KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Choose one armor, Destroyer Vs Iron Man

Choose one armor, Destroyer Vs Iron Man
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Choose one armor, Destroyer Vs Iron Man

Destroyer cannot fly but can use rainbow bridge for transport.

1. For DCEU
2. For MCU
3. For RL

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:26 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Does the IM armor come with the Jarvis AI?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:30 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Yes

Last edited by Braniac 5.0 on Sep 27th, 2017 at 07:41 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:36 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

IM. It's weaker but a whole lot more fun. Lumbering around in slow ass Destroyer armor and blasting a laser here and there sounds god awful and boring.

Then again, I'm not an engineering genius like Stark. I wouldn't be able to maintain the upkeep of the armor, unless I had jarvis to walk me through everything. The Destroyer armor is self repairing so that would probably last me longer. It boils down to SMs question above.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:36 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

By the way you are wearing the destroyer armor

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:37 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

I changed my mind, Yes.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:41 PM
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Yes

Then I'll take the IM, far more useful

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:55 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Arachnid1
IM. It's weaker but a whole lot more fun. Lumbering around in slow ass Destroyer armor and blasting a laser here and there sounds god awful and boring.

Then again, I'm not an engineering genius like Stark. I wouldn't be able to maintain the upkeep of the armor, unless I had jarvis to walk me through everything. The Destroyer armor is self repairing so that would probably last me longer. It boils down to SMs question above.

There is no evidence the armor is self repairing. Siff actually didn't damange the armor. She pushed her spear through the gaps.

If there was evidence it was self repairing, it would have done so after Thor destroyed it.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:58 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Shield took it before it had a chance to repair itself

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:02 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope no evidence of either claim

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:02 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Even assuming that it was self-repairing. IMO, the Iron-man is far more useful and having access to an advanced AI means it's only a matter of time before you have access to the resources needed to maintain the armor.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:08 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree, but this idea it's self healing now is a bit absurd. All evidence points to the opposite.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:09 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

The Hulkbuster Armor should do the trick

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:13 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Sable
There is no evidence the armor is self repairing. Siff actually didn't damange the armor. She pushed her spear through the gaps.

If there was evidence it was self repairing, it would have done so after Thor destroyed it.
(please log in to view the image)

That looks like a hole to me. There's also the fact that it died for a few seconds before "rebooting" and reforming. I can't imagine why that would happen if it wasn't in some way damaged. That all screams "self-repair".

And Thor probably just damaged it more than it could recover from. I'd imagine absorbing its own blast enough to make the explosion it did probably wrecked the hell out of it. It could be self repairing, but only to a point. After all, you'd heal up from a papercut, but a spear through the heart would end you.

Originally posted by Silent Master
Even assuming that it was self-repairing. IMO, the Iron-man is far more useful and having access to an advanced AI means it's only a matter of time before you have access to the resources needed to maintain the armor.
Agreed. Having access to Jarvis makes all the difference.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:15 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, it's not a hole. It's between the bands. SM has stated this numerous times as well. It didnt reform either. It just turned itself around. It's not self healing, so let's just leave it there.

Terminator rebooting in T2 means self healing now to then?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:16 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Sable
No, it's not a hole. It's between the bands. SM has stated this numerous times as well. It didnt reform either. It just turned itself around. It's not self healing, so let's just leave it there.

Terminator rebooting in T2 means self healing now to then?
"Rebooting" was in quotations for a reason. The Destroyer armor is magical and alive. It doesn't have machinery on the inside. It's living armor. That means it flat out died for a few seconds before coming back.

I posted the picture, and there's pretty clearly a hole there. Ignoring that doesn't make much sense. The hole is there on the back (though it seems to have gone between the bands through the front), and gone after it "turns itself around" which means that that entire scene was it reforming.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:26 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thats a slit in the armor just like on every other part of its armor, even if it is a hole, what proof do you have the hole regenerated? Also you are downgrading the Destroyer armor as well, so you can't have it both ways in another debate.

Based off your argument, now you have to stick to the armor being damaged from here on out.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:26 PM
Silent Master

If the spear went through the armor itself, how could the Destroyer have repaired itself while the spear was still there. plus if the spear was still going through the metal. when the Destroyer rotated the bands in order to turn around. the spear would have ripped a line all the way around, doing massive damage.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:33 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also rewatching the scene, where the destroyer gets the spear out, you can clearly see there is no hole, it was apart of his armor. You only screen shooting the best part for your argument, you didn't just post the clip so we can all see, there wasn't a hole.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:35 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
If the spear went through the armor itself, how could the Destroyer have repaired itself while the spear was still there. plus if the spear was still going through the metal. when the Destroyer rotated the bands in order to turn around. the spear would have ripped a line all the way around, doing massive damage.

thumb upthumb up

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:36 PM