KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Vrook Lamar vs Qui-Gon Jinn

Vrook Lamar vs Qui-Gon Jinn
Started by: SunRazer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Vrook Lamar vs Qui-Gon Jinn

Fight takes place in the Rebuilt Jedi Enclave.

Just curious to see what people thought of this match-up.

1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-out

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 10:33 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Qui-Gon takes this easily.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 11:00 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Reasons, please.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 11:06 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Was able to hold off Darth Maul which is more impressive then anything Vrook could dream of even coming close to doing, the guy is virtually featless.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 11:29 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Vrook isn't featless, and how is Qui-Gon winning Force?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 12:20 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
Vrook isn't featless, and how is Qui-Gon winning Force?

Show me one thing that Vrook has done to put him above Qui-Gon's perfect mastery of the force?

and if you show me a quote from the guide, I will flip my desk.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 01:17 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Show me one thing that Vrook has done to put him above Qui-Gon's perfect mastery of the force?

and if you show me a quote from the guide, I will flip my desk.

I don't need quotes from the guide, lol. Vrook has placed the Exile in Stasis, and in the DS version of the game, he also pushes the Exile and her party down with TK before Stunning them all. He's also more powerful than Kavar, who has a slew of nice TK/Force Stun feats. And he's mastered the various Force Forms except Channel, which is an advantage.

Then there's Vrook, Kavar and Zez-Kai Ell being collectively powerful enough to cut the Exile off from the Force, and the trio also telekinetically rebuilt the destroyed Jedi Enclave. It's all on my RT.

Qui-Gon's mastery of the Force is not perfect, and we're talking about combat-relevant powers. Telekinesis is probably the only power he can bring to a showdown between him and Vrook.

Last edited by SunRazer on Sep 19th, 2015 at 02:13 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 02:05 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

I don't need quotes from the guide, lol. Vrook has placed the Exile in Stasis, and in the DS version of the game,

Vat? That was with the help of the other masters.

DS isn't canon.

quote:
he also pushes the Exile and her party down with TK before Stunning them all.

Non canon. Honestly, you wanna pull that stuff about "I view this as something that coulda happened but didn't"

But that disappears with Kyle becoming Emperor.

Jaden stalemating Kyle

and Bane moving a moon.

quote:
And he's mastered the various Force Forms except Channel, which is an advantage.

We've been through this...

quote:
Then there's Vrook, Kavar and Zez-Kai Ell being collectively powerful enough to cut the Exile off from the Force, and the trio also telekinetically rebuilt the destroyed Jedi Enclave. It's all on my RT.

Yes, i've seen the reaching bud.

1 - stasis that the Exile didn't even resist in the LS ending. DS is not canon.

quote:
Qui-Gon's mastery of the Force is not perfect,[/quotes]

Quote from the JA novels disagree with you.

[quote]]and we're talking about combat-relevant powers. Telekinesis is probably the only power he can bring to a showdown between him and Vrook.

the only power he even needs. At least he's got showing in that regard, versus Vrook being kinda featless.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 02:13 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Vrook puts him in stasis and pulls his head off.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 02:17 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Vat? That was with the help of the other masters.

DS isn't canon.

His hand is the only one that comes up. So he wasn't aided by the Masters for the Stasis, only the Sever Force. If you disagree, could you show me footage where all the Masters raise their hands in unison to place the Exile in Stasis?

quote:
Non canon. Honestly, you wanna pull that stuff about "I view this as something that coulda happened but didn't"

But that disappears with Kyle becoming Emperor.

Jaden stalemating Kyle

and Bane moving a moon.

If you can show me why they'd be a power disparity between Vrook's LS and DS storyline incarnations, then I'll agree to the feats not being usable. Otherwise, it's the same Vrook, just under different circumstances and in different incidents.

1. That has nothing to do with power, lol. As I said, it never happens, but it could happen in an alternate reality. That's basically how canon in most fictions work.

2. On a dark side nexus and with the Scepter of Ragnos, you mean?

3. That was outright retconned, and it's not a DS ending/counterpart to a game. That's a terrible example that's completely irrelevant to my point.

quote:
Yes, i've seen the reaching bud.

1 - stasis that the Exile didn't even resist in the LS ending. DS is not canon.

Nobody's reaching, lol.

You don't need DS to select the option that you don't want to be cut off from the Force (there are multiple non-DS options, and some of them involve you trying to resist). Whether you attempt to resist or not, you're put in Stasis.

quote:
the only power he even needs. At least he's got showing in that regard, versus Vrook being kinda featless.

Vrook TK'd the Exile's party down and he's telekinetically rebuilt the Jedi Enclave with the other Masters (which you didn't address, so concession accepted).

Last edited by SunRazer on Sep 19th, 2015 at 02:22 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 02:20 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Nova, just admit you're a KOTOR wanker and we'll all agree Vrook wins

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 02:22 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nova, just admit you're a KOTOR wanker and we'll all agree Vrook wins

Saying that I wank/lowball any single era in general is pretty flawed. I wank every era.

Also, Fated would never agree that way, lol.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 02:23 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Saying that I wank/lowball any single era in general is pretty flawed. I wank every era.

You don't wank SWTOR enough, infidel.

You can be openly biased towards an era and still force people to bend the knee.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 02:24 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

You don't wank SWTOR enough, infidel.

You can be openly biased towards an era and still force people to bend the knee.

1. I rank TOR characters higher than most here, lol. Also, calling me a KotOR fanboy in the presence of DarthAnt66 is insulting to him.

2. Not Fated.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 02:25 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

1. I rank TOR characters higher than most here, lol. Also, calling me a KotOR fanboy in the presence of DarthAnt66 is insulting to him.

2. Not Fated.

1. Lol @ overwanking Revan being a thing.

2. Why not? Anyone can bend the knee in the face of a great argument. If not, then it's they who isn't objective.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 02:27 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Yeah, there's no problem with that. But there's a fine line between reaching, and facts lol.

Also, yeah, I'd never agree. QGJ is held at a high esteem.

Unfortunately, i work tomorrow. And i gotta wake up early(5 AM) so i'll respond as soon as I can.

P.S there's a reason why I asked for the rights to the QGJ RT stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 02:30 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

So you're saying that, no matter how good the argument, Qui Gon Jinn can't be inferior to Vrook?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 02:39 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

1. Lol @ overwanking Revan being a thing.

2. Why not? Anyone can bend the knee in the face of a great argument. If not, then it's they who isn't objective.

1. lol @ Ant only wanking Revan amongst the KotOR pantheon.

2. And you're dealing with Fated, here.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 09:46 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Yeah, there's no problem with that. But there's a fine line between reaching, and facts lol.

Also, yeah, I'd never agree. QGJ is held at a high esteem.

Unfortunately, i work tomorrow. And i gotta wake up early(5 AM) so i'll respond as soon as I can.

P.S there's a reason why I asked for the rights to the QGJ RT stick out tongue

1. The facts are the feats, which I've given you. The thing is, you keep trying to worm your way out of the facts with excuses, and it's getting frustrating.

2. Your indelible stance on certain characters means it'll be virtually impossible to persuade you that they'd lose a fight to another being of their class that you have less preference for, so I believe I'm wasting my time here.

3. I have Qui-Gon's main feats in my RT, lol. Also, I didn't give you rights to my RT itself, I just gave you permission to use my content and make your own.

4. You lacked an argument on Force Forms, so that's a concession, and it's accepted.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 10:02 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Agreed with Nova, Vrook should take a hard fight.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 11:41 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote