Lucifer was beyond the authority of Death in Vertigo. It doesn't mean he can't be killed, but if the Saint's power is basically Death, he may or may not be able to affect Lucifer. The Basanos (sp?) who had some measure of power over destiny were out-classed by Lucifer when he had his full power. They were only able to affect him in a weakened state.
SoK died, went to hell, froze it over because of his hate, became the Angel of Death, then was never damaged again, by anything, a nuke didnt even singe his clothes, Lucifer can do nothing without time, which he doesnt have, cuz as soon as he confronts SoK, SoK lifts a gun and pulls trigger, less than a second, Lucifer dies, no time to do anything to SoK
Saint of Killers 10/10
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
^^ What part of Lucifer being above the concept of Death don't you understand?
Lucifer erases SoK from ever existing. You say being able to survive a nuke is impressive, Lucifer survive a demiurgic explosion capable of creating a new universe. You say, Lucifer can do nothing without time; Lucifer is above the concept of time.
And yet SOK showed himself vulnerable to mind control. Jesse Custer with his human reaction times and voice activated power was able to strike first and make SOK his *****. With a thought Lucifer could handle SOK. Or he could just win with BFR. SOK didnt demonstrate any flight or dimensional travelling abilities.
yeah but jesse custer wasnt a mind controller GS he was the voice of the god of his comic he wasnt just a guy who could mind controll being the voice of his god is like way above just being able to mind controll, he was suppose to command ANYONE and they would do what he said sept if they couldnt understand him, or they where insane, or they where deaf so a normal mind controller might not have any effect since jesse wasnt normal by any means but by definition of the comic he was in the second strongest being in the preacherverse, and i do remeber somewhere on here that lucifer has been killed, hasnt he like being burned up inside, if he and micheal are equal how come micheal can be killed?
Lucifer wasn't killed. He was just near death and it happened when a trick was used for his own power to consume him. It was his own power that struck him down. This is the situation where we find out that Lucifer is beyond Death's authority (as in Death of the Endless).
Michael and Lucifer seem pretty much equal, but I've always assumed Lucifer was a smidge more powerful. The Lucifer series doesn't really say one way or another, but in the Sandman series where he was introduced, there's a conversation between Morpheus (the Sandman) and his raven Matthew where Morpheus says (about Lucifer) "Saving only his Creator, he is, perhaps, the most powerful being there is."
Michael doesn't think Lucifer is more powerful than him, though, and even threatens him in one issue. I'd say they're even enough (and possibly exactly even) such that either one could kill the other.
well the guy above said it was his power that killed him not anyone else or whatever, and can i ask but does anyone have any feats for lucifer like stuff he's done under his own power with out any help?
Some of Lucifer's feats:
- Against the Silk Man, an entity that existed before the current universe was created, Lucifer altered the rules that let the Silk Man exist in the current universe so that he was banished from it.
- Survived the "detonation" of Michael when he was killed for the first time. The energy was enough for Lucifer to create a multiverse from it.
- Shaped his universe: formed suns, galaxies, concepts like time, life, and so on.
- Created a soul for a demon as a punishment so that the demon would become a damned soul instead of being extinguised by death.
- Folded the letter of passage through space and time so that it appeared on every world in the original creation.
- His presence destroyed the Mansions of the Silence (a realm where souls that didn't belong to Heaven or Hell went).
- Turned Elaine and her friend Mona into guardian spirits (basically gods for a world without gods).
- Destroyed the Titans who took over the role of God by killing them before they became God.
- Destroyed his duinum, a copy created by the Titans whose touch would cancel them both out.
- Killed Michael while infected by Fenris.
- Killed Fenris.
An additional feat by Michael that I thought was cool was that he maintained Creation after Yahweh left by rewriting Yahweh's name on every atom of creation.
That's irrelevant . The way Jesse's powers work are that anything he says has to be done (He told a guy to f*ck himself and the guy nearly broke his spine doing so) It's not telekinesis or any kind of mind control so dont try to link it to it.
Saint of Killers on the other hand has human reaction times, his powers lie within the fact that he can't be killed and within his gun/bullets.