KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » If you had a time machine

If you had a time machine
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

If you had a time machine

What is one historical period or evolutionary period in human history you'd like to see and learn from? Would you go to the height of the Roman Empire, to the time of the Dinosaurs, or an era of time that isn't widely studied? What lessons would you come back and teach other humans?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:37 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

well there was that sale on spatulas last Tuesday...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:38 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would go to the future 100, 1,100, 10,100, 100,1000 years ahead in the future spend a 30 days in each, then decide what I liked the best. And stay there. Probably stay in the time where they had conquered death.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:40 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I agree, if I could I'd go into the future. If that's not an option for whatever reason, I'd probably go to Ancient Egypt and see the construction of the great pyramid.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:13 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I believe he's talking only about time travel to the past.

But a prevailing theory is that time travel is only possible to the future: It's the "twin paradox", where one twin stays on Earth while the other leaves Earth at realistic speeds on a space craft. The twin traveling will experience a slower passage of time compared to his twin on Earth. So when space-twin returns, to him only a handful of years could have passed while his twin brother has aged decades, thereby he's returning/traveling to the future from his POV.

The film 'Interstellar' touched on this, as a recent example.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 29th, 2017 at 08:16 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

To be perfectly honest, I'd travel to my teenage years and kick myself in the ass for all the dumb shit I did and warn myself.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:45 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

As a Christian, and as somebody who would still view Jesus as the greatest philosopher regardless of his divinity, I'd go back and talk to Jesus tbh, see if there's anything enlightening I could learn firsthand.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:47 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i would travel back in time to when trump was a child and report his parents to child services.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:49 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i would travel back in time to when trump was a child and report his parents to child services.

Trump has a time machine, so he would know you were coming and depose of you.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:50 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Nah he's too busy eating KFC

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:51 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

And wtf is wrong with KFC?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:52 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

*McDotard's

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Popeyes is better.

Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

To you maybelaughing out loud

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:53 PM
BackFire

Popeyes' gravy is delicious and I won't hear a word saying otherwise.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:53 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Half priced chicken knockoff

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:54 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

it's not even up for debate. pretty sure their potato wedges are the only thing keeping kfc in business because their chicken sucks.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:55 PM
BackFire

Originally posted by Sable
Half priced chicken knockoff

You know we've always been pretty cool with eachother, but this is the last straw.

You've made a powerful enemy today.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:57 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bushes Chicken > all

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:58 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
You know we've always been pretty cool with eachother, but this is the last straw.

You've made a powerful enemy today.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:59 PM