KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Dooku a Force Accumulator?

Can Dooku fully replenish his Force reserves with a moment of concentration?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 3 50.00%
No 3 50.00%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dooku a Force Accumulator?
Started by: UCanShootMyNova

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

Dooku a Force Accumulator?

(please log in to view the image)

Was Dooku replenishing every bit of Force energy he'd used up in his fight with Anakin in the RotS novel or was he simply sustaining himself with the Force? I'll leave it to you KMC.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:47 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

... the ****? You mean, like, was Dooku replenishing every lost energy with a gain? LMFAO, no.

In a particular instance though (after downing Obi-Wan), he did replenish himself close-to-fully though. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:49 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

*Sniff* *Sniff*

Do you smell that?

It smells like desperation.

smile

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:51 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
*Sniff* *Sniff*

Do you smell that?

It smells like desperation.

smile

You misreading my argument to the point you make a thread complaining about it is now my desperation?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:52 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Oh, so you're backtracking now? Dooku only replenished himself "close to fully?"

We can make another thread if you don't like this one's outcome. smile

I'm always willing to accommodate those special snowflakes.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:53 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I never defined a limit on the amount Dooku replenished his resources, just that he did replenish his resources, rofl.

I don't know how much he did it, but clearly enough for your exhaustion argument to be irrelevant.

This is getting obsessive and cringy at this point, Syn.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:54 AM
UCanShootMyNova

What the hell is your evidence for Force user's being able to "replenish their resources" within a moment's notice to the point that any energy loss is negligible?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:58 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I don't even think they can - but you literally used specifically Dooku and his reserves within the ROTS novel, which exactly has Dooku replenishing his resources at a moment's notice.

In other words, you shot yourself in the foot. And with this whole thread thing, you shot yourself in the head.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:59 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I don't even think they can

I never defined a limit on the amount Dooku replenished his resources, just that he did replenish his resources, rofl.

I don't know how much he did it, but clearly enough for your exhaustion argument to be irrelevant.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:06 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

FFS Syndicate.

You used the ROTS novel, particularly it's statements on Dooku and his reserves, as evidence against the prospect of Mace being healthy.

I turned it around and said the ROTS novel, aka what you said you would be using, literally has Dooku instantly replenishing his reserves.

I never said that was my personal take on the matter. I said that's what the ROTS novel says - which you were using.

Follow yet? Or do you have to make a couple more poll threads to catch my drift?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:07 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Ant. You are literally saying you believe a Mace/Dooku level Force user can replenish their energy when they're near empty to near peak levels to the point that whatever gap exists between those replenished levels and their peak it is negligible.

Is that not the case? Am I misunderstanding what you're saying in some way?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:11 AM
UCanShootMyNova

I never said that was my personal take on the matter. I said that's what the ROTS novel says - which you were using.

That's not what it says though... That's your interpretation of what it says. 0_0

And THAT'S THE POINT.

I think such an interpretation is utterly idiotic. And I am having the KMC populace vote on whether they think it is or isn't themselves.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:13 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith adult novelization, written by Matthew Stover, indeed states what you're saying.

You, as in Syndicate, were using Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith adult novelization to justify certain stances on the Force.

I, as DarthAnt66, noted that the Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith adult novelization has a passage, which is the one in question, directly destroying your argument.

You, as in Syndicate, took this as an outrageous offense that I could believe such a thing.

I, as DarthAnt66, do not, but pointed out the Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith adult novelization, which you were using, does.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:15 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Ant. I view your interpretation of the quote as retarded. That's the long and short of it. These threads are just to see whether KMC agrees or not.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:16 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No, your two polls were completely different.

Your first poll argued I alleged Dooku was constantly replenishing his resources: false.

Your second poll argued I believe Dooku can instantly replenish his resources: false.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:16 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Also, whats with you and polls now? Every time you disagree with me, rather than debate it, you run to the polls.

And then when you create the polls, you don't even provide relevant information.

How about we debate it first so you can see what I'm getting at. erm

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:17 AM
UCanShootMyNova

No. The first poll alleged that you believed Dooku fully replenished his energy after saying Dooku had "reset" himself.

Reset meaning to set back to its former state.

You backtracked so the second thread I made asked whether or not Mace/Dooku level Force user's can replenish their depleted energy levels back to nearly full as you outright stated. I have the screen shots as well so it's too late to edit now.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:19 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Also, whats with you and polls now? Every time you disagree with me, rather than debate it, you run to the polls.

Something I learned from you. smile

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:20 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No. The first poll alleged that you believed Dooku fully replenished his energy after saying Dooku had "reset" himself.

Reset meaning to set back to its former state.

You backtracked so the second thread I made asked whether or not Mace/Dooku level Force user's can replenish their depleted energy levels back to nearly full as you outright stated. I have the screen shots as well so it's too late to edit now.

Syn, no offense, but at this point you're being really ****ing annoying and outright retarded.

No, the first poll did not state that in the original opening, nor did I ever backtrack from that stance.

Your second version of the thread is the same as before, unless you're making the distinction be from "fully" to "nearly."

If so, I checked all my posts and found nothing states "fully." You, once again, read me wrong.

FWI, whatever you took for "fully" or "nearly fully" was just casual writing on my part. I wasn't trying to slip in a secret concession, it was just indifferent to the matter.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 27th, 2017 at 05:24 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:22 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Something I learned from you. smile

I've done it one time with Kbro after a lengthy debate just to express the point that he was literally alone in his sentiment.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:22 AM