KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 9 Facts About Slavery They Don't Want You to Know

9 Facts About Slavery They Don't Want You to Know
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

9 Facts About Slavery They Don't Want You to Know

Well All Be dammed. Here I thought, it was just evil white people who owned slaves in America. Turns out one of the first actual LEGAL (by court order) slave owner was black.

A bunch of other interesting and yes important fact in here.

Link

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 01:39 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
Well All Be dammed. Here I thought, it was just evil white people who owned slaves in America. Turns out one of the first actual LEGAL (by court order) slave owner was black.

Link

Lol but it says American Indians owned black slaves. Whaaat? We're supposed to hold them as reverent. Surely they bought them and immediately freed them.

Also how is one a "native" if their ancestors came here via the 8ering Strait? Shaman magic?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 01:49 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

wow so if you cherry pick a self-hating black person it kinda cancels out social injustice. please stop making these stupid threads.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 01:51 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: 9 Facts About Slavery They Don't Want You to Know

Link

Like, OH EM GEEEE. slavery ended like a million years ago. Like can you like just OMG shut up about it.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 01:54 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
Like, OH EM GEEEE. slavery ended like a million years ago. Like can you like just OMG shut up about it.

Indeed, and it would be the epitome of sadness if a place like the UN told up to pay reparations for it.

Nobody could do that without being an imbecile, agreed?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 01:58 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Indeed, and it would be the epitome of sadness if a place like the UN told up to pay reparations for it.

Nobody could do that without being an imbecile, agreed?

U wot mate?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:01 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

U wot mate?

Lol my bad, just some dipshits at the UN said reparations should be paid by people who never committed the wrongdoing to people who never experienced the wrongdoing.

Legit that happened recently.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:02 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol my bad, just some dipshits at the UN said reparations should be paid by people who never committed the wrongdoing to people who never experienced the wrongdoing.

Legit that happened recently.

The UN remembers the other Donald and his black sidekick Colin.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:04 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The UN remembers the other Donald and his black sidekick Colin.

At least Colin wasn't raised by well off white people. That would be hilarious if it was the case.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:05 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: 9 Facts About Slavery They Don't Want You to Know

I would try to, but 65 million Americans won't shut up about it, I have to keep bringing facts forward.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:08 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

^I know you're joking Jaden but there are people out there who literally think like that. There are individuals alive TODAY who one generation over had slave ancestors. One generation! That's ****ed! And there are people alive today who would have been lynched if they stared a white woman too long! And a shit load of people would have a cheered and another shit load would have been like...."Damn that's horrible...but you know, they have no business mingling with us" and they would have been accused of being too soft.

------

What is the purpose of this thread?

Are you pointing out that North American/Europeans were not the only people to own slaves? Of course, where there is civilization, there is some form of slavery.

But are you suggesting -through this post- that the criticism levelled against the "white male" are somewhat unfair? Because you posted 9 facts (Which I haven't fact checked) but if I was to list every crime committed by a "white scandanavian culture" against a person of colour, not only individually but the ramifications to them geographically/economically/spiritually etc. I could be here for weeks.

We're all white people pieces of evil shit? Of course not, that's ridiculous but less than 150 years ago it was considered to be a progressive idea that someone who was not white was above a dog. Not because they were a slave -Romans had slaves- but because they were inherently less than human because of their race. Entire fields were warped by confirmation bias among very educated men to prove this. It was such a fundamental believe that for it not to be true would be considered irrational. Let's take a random example: The romans had slaves too, but a roman was a roman not because of their skin colour (Of course there were racist ****s) but because you were an inferior people, conquered or barbaric and useles not because you were inherently less than human. Do you understand that distinction? And why it's been so damaging to African Americans? The entire foundation and political system for your country was laid out under the assumption that the white man was superior. It'll take another 200 years until those biases are dealt with.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Sep 30th, 2017 at 02:12 AM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:09 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
wow so if you cherry pick a self-hating black person it kinda cancels out social injustice. please stop making these stupid threads.

"A" and in singular? It was more like plural.

"The census of 1830 lists 3,775 free Negroes who owned a total of 12,760 slaves."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:10 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
^I know you're joking Jaden but there are people out there who literally think like that. There are individuals alive TODAY who one generation over had slave ancestors. One generation! That's ****ed! And there are people alive today who would have been lynched if they stared a white woman too long! And a shit load of people would have a cheered and another shit load would have been like...."Damn that's horrible...but you know, they have no business mingling with us" and they would have been accused of being too soft.

------

Are you pointing out that North American/Europeans were not the only people to own slaves? Of course, where there is civilization, there is some form of slavery.

But are you suggesting -through this post- that the criticism levelled against the "white male" are somewhat unfair? Because you posted 9 facts (Which I haven't fact checked) but if I was to list every crime committed by a "white scandanavian culture" against a person of colour, not only individually but the ramifications to them geographically/economically/spiritually etc. I could be here for weeks.

We're all white people pieces of evil shit? Of course not, that's ridiculous but less than 150 years ago it was considered to be a progressive idea that someone who was not white was above a dog. Not because they were a slave -Romans had slaves- but because they were inherently less than human because of their race. Entire sciences were constructed and warped to prove this. It was such a fundamental believe that for it not to be true would be considered irrational. The rromans had slaves too, but a roman was a roman not because of their skin colour (Of course there were probably racist ****s) but because you were an inferior people, conquered or barbaric and useles not because you were inherently less than human. Do you understand that distinction? And why it's been so damaging to African Americans?

Don't worry about checking the facts, Snopes checked them for you lazy bones.

For you to be coming out of the gate like this out of no where with a 3 paragraph essays means you are clearly triggered from facts.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:11 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

------

We're all white people pieces of evil shit? Of course not, that's ridiculous but less than 150 years ago it was considered to be a progressive idea that someone who was not white was above a dog. Not because they were a slave -Romans had slaves- but because they were inherently less than human because of their race. Entire sciences were constructed and warped to prove this. It was such a fundamental believe that for it not to be true would be considered irrational. The rromans had slaves too, but a roman was a roman not because of their skin colour (Of course there were probably racist ****s) but because you were an inferior people, conquered or barbaric and useles not because you were inherently less than human. Do you understand that distinction? And why it's been so damaging to African Americans?

Yes, less than 150 years ago that happened. And now currently blacks are 13% of the population and responsible for over 50% of the murders, per FBI statistics.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:13 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I sense severe triggering since this came from a liberal bastion of truth known as SNOPES.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:13 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I sense severe triggering since this came from a liberal bastion of truth known as SNOPES.

I wonder if knowing that Malcolm X had sit downs with the KKK would trigger people?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:14 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder if knowing that Malcolm X had sit downs with the KKK would trigger people?

High Five!
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:16 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol that pic never gets old. Look at her, how is she not an uncle Tom with a vagina?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:18 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol that pic never gets old. Look at her, how is she not an uncle Tom with a vagina?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:19 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: 9 Facts About Slavery They Don't Want You to Know

Can you come over here to America and say this on CNN? Ill fcking pay for your ticket.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:22 AM