KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Tokyo Ghoul

Tokyo Ghoul
Started by: draxx_tOfU

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Tokyo Ghoul

Is anybody else reading this? It's pretty decent. It's like a mix of Fate Zero and Death Note with an air of Durarara.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 05:11 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

I agree with your assessment of Tokyo Ghoul, it does feel like mix of those shows.

I am a anime watcher only. Currently waiting for the season 2 to be release on BD, because I can't stand censorship.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 05:48 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

BD?

Also, I thought you read the Fairy Tail manga. (You told me how far behind I was.)

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 05:56 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sacred 117
BD?

Also, I thought you read the Fairy Tail manga. (You told me how far behind I was.)
I meant only for Tokyo Ghoul.

BD = Bluray disc

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 08:43 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Anyone still reading this?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 12:52 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Yep; up to date with part of the series (Tokyo Ghoul Re). It's a hell of a read; rife with a shit ton of foreshadowing, plot twists and symbolism.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 12:04 AM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Nimura Furuta <3

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 02:42 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Mhm, that guy. He sure gets around now.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 05:37 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

So we're back to a white haired Kaneki. I guess the progression thus far has been:

Black-->White-->Multicolored-->Black-->White

God, this reminds me of Revan. Anyhow, what the hell even happened this chapter? I'm trying to read the panels of the fight, but I can't see what's going on at all. What does OWL even do?

Old Post May 8th, 2016 06:04 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Iirc, following the fight with Tsukiyama, his hair turns blood red due to the blood that seeped into it. It only looks black later due to other reasons before reverting back to white.

Yeah, that's sometimes how it tends to go with fight scenes in the TG series. The OWL was in the compactor and transformed into what we saw in the beginning of the chapter to bust it all up. Then she killed those mooks up on the upper levels.

Old Post May 12th, 2016 07:53 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

By OWL I meant Arima's new Quinque.

Also, Washuu=OEK confirmed tbh.

Old Post May 14th, 2016 03:51 PM
danteiscool

Ah that. My bad. Hmm, honestly don't know other than that it is pretty OP even when compared to his other weaponry.

Maybe. Ishida (the author) can play mindgames on his audience pretty well so let's wait a while longer.

Old Post May 15th, 2016 11:47 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Like, it detached, something weird happened, then he said activate, then suddenly Kaneki got stabbed from below, rinse and repeat, and... I don't get it at all lol.

Old Post May 16th, 2016 01:29 AM
danteiscool

Must have been quite the odd ghoul he got it made from then.

Old Post May 17th, 2016 04:01 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Just gonna say, yikes.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 12:38 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Ayyyyyy King Kaneki coming in clutch! If Hinami still dies after this I swear to god...

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 03:44 PM