KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Catalonia succession from Spain

Catalonia succession from Spain
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Catalonia succession from Spain

Anyone else been following this development?

Catalonia wanting to break ties is not unlike New York or London trying to break away, as they're a major economic powerhouse in Spain, and contribute something like 20% to their gdp. Losing them would absolutely wreck Spains economy.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 12:56 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

But Spain is a Fascist Country!? Why would any one want to leave that?!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 05:47 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Anyone else been following this development?

Catalonia wanting to break ties is not unlike New York or London trying to break away, as they're a major economic powerhouse in Spain, and contribute something like 20% to their gdp. Losing them would absolutely wreck Spains economy.
They've suspended declaring independence. Do wonder if this was all a ploy to achieve a goal, pretending to aim for independence, only to settle for something lesser which was original goal all along. Spaniards, I tell ya

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 06:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Maybe if Catalonia made infecting people unknowingly with HIV like California did that will help them get succeed'ed.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 06:40 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

The tension is very real in Spain atm. I wonder how this is going to play out, especially given Spain's economic crisis.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 02:14 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

They should just make Barcelona the capital of Spain and call the country Catalonia.

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 08:29 AM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Haha, good idea.

Anyways, Catalonia has a very strong history of striggling for independance. This criris might just propell them to purse it 100%.

BTW In the grand scheme of things, I wonder if this will have any influence on bigger separatist movements other countries like Belgium or Germany.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 08:57 AM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

I doubt Belgium will split; Bavaria may join Austria or whatever; I honestly don't think either will happen.

They're just stupid memes politicians and comedians are bandwagoning on cos some idiots think Europe is like a United States. It isn't.

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 10:29 AM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Off topic, but Stigma, you know the Einstein quote in your sig is not real, right? Tesla rejected Einstein's views on Relativity. Why would Einstein consider him smarter?

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 11:28 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Lestov16
Off topic, but Stigma, you know the Einstein quote in your sig is not real, right? Tesla rejected Einstein's views on Relativity. Why would Einstein consider him smarter?

It's an anecdote I've heard and liked.

BTW one can disagree with someone, but recognize their intellectual prowess.

Last edited by Stigma on Oct 13th, 2017 at 12:31 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 12:24 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Foxsteak
I doubt Belgium will split; Bavaria may join Austria or whatever; I honestly don't think either will happen.

They're just stupid memes politicians and comedians are bandwagoning on cos some idiots think Europe is like a United States. It isn't.

I can only speak for Bavaria as I lived in Munich few years ago. You'd better never tell a Bavarian that he is a German, though. LOL They still have a quite strong sense of separate identity.

I remember at the time they were very upset that Bavaria is "paying for the rest of Germany"- a slogan I've heard repreated quite often. Genug gezahlt, they would say.

And that was before the migrant crisis, which could be argued to hit Bavaria the most out of all German provinces.

Last edited by Stigma on Oct 13th, 2017 at 12:33 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 12:24 PM
Flyattractor

Europe does seem to be moving back to the concept of having City States.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 04:59 PM
RHaggis
The Jammy Bastard

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Europe does seem to be moving back to the concept of having City States.

B-b-b-but muh United States of Europe!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 07:40 PM
RHaggis is currently offline Click here to Send RHaggis a Private Message Find more posts by RHaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Whats left of Europe can unite at some point....

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 07:54 PM
Flyattractor

A more detailed view of this event?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 07:28 AM
Scribble

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 03:05 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Oh boy...

Tbh, this independence is illegal af and there needs to be a 90% majority (Like 70% of a 40% that even voted agreed to this) to amend Catalonia's constitution so there is no legal ground to support this independence but madlads and all that.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 03:52 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh boy...

Tbh, this independence is illegal af and there needs to be a 90% majority (Like 70% of a 40% that even voted agreed to this) to amend Catalonia's constitution so there is no legal ground to support this independence but madlads and all that.

Maybe, but how are they gonna stop them?

Civil war? I bet Catalonia can beat them.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 04:00 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

One thing is for certain: Spain handled this very poorly indeed.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 04:32 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh boy...

So using those stats, 12% of the total population voted against independence, deeming it not applicable....... :/

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 04:55 PM