KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What is a a "Sock"?

What is a a "Sock"?
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

What is a a "Sock"?

I openly admit I am not all that Hip with Modern Internet Slang so I am in the dark on what this one is. I have seen members here get in trouble and even Permabanned for it..aka That Thorne guy and i am not seeing any thing stated in the Official KMC Rules about foot wear so I will just out right ask.

What is a "SOCK"?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:33 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah the Thorne guy did get banned for a sock. But then, Steve Zodiac is a sock and hasn't been banned.

Weird.

As for what it is, someone who is banned, but re-registers under a different name.

Now I personally do not give a shit about socks. But it occurs to me that certain socks can stay and certain socks can't. That to me is weird.

Like Thorne didn't say anything nearly as crazy as Jake who threatened murder multiple times before getting banned.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 24th, 2017 at 10:47 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

awww are the babies playing victim again?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:45 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Awwww You upset cause you thought this was a thread talkin bout your fav sex partner!?

And 10-Q 2 Surt for an actual answer.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:47 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah, it's more just curiosity about the way things work here Bash.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Oh I "KNOW HOW THINGS WORK HERE" just not fully op on the Lingo.

It changes to darn often for my opinion...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:48 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know Leonardo Dicaprio said we shouldn't have a president who doesn't believe in science.

That is hilarious though lol. It's like a cult. "Scientism". Do you think they realize science isn't about mere belief? I wonder.

Some leftists love science so much they lose all comprehension as to how it works. That is true love.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:50 PM
Flyattractor

Ben Shapiro put it best.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:53 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, but Ben is Hitler though. Like legit, Thule society type shit. Whenever he sees a baby that doesn't have blue eyes and blonde hair he secretly just wants to toss it into a wood chipper.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:56 PM
Flyattractor

That is just the Leftist Progressive in you talking.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He'd probably even eat a baby. Even if there was a non-baby sandwich available, he'd say no, I want to eat that baby.

Sick and twisted. Even worse than this fiendish deed:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 11:04 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

A sock is a banned user who creates a new account to get past his ban.

I think the way these people are viewed tends to vary a bit from mod to mod. For myself, I'm generally open to the idea of a sock coming back if they make attempts to engage other members in a reasonable way and try to take part in relatively respectful conversations. They will be on thin ice, though. If they come back merely to make trouble, that isn't acceptable and is a way to find yourself banned very quickly if you are a sock.

There's also the fact that the sock checker for this site is ancient and inefficient, and so it can be difficult to really "prove" if someone is a sock. Generally, the mods have been around long enough to be able to tell if someone is a sock simply by posting habits and personality, but we may not be able to prove it with the sock checker.

I think there's more leniency towards socks than there used to be. The site doesn't have a very large or healthy user base anymore, so I think we're pretty open to the idea of giving people second chances.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 12:23 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So when did we stop calling them ALTS and started calling them SOCKS?

Why all with the Hip and Trendy all of a Sudden?!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 01:14 AM
BackFire

They've always been known as Socks on this site.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 01:33 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I will take your word for it.

SO what level of SOCK would you categorize the Villainous Thorne?

Ankle? KneeHigh? Tube?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 01:41 AM
BackFire

Tube. Hate those things.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 01:45 AM
Flyattractor

I agree. Hate wearing those things. I prefer Hillbilly Barefoot All the Way!!!!!!!

So how many SOCKS did Thorne have in his Tube?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 01:49 AM
BackFire

I'm not sure. He was a sock of Long Pig, and I don't know who that is.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 01:52 AM
Flyattractor

Having known Throne for several years and quite aware of his Multiple Personality Induced Schizophrenia I would think He had a whole drawer full of em.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 01:54 AM
BackFire

Well, socks usually do it many times. Apparently, it's pretty addicting.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 01:58 AM