KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Destiny 2

Destiny 2
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Destiny 2

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03...veals-destiny-2

Yeah I don't think I can let myself be duped a second time. Lets see if they've improved on the formula.

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 08:44 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Man, the trailer is strange way to promote the game. It was like Bungie though, "everybody loves the humour in Borderlands, lets do that!" but somehow still have the depressing shit is real look and storyline.

However, Destiny was fun to play from a mechanical point of view (the controls and feel were fantastic) it just wasn't good from every other aspect of it. If they add a good campaign, interesting sidequests, better loot system and continue to provide the excellent shooter mechanics, I could be game for the sequel.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 05:57 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Of course lets compare it to Borderlands.

Cayde's just being Cayde. He is the Deadpool of that universe xD

Destiny 2 will most likely surprise a lot of people. Bungie has learned a lot from their mistakes and Destiny 1 has come a long way since day 1.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Mar 31st, 2017 at 01:23 AM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 01:18 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Is taken king good?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 03:38 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

A good campaign, good side quests, a codex feature, a trading system and I might consider this. Also let us fly our ships. I want them to be more than just decorations for the loading screen. Not sure where Bungie was going with that.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 31st, 2017 at 04:07 AM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 03:58 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Is taken king good?

So far its the best expansion and it was very good. Improved on many of the things that made Destiny a chore back in day 1.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
A good campaign, good side quests, a codex feature, a trading system and I might consider this. Also let us fly our ships. I want them to be more than just decorations for the loading screen. Not sure where Bungie was going with that.
You know you'll get it.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 04:38 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Zack Fair
You know you'll get it.

You can't prove that.

*sweating and frantically looking around totally unrelated to the conversation*

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 08:32 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Nemesis X
You can't prove that.

*sweating and frantically looking around totally unrelated to the conversation*

hahahaha xD

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 06:01 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I am pleased with everything I saw.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 08:34 PM
BackFire

I should probably play The Taken King so I know what the hell is going on here. Combat looked solid. Mission design looked a lot more streamlined and interesting than the bland vanilla missions.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 08:36 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Destiny 2 appears to be the evolution of all the progress and improvements Destiny went through after its horrible release.

I have just so much to say about it that I can't even begin lol.

Taken King is by far the best DLC/update of Destiny 1.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 08:38 PM
Arachnid1

It looks the exact same. It's a flat out reskin. They haven't learned a damn thing.

Let me guess...

3 worlds max and a bunch of moons to visit
Two raids at launch, 1 every DLC
A lack of real content meaning grinding the same levels over and over

The only things that will be good about it are the shooting and loot mechanics, just like the first.

PWNT

Old Post May 18th, 2017 08:40 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Are the other DLC's worth playing as well?

Also, I don't know how to say this without sounding like a bit of a prick, but I really hate listening to Luke Smith talk, his smarmy whiny voice really bothers me, and I get the impression he thinks he's much wittier than he really is.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 08:40 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Arachnid1
It looks the exact same. It's a flat out reskin. They haven't learned a damn thing.

Let me guess...

The only things that will be good about it are the shooting and loot mechanics, just like the first.
ok

Old Post May 18th, 2017 09:01 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Luke is annoying lol.

I find DeeJ much more annoying tho.

BTW Backfire yes Rise of Iron is a good DLC as well, but in the end I say if you're a solo player then it isn't as good as it could be.

Raids are Destiny's prime, and solo gaming keeps you from enjoying them. Now is a good time to get into the game though. Everything got updated to max light and you can enjoy all raids and people will actually do them because the loot is worth it. Grind is a lot less than it was back in y1 too.

Last edited by Zack Fair on May 18th, 2017 at 09:09 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2017 09:05 PM
BackFire

Originally posted by Arachnid1

Let me guess...

I dunno, as someone who hasn't played since Vanilla launched, I think it looks like a pretty significant improvement, at least from that. Having a narrative is in itself a huge improvement, which was my biggest problem with the original game at launch. It's kind of pathetic that that's something to praise them over, but with the state of the Vanilla game, it's a big deal, though of course that goes to how bad the original game was at launch moreso than to how good this game will be.

I don't really care about the number of worlds or spaces to play it, I'd rather those spaces be fleshed out and fun to actually be in. I'd rather have 4 fleshed out worlds than 10 empty boring worlds. Time will tell if Destiny 2's worlds actually are good, but the number of worlds isn't something that should be a concern.

Also having a LFG tool in game to easily find people to do Raids with is another big deal, though again, that's praising them for something that should have been in the core game.

It does look like they've learned from their mistakes, at least from Vanilla, though with the errors that were in Vanilla, they'd have to be total incompetents not to learn from that experience.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 09:08 PM
BackFire

Thanks for the info Zack, I'll probably pick up Taken King at the very least.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 09:11 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

We are having NPCs scattered throughout the worlds. The navigation in worlds is more smooth. The story narrative improved over the course of Destiny's lifespan, and it looks like it continues to do so. Graphics engine clearly benefited from dropping old consoles. They learned a long time ago to make the player feel rewarded for their time invested, so the grind slowly and steadily became less "evil" and actually worth it. They are focusing on Crucible which is really good considering Crucible(which was an after thought in Destiny 1) is what kept Destiny alive for so long. More vehicles and the world being more "interactive" than just going on patrols.

It might look the same on the surface I suppose? I dunno. But like...I feel you're just a little too angry at them. I don't blame you because vanilla Destiny was bad, but the game came a long way since then.

Granted all of this is from what they say and show us. I learned long ago to take everything Bungie says with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Zack Fair on May 18th, 2017 at 09:22 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2017 09:14 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It all depends if missions/story/things to do are interesting and varied.

But I'm weary considering the three minutes I saw of a mission looked like a mission I played in the vanilla game. You know....just defending something and ships appear....

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:30 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I guess lol.

I'm curious...did anyone ever try a raid?

Last edited by Zack Fair on May 18th, 2017 at 10:44 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:36 PM