KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Mace and the Invisible Hand

Mace and the Invisible Hand
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Shocked Mace and the Invisible Hand

In the Prequel Trilogy Storyboards, so presumably made after the script, Mace telekinetically stops the Invisible Hand when it crashes.

(please log in to view the image)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 26th, 2017 at 03:12 AM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 03:09 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Why didn't they put this into canon :/

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 03:13 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

Holy Shit.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 03:20 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Bout damn time. though it's weird this isn't mentioned ever in literally any source.

Was the idea scrapped?

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Sep 26th, 2017 at 04:08 AM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 04:06 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It's non-canon.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 04:09 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It's non-canon.

mad mad mad

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 04:09 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

At one point in time Lucas liked the idea, but for whatever reason it was completely scrapped.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 04:15 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
At one point in time Lucas liked the idea, but for whatever reason it was completely scrapped.

Mace having impressive feats is simply unacceptable.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 04:31 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Though honestly, what they should have really done, was have Anakin stop it when it looked like it was about to crash into the temple

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 04:37 AM
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Mace having impressive feats is simply unacceptable.

Systemic racism

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 06:44 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Though honestly, what they should have really done, was have Anakin stop it when it looked like it was about to crash into the temple

Nah Anakin has enough feats, Mace is sold a bit short I reckon. For someone on par with Dooku, his force feats are somewhat lacking

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 06:46 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by godemperortrump
Nah Anakin has enough feats, Mace is sold a bit short I reckon. For someone on par with Dooku, his force feats are somewhat lacking

Nah, Mace surpassed Dooku by ROTS.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 07:35 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by godemperortrump
That's not the point, the point is that it works best for the story thematically

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 07:48 AM
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Haschwalth
Nah, Mace surpassed Dooku by ROTS.

According to Gillard, yes. However wasn't that only in the context of the Windu vs Sidious fight? But what has Mace really done to show he is clearly above the Count? Duelling evenly with Sidious whilst all his physicals were amped through the roof? Stalemate Grievous who could barely move?

Is there a quote saying Mace increased in power and/or ability between TCW and ROTS? Because if not, having to use "all his skills" to defeat Ventress and stalemating Sora Bulq aren't all that impressive. Dooku stomped Ventress every time they dueled (yes I'm aware he did train her, but it's still notable) and dominated Bulq, who had the help of Tholme.

Mace and Dooku are equals

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 08:19 AM
Haschwalth

Mace was stated to be able to compete With Sidious, there is no getting around that. Dooku hasn't.
You are forgetting, Mace with that amp, doesn't make him stronger than sidious, yet he still disarms Sidious, through lightsaber combat. A canonical superior, in lightsaber combat.

Grievous is a walking PIS. He has no force reserves to be able to resist being stasis's of force crushed, or mind****ed. So you are going to claim Obi wan is > Mace because he didn't stalemate.

Many feats are inconsistent, like Dooku struggling to deal with an savage opress, while Maul casually handled a more seasoned savage.

Quite frankly they should be scaled to their best showings, ignoring outliers like Ventress.

I haven't divulged myself into enough PT stuff, to say, how much he grew in strength. Though I remember, other members like SN talking about it.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 08:31 AM
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mace was stated to be able to compete With Sidious, there is no getting around that. Dooku hasn't.

You'll have to provide that quote. Without the Vaapad amp, he's not competing with Sidious.

You are forgetting, Mace with that amp, doesn't make him stronger than sidious, yet he still disarms Sidious, through lightsaber combat. A canonical superior, in lightsaber combat.

Sidious allowed Mace to 'disarm' him. This has been debated over and over again, and I'm not willing to go there. Again, you'll need to provide a quote where Mace is confirmed to be superior to Sids in saber combat.

There are many quotes placing Mace & Dooku below Yoda as duelists, and Sidious "was too strong for Yoda." Sidious > Yoda > Mace

Grievous is a walking PIS. He has no force reserves to be able to resist being stasis's of force crushed, or mind****ed. So you are going to claim Obi wan is > Mace because he didn't stalemate.

You're feelings about him are irrelevant. Of course not, Obi-Wan has the best style to take down someone like Grievous. But somebody who is Sheev's superior in combat doesn't stalemate him.

Many feats are inconsistent, like Dooku struggling to deal with an savage opress, while Maul casually handled a more seasoned savage.

Huh, really makes you think. Maybe Maul is just better than Dooku? smile
Single-bladed Maul performed as well as Dooku did against Obi-Wan most times, without the form advantage...

Quite frankly they should be scaled to their best showings, ignoring outliers like Ventress.

I haven't divulged myself into enough PT stuff, to say, how much he grew in strength. Though I remember, other members like SN talking about it.

Provide a quote then. That's not an answer

Last edited by godemperortrump on Sep 26th, 2017 at 09:38 AM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 09:33 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

This feat would've made Yoda look pathetic trying to stop a single senate pod

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 09:58 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kurk
Yoda is pathetic

thumb up

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:08 AM
Haschwalth

You'll have to provide that quote. Without the Vaapad amp, he's not competing with Sidious.

quote:
"You have to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor,"

- Source : George Lucas, The Making Of Revenge Of The Sith; page 204

Sidious allowed Mace to 'disarm' him. This has been debated over and over again, and I'm not willing to go there. Again, you'll need to provide a quote where Mace is confirmed to be superior to Sids in saber combat.

There are many quotes placing Mace & Dooku below Yoda as duelists, and Sidious "was too strong for Yoda." Sidious > Yoda > Mace

I'm sorry concrete evidence that he allowed him to? written into canon, and not just speculation, with a Blog giving points.

Sidious is not a better duelist than Yoda, he is slightly inferior in power, but the fact Remains he was disarmed, by Yoda in combat, and resorted to the force.

Mace has several quotes putting him on Yoda's level or around it as a duelist.
quote:
This is the moment that defines Mace Windu. Not his countless victories in battle, nor the numberless battles his diplomacy has avoided. Not his penetrating intellect, or his talents with the Force, or his unmatched skills with the lightsaber.

Revenge of the Sith novel

quote:
Master Mace Windu is arguably the most skilled Lightsaber duelist alive. The Lightsaber form he developed, Vaapad, is quick and powerful, and only a handful of other Jedi have demonstrated the skill to use it, let alone master it.

Clone Wars Adventures

It's perfectly believable that Mace could disarm Sidious, there is more quotes, check out some RT's.

You're feelings about him are irrelevant. Of course not, Obi-Wan has the best style to take down someone like Grievous. But somebody who is Sheev's superior in combat doesn't stalemate him.

It's not my feelings lmao, it's logic within the SW universe, it's Plot that Grievous is around, you have inferior Jedi doing shit like moving warships, using TK, tell me, is Grievous as heavy/durable having the abiltiy to exert enough energy to keep, several hundred thousand tons of metal off the ground. No, its retarded.

I'm referring to Lightsaber combat, not raw strength in their fight, I have Sidious above them in that regard fyi. But lightsaber combat within canon, without using the force is the only way Grevious can compete, and as I say the shit is inconsistent asf.

Huh, really makes you think. Maybe Maul is just better than Dooku? smile
Single-bladed Maul performed as well as Dooku did against Obi-Wan most times, without the form advantage.

Better nah, around the same level, is what I believe, though others have given decent evidence, to why Dooku>Maul.

Provide a quote then. That's not an answer

CBF, digging through hundreds of pages.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:30 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

That Mace needed vapaad to stalemate doesn't mean he can't compete with sids by virtue of his own abilities. And this is assuming Mace can't replicate the Vapaad boost despite inner darkness not being a temporary source of power.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:51 AM