KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Marvel VERSUS ???????

Which Franchise Has Marvel Damaged The Most
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thor Odinson has Been Destroyed The Most 5 71.43%
The X-Men Have been destroyed The Most 1 14.29%
Captain America Has been destroyed The Most 1 14.29%
DOOM Has Been Destroyed The Most 0 0%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marvel VERSUS ???????
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

Marvel VERSUS ???????

Marvel has waged war against the following franchises.

Which have they done best at destroying?

1. Thor- The House Of El HIGHLY approves of Marvel's treatment of The Odinson.

2. The X-Men- The Mutants are the bastard outcasts of The Mouse.

3. Captain America- Steve Rogers, the FACE of America is really a filthy Nazi!

4. DOOM- DOOM is now an emo metrosexual.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 11:20 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Thor, easily.

X-Men are shoved aside, Thor's mythos is actually being destroyed.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 12:19 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I was tempted to try and argue that making Cyclops the next Magneto (among other things with other characters) put him and the other mutants in with a shout, but nah. Poor Thor.

I'm almost glad they buried X-Men these last few years.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 12:26 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Thor has been the most heavily damaged imo. They are hopefully gearing up for a nice come back though.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 12:58 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Thor has been the most heavily damaged imo. They are hopefully gearing up for a nice come back though.

thumb up

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 08:42 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Unless he stops being a cis-white male i dont think so.

Maybe they'll have him come out the closet and give him a crush on sam wilson or t'challa or something.

You might see Thor's best ever feats then. confused

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 09:05 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Thor is being reinvented.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 10:43 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Thor is being reinvented.

Please elaborate.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 02:31 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

They took an established character, one of Marvel's golden boys, and tore him to pieces to make a character no one EVER asked for shine. Then when he's confronted with legit criticism over it, Jason Aaron takes those words as "noise" as he continues to spit on his legacy.

Is this the only time Thor has lost his hammer? Obviously not. This is however the only time Thor has had his history so altered he's become basically a different character. These past few years have been the most atrocious and perverse treatment of the character in his history. And we survived 2012-2013 Thor, where he was getting laid out by random aliens with guns.

And it isn't even temporary. There's no fixing this.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:00 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Jason Aaron is the worst thing to happen to Thor, ever.

The God Butcher arc shit means nothing now. I'd rather it not have existed than for the character to be where he is now.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:04 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Damborgson
They took an established character, one of Marvel's golden boys, and tore him to pieces to make a character no one EVER asked for shine. Then when he's confronted with legit criticism over it, Jason Aaron takes those words as "noise" as he continues to spit on his legacy.

Is this the only time Thor has lost his hammer? Obviously not. This is however the only time Thor has had his history so altered he's become basically a different character. These past few years have been the most atrocious and perverse treatment of the character in his history. And we survived 2012-2013 Thor, where he was getting laid out by random aliens with guns.

And it isn't even temporary. There's no fixing this.

IT CAN ALL END WITH JUST ONE MERE GESTURE!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:05 AM
Badabing
Karen

You do not speak for The House of El. I rule that house.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:14 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

They took an established character, one of Marvel's golden boys, and tore him to pieces to make a character no one EVER asked for shine. Then when he's confronted with legit criticism over it, Jason Aaron takes those words as "noise" as he continues to spit on his legacy

This is the worst part, Aaron is so delusional that he actually thinks most people like this bullshit, he writes off real fans giving him real criticism. Either that, or he knows what he's doing, and is basically just doing it for spite at this point.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:26 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Badabing
You do not speak for The House of El. I rule that house.

YOU RULE NOTHING YOU DISEASED CALZONE!!!!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:59 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
IT CAN ALL END WITH JUST ONE MERE GESTURE!!!!

Don't you understand? I can't!

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 03:59 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Please elaborate.

Imo hes being reinvented. Aarons goal was to strip him of everything that mde him a god. Including his name. The charcter we see now is the rough draft of what Odinson is to become.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 04:09 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Imo hes being reinvented. Aarons goal was to strip him of everything that mde him a god. Including his name. The charcter we see now is the rough draft of what Odinson is to become.

What's the point of doing this though? I get character evolution but there's no point in completely changing a characters entire mythos. You may as well just make a new one at this point.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 04:12 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Don't you understand? I can't!

YOU CAN!!!

THE ODINSON IS DEAD!!!!

LIVE WITH IT!!!!!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 04:25 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
What's the point of doing this though? I get character evolution but there's no point in completely changing a characters entire mythos. You may as well just make a new one at this point.

Thor hasnt exoerienced anything THIS dramatic is my only guess. Maybe hes trying to do a Thor deconstructed type arc...i dont know. What i do know is..is that the Thor we knew was not going to be the one to change into the one we saw during the gorr arc. That Thor seemed broken and like someone already mentioned..he did mention Foster. We just need to be patient i suppose.

Those myths were all about tragedy and personal loss...if u think about Odinson/Herc those guys went thru some shit (moreso Herc than Thor). Aaron looks to be trying to capitalize on some shakespearean level angst and trsgedy. I mean they got rid if Ragnarok..broke that cycle so this is the next big thing...just subtler.

So Odinson has to go fron one extreme (loss of arrn,title, hammer and eye) to another (a being that rivals galactus) ...

Simple really

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 04:38 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

YOU CAN!!!

THE ODINSON IS DEAD!!!!

LIVE WITH IT!!!!!

Not while I'm here to breathe life into him!

-shamelessly advertises own content-

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 04:50 AM