KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Did Islam take a wrong turn?

Did Islam take a wrong turn?
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Did Islam take a wrong turn?

http://nation.com.pk/blogs/22-Feb-2...ke-a-wrong-turn

Basically, the article discusses the competing philosophers of two influential Muslim philosophers, and how Ibn Rushd's rationalist views were ignored by Al Ghazali's sharia beliefs, and how that effected the secular development of both Islam and Christian Europe. I thought this would be a good article for those wondering why Islam is so dogmatic.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 02:25 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorne
Restricted

Account Restricted

it took a wrong turn by being a fake religion

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 04:21 PM
Thorne is currently offline Click here to Send Thorne a Private Message Find more posts by Thorne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Did this thread get posted in the wrong forum?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 06:57 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does it matter?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 07:14 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Yeah, and at Albuquerque no less.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 07:23 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I am sure these days many decent Muslim men and women often wonder why countries with Muslim majority are so backwards technologically, militarily and politically compared with the nations of West?"

Maybe Allah has an explanation. What could it be about this religion that makes it so backwards?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 08:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

This is a good question. Ignore the haters. I haven't read the article yet but I will. But it also reminded me of this video.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 08:41 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorne
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
What could it be about this religion that makes it so backwards?

maybe because its based on a twisted view of the bible

and ishmael and all his descendants are jealous of the jews

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 09:17 PM
Thorne is currently offline Click here to Send Thorne a Private Message Find more posts by Thorne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The "wrong turn" was the creation of Islam.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 10:56 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Thorne
it took a wrong turn by being a fake religion

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 10:24 AM
YousufKhan1212 is currently offline Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Islam is resistant to reform because sharia is so intertwined with politics and the state.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 12:24 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Islam is resistant to reform because sharia is so intertwined with politics and the state.

Lies and nonsense. No doubt this upstanding Muslim citizen that beheaded someone a few years ago can be reformed.

Police reveal what Muslim man said after beheading co-worker in Oklahoma

You know what I feel would help him reform? A firing squad.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 12:28 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

^ Shit like that is going to make liberals even more afraid of admitting the connection between behavior like this and Islamic teachings. Because the guy said he thought he was being oppressed.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 12:43 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
This is a good question. Ignore the haters. I haven't read the article yet but I will. But it also reminded me of this video.

Anyone who thinks that Islam is entirely barbaric should research the Golden Age of Islam. Modern medicine, hospitals, mathematics, education, politics, philosophy, architecture; the Golden Age of Islam was an incredibly important and influential part of human history. Sick people got treatment regardless of class, gender or religion, religious freedom was permitted, anyone could attend university so long as they could support themselves through their studies. In fact, the oldest university in the world that still hands out degrees is from the GAoI, in Morocco, I believe (might be wrong there).

Then that ****er Genghis Khan came in, sacked Baghdad, destroyed the complex political systems in place, and from there rose the prevalent form of Islam found in the middle east today, which came from the literalist and fundamentalist side of Islam.

So basically, if you want someone to blame for Islamic terrorism, blame Genghis.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 12:46 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ Shit like that is going to make liberals even more afraid of admitting the connection between behavior like this and Islamic teachings. Because the guy said he thought he was being oppressed.

Which is always strange given that in a lot of muslim countries females are way way more oppressed lol. They mutilate genitals and f*ck them as children. But meh, evil white people.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 12:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble
Anyone who thinks that Islam is entirely barbaric should research the Golden Age of Islam. Modern medicine, hospitals, mathematics, education, politics, philosophy, architecture; the Golden Age of Islam was an incredibly important and influential part of human history. Sick people got treatment regardless of class, gender or religion, religious freedom was permitted, anyone could attend university so long as they could support themselves through their studies. In fact, the oldest university in the world that still hands out degrees is from the GAoI, in Morocco, I believe (might be wrong there).

Then that ****er Genghis Khan came in, sacked Baghdad, destroyed the complex political systems in place, and from there rose the prevalent form of Islam found in the middle east today, which came from the literalist and fundamentalist side of Islam.

So basically, if you want someone to blame for Islamic terrorism, blame Genghis.

Next time London gets attacked I will be sure to shake my fist in the general direction of Genghis Khans ghost. If you and I both do it...it will send an even stronger message.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 12:50 PM
Thorne
Restricted

Account Restricted

dude theyre doing that shit in this country now and libs say ****ing nothing

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 12:51 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Thorne
dude theyre doing that shit in this country now and libs say ****ing nothing

This is a lie. They don't say nothing. They just say it's workplace violence.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 12:51 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Which is always strange given that in a lot of muslim countries females are way way more oppressed lol. They mutilate genitals and f*ck them as children. But meh, evil white people.

Yeah. sad

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 12:53 PM
Scribble

Next time London gets attacked I will be sure to shake my fist in the general direction of Genghis Khans ghost. If you and I both do it...it will send an even stronger message.
Well, I mean this was in the 13th Century, so maybe we can cut Genghis a tiny bit of slack. Maybe. He was a shifty **** though.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 12:53 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote