KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Rewind: Trump had one the Popular Vote but Lost the Electoral College

How many would support Trump as the real Presdient
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
None of Them, There would be no protesting. 5 100.00%
All of them, There would be protests in the streets 0 0%
Total: 5 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rewind: Trump had one the Popular Vote but Lost the Electoral College
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rewind: Trump had one the Popular Vote but Lost the Electoral College

How many liberals would have his side saying well he won the popular vote, he's the real president and we need to remove the electoral college.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:39 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No doubt plenty would be chanting at Hilary that she wasn't their president. It'd be downright hypocritical if they wouldn't, and leftists aren't hypocrites.

Yeah, I had to make sure I wasn't drinking anything when I typed that, otherwise I'd have spit it out all over my monitor lol.

They'd praise it. The leftists who disagree with the EC might not praise it, but they'd keep the fact they disagree quiet.

I also can guarantee that the NY Times, WaPo, CNN, etc. would all have at least one article extolling the virtues of the EC, saying why it was necessary, saying how it "did what it was supposed to do" by keeping Trump out.

You definitely would not see leftists introducing bills to do away with the EC lol.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yea, CNN and the whole dirty dozen would be for sure extolling the virtues of the EC, they would run polls, focus groups, slanted their way of coarse to show how ignorant and stupid you would be to not support the constitution and electoral college.

They would be calling the Trump people a bunch of lawless heathens who know nothing about the system. They would say "Trump knew the rules before he ran."

Hillary would be on camera saying how dumb of an idea it is to get rid of the EC.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:50 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

There are two things to address here:

1) As I've pointed out before, had the popular vote been the rule of the game then the election would've been different in many ways. The campaign strategies on each side would've been different, and the voter turnout would've likely been different. So there is no way of knowing who would've won.

2) That being said... this is the 2nd time in recent decades a Democrat has lost in the electoral college while carrying the popular vote. And it seems the electoral college inherently favors Republicans to a certain extent because it gives rural states more voting power. So it makes sense that Democrats are frustrated with that system. Especially since the original logic that went into creating the system was (IIRC) based on the agrarian nature of the country and was basically to ensure that farmers had the kind of political sway that would match their important role in American society. But that farmer class has largely diminished and will continue to do so as technology advances. So it seems outdated in that way as well.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:52 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Whining based on speculation and imagined scenarios. Good thread thumb up

ps The electoral college needs to go; no, not just because of Trump. It was stupid before he ran. One citizen = one vote, that's how we should decide.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
There are two things to address here:

1) As I've pointed out before, had the popular vote been the rule of the game then the election would've been different in many ways. The campaign strategies on each side would've been different, and the voter turnout would've likely been different. So there is no way of knowing who would've won.

2) That being said... this is the 2nd time in recent decades a Democrat has lost in the electoral college while carrying the popular vote. And it seems the electoral college inherently favors Republicans to a certain extent because it gives rural states more voting power. So it makes sense that Democrats are frustrated with that system. Especially since the original logic that went into creating the system was (IIRC) based on the agrarian nature of the country and was basically to ensure that farmers had the kind of political sway that would match their important role in American society. But that farmer class has largely diminished and will continue to do so as technology advances. So it seems outdated in that way as well.

But just based on the opposite happening, and the premise of the OP. Would the liberals call Trump the true President for winning the popular vote?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:54 PM
Afro Cheese

Who cares?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:55 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

ps The electoral college needs to go; no, not just because of Trump. It was stupid before he ran. One citizen = one vote, that's how we should decide.

Thats not what this is, if the situation was reversed what would have happened. Its not as if we can't really tell.

Robtard
Senor Member

Who in the **** is saying Trump needs to be removed because he lost the popular vote? If you don't have a valid answer here, then your entire premise falls flat.

He won with the rules at play, as shitty as they are, that's not his fault.

Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who in the **** is saying Trump needs to be removed because he lost the popular vote? He won with the rules at play, as shitty as they are, that's not his fault.

Maxine Waters, Al Green, Joy Baher, Whoopi Golberg, Hillary Clinton.

If Hillary had won the way Trump ran, would the rules be shitty then?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:57 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

*needs citation*

To your edit: Yes, the EC is crap and was crap before 2016.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:57 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You can still answer the question though. Would all the leftists whining over it still be whining if it gave Hilary a victory?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
You can still answer the question though. Would all the leftists whining over it still be whining if it gave Hilary a victory?

I'd rather not play your imaginary "what if?" games as a means to feel better about your own shortcomings, Surt. You can pretend away though.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:59 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd rather not play your imaginary "what if?" games as a means to feel better about your own shortcomings, Surt. You can pretend away though.

I feel like you answer this way because you know the answer is "no".

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:00 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Impeach 45" "We are going to get Trump out, then we are going after Pence" Maxine Water

"Mr. Speaker, I am calling for the Impeachment of the Presdient of the United States of America" Al Green

Joy Baher daily on the view, as does Whoopi.

"I want to get back to the question: Would you completely rule out questioning the legitimacy of this election if we learn that the Russian interference in the election is even deeper than we know now?"

"No. I would not. I would say" —HC

You’re not going to rule it out.

"No, I wouldn’t rule it out."-HC

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:00 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

*needs citation*

To your edit: Yes, the EC is crap and was crap before 2016.

But no one here would be saying Trump should be president.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:01 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guarantee you if Bash or Steve Zodiac posted a thread posing a hypothetical you wouldn't be acting like this.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:02 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The funny thing is almost IMMEDIATELY after the election was over the Clintons began investigating it lol. The legitimacy of the victory, I mean. This is why weeks later they were very slow to come out and support Jill Stein's pathetic attempt at recounts and shit, because they had found *nothing* and knew it was pointless.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:03 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
I feel like you answer this way because you know the answer is "no".

Originally posted by Sable
But no one here would be saying Trump should be president.

If you can pretend one scenario, then the opposite pretend scenario is just as valid. So yes, according to your rules every Trumper would be calling for Trump to be president if he had lost, but won the pop vote. See how that works?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:03 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jill Steins recount helped Trump actually, she paid for it, he got more votes, and solidified the fact no Russians voted.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:04 PM