KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Season 1 Anakin > Grievous?

Season 1 Anakin > Grievous?
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Shocked Season 1 Anakin > Grievous?

Apparently the Behind of the Scenes of Season 1 says Grievous would be "no match" for Anakin. Can anyone get me the full quote / context?

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...walker.30805997

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 30th, 2017 at 07:36 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lazybones

https://youtu.be/la5NDxG97PE?t=6m4s

"It is a challenge, because I would like to see that fight, of Anakin vs Grievous. Given Obi-Wan's performance against Grievous in Revenge of the Sith, I believe that Anakin would take out Grievous fairly easily." - 6:25 precisely.

Duel of the Droids commentary.

Last edited by lazybones on Sep 30th, 2017 at 11:51 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 11:45 PM
Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

This isn't feloni expressing authorial intent, it's him simply stating his opinion on a fight.

Hence, it's worthless.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
This isn't feloni expressing authorial intent, it's him simply stating his opinion on a fight.

Hence, it's worthless.

And how exactly do you define the difference between authorial intent and opinion.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

an example of authorial intent is if an author elaborates on their work, whereas author opinion can be their take on anything.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 12:37 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Alrite. Just seems to me he's making his intention clear when it comes to how he portrays Anakin's combat ability. That anything ROTS Kenobi can do S1 Anakin can do just as well, if not better.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 12:40 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

He may also have just meant he thought Kenobi took care of Grievous pretty easily too.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 12:44 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Or maybe he's referring to Anakin on the whole?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 07:15 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Alrite. Just seems to me he's making his intention clear when it comes to how he portrays Anakin's combat ability. That anything ROTS Kenobi can do S1 Anakin can do just as well, if not better.

Then why did in his own work S3 Kenobi stomp Anakin in unarmed combat?

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:02 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Then why did in his own work S3 Kenobi stomp Anakin in unarmed combat?

Circumstances aside, is it possible he didn't think Anakin would fight Grievous in unarmed combat? embarrasment

And btw, that was S4.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:11 AM
cs_zoltan

Circumstances aside, is it possible he didn't think Anakin would fight Grievous in unarmed combat? embarrasment

That anything

anything

anything ROTS Kenobi can do S1 Anakin can do just as well, if not better.

Your words, not mine.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 01:06 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Your words, not mine.

Stop taking me so damn literally.

Same goes for Filoni's comments tbh.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 01:15 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by MythLord
Or maybe he's referring to Anakin on the whole?
Yea, he never specifies season 1 Anakin. thumb up

Regardless...

Hence, it's worthless.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 01:24 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yea, he never specifies season 1 Anakin. thumb up

He's talking within the context of the possibility of Anakin meeting Grievous in S1, then compares that to how ROTS Kenobi dealt with him.

I don't see what's the big shocker here given Skywalker's already given Dooku a run for his money at this point.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 05:07 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

He's talking within the context of the possibility of Anakin meeting Grievous in S1, then compares that to how ROTS Kenobi dealt with him.

Nope, he was talking about using Anakin vs Grievous in general.

And like already mentioned, this is simply his opinion on a fight. is opinion that TCW Anakin would beat Grievous was not used as an explanation behind an authorial decision and hence is nothing more than an opinion.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 05:38 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Not sure why people keep pretending TCW seasons are linear, time wise, anyway.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 05:44 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Nope, he was talking about using Anakin vs Grievous in general.

And like already mentioned, this is simply his opinion on a fight. is opinion that TCW Anakin would beat Grievous was not used as an explanation behind an authorial decision and hence is nothing more than an opinion.

Yep. It's him in general but it doesn't exclude S1 Anakin, which incidentally is the season he's commenting on where Anakin might have met Grievous.

Your stance on when Filoni's comments count is constantly shifting. Tell me what's the difference between this stance and his stance that Ahsoka is implied to be > Maul. Because as far as I can tell both are opinions on how powerful those characters are and how that relates to how they can be used (even though the latter was a pretty vague one), and neither was a commentary on a specific fight between the 2 combatants in question.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 05:45 PM