

Why do you have to be so hateful? Where is this love that is supposed to be in your religion? Do you reserve it only for those who agree with you?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 04:20 PM