KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Fix DCEU

Fix DCEU
Started by: dynamix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dynamix

Fix DCEU

ok, the executives at Warner Bros. gives you full power to fix the DCEU. How would you turn it around?

Old Post May 13th, 2018 12:51 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

1. Get directors that knows the characters. Directors that read more than just the Dark Knight graphic novel

2. See number 1. Instead of directors, it’s writers. Competent writers.

3. Don’t call the JL the big seven and just have 6 characters.

4. Don’t copy Marvel’s comedic route. Make your on staple.

5. Get good actors. Ex. Jesse was a shitty Luthor. Why Mark Strong weren’t chosen, I have no idea. Same with Ezra Miller as the Flash. The kid sucked as the Flash.

6. Give each characters their own movies before bringing them together. And don’t add stupid shit like Martha for god sake!

7. Bring in Morison and Geoff on board.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 01:15 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Salt the earth. Reboot the franchise. Too many shitty ideas have taken root and set a precedence that can't be escaped from. The garbage aesthetic, for example.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 01:30 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

At this point, my initial response is to reboot the entire franchise and start over from square one.

That, or a Crisis on Infinite Earths-esque story line to remove and erase a lot of shit.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 13th, 2018 01:54 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I was calling for a reboot after the tragedy that was BVS. But not many people wanted to take their head out of the sand. After Suicide Squad though it was becoming more obvious even to defenders of the DCEU.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 13th, 2018 01:57 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I was calling for a reboot after the tragedy that was BVS. But not many people wanted to take their head out of the sand. After Suicide Squad though it was becoming more obvious even to defenders of the DCEU.

According to some, there’s entirely different version of Suicide Squad out there. Don’t know how much it’s true. But it’s suppose to be way better than the one we got.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 02:35 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ Must be the extended cut that they released on dvd/Blu-ray.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 02:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drsoe08
Nutjob

Make stand alone movies and not make a cinematic universe.
DC/Vertigo has a ****ton of great comics that i can get/pull a story from.

as for directors ,i'd hire these following guys:

Christopher Nolan
David Cronenberg
Alfonso Cuarón
Wachowski Bros
Olivier Megaton
Martin Scorsese/Brian de Palma

Old Post May 13th, 2018 03:33 AM
Drsoe08 is currently offline Click here to Send Drsoe08 a Private Message Find more posts by Drsoe08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

nothing its dead . let it stay did..
two options, sell all dc properties to disney..

2nd option a total and complete reboot by hiring better writers and directors.. have a plan.. don;t just announce something and keep in developmental hell. don't tell the whole f$cking story in the trailers.

also hire d list and f list actors/actresses

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on May 13th, 2018 at 03:46 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2018 03:39 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Restart from scratch and do not try playing catch-up with Marvel. I think one of the big problems with this universe was they were trying to build something up in half the time the MCU did it, but without the clear plan and leadership the MCU has in Kevin Feige. So, we ended up with things like BvS before we'd even gotten a proper solo Batman film.

The reason the MCU works is because they didn't rush it. I mean now they drop a couple movies a year, but it wasn't like that initially. They were ironing out the formula first. Taking their time. DC just skipped that and went HAM, and it blew up in their faces. Which irritates me, because if you look at the animated films, you know they can do it if they take the time to do it properly.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 03:47 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Aquaman will be the start of the DCEU 2.0. They should focus on making good films first and hire directors with proven track records and let them do their thing.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 04:14 AM
playa1258 is online now! Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Start over. Write better stories, play to your characters strengths, i.e don't try and make Superman a Moody edge Lord. Don't rush anything, Marvel has 10 years on you, cranking out bull shit won't change that.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 13th, 2018 04:19 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

The execs stop butting in where they have no business and let the directors do their thing

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post May 13th, 2018 05:03 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

They could borrow the reality stone from thanos and erase zack snyder and the rest from the past....

Old Post May 13th, 2018 06:31 AM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Why on Earth they gave it to him is beyond me. I mean as far back as interviews during Watchmen, he was talking about ideas like having Bruce raped in prison if he did a Batman movie. Obviously, that didn't actually end up in the film, but it should have been early warning signs about Snyder's vision.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 06:42 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: Fix DCEU

Originally posted by dynamix
ok, the executives at Warner Bros. gives you full power to fix the DCEU. How would you turn it around?

It cannot be fixed.

Sell it to Disney (as Bruce already mentioned) or terminate it.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 06:55 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

At this point its kinda phucked...even if they reboot it I just cant give a phuck about another Batman or Superman movie.

Same goes for further DC movies.....

Bankai.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 07:07 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Why on Earth they gave it to him is beyond me. I mean as far back as interviews during Watchmen, he was talking about ideas like having Bruce raped in prison if he did a Batman movie. Obviously, that didn't actually end up in the film, but it should have been early warning signs about Snyder's vision.

Because of his wife, Deborah Snyder , a higher up at WB

Old Post May 13th, 2018 07:49 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Inhuman
Because of his wife, Deborah Snyder , a higher up at WB

So, we basically got the absolute turd of a film that was BvS because of nepotism?

Old Post May 13th, 2018 08:13 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
So, we basically got the absolute turd of a film that was BvS because of nepotism?

That and the fact that the higher ups at WB's have no ****ing clue of what they are doing.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 13th, 2018 09:06 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote