KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Victims of Las Vegas

Victims of Las Vegas
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Victims of Las Vegas

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 01:42 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

John Phippen, a 56-year-old father of six, was fatally shot while shielding a woman from the gunfire, Phippen's neighbor said.
Phippen was hit after his son stopped to help someone else, said Leah Nagyivanyi, Phippen's neighbor and close friend for 17 years. His son was wounded in the arm, she said.
Phippen lost his wife three years ago, said Nagyivanyi, whose family went on camping trips with Phippen and his clan. She said her children considered Phippen a friend.
"He was everybody's best friend," she said. "He was a man of integrity who always had your back. There is nothing he couldn't do for you, wouldn't do for you. You didn't even have to ask."

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 02:41 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Say what you will about CNN, but I absolutely adore how Anderson Cooper refuses to talk about the shooter and say his name, and concentrate on the victims.

Heartbreaking reading about them all.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 04:17 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

This one hurts

Jordan McIldoon, a 25-year-old from Maple Ridge, British Columbia, died holding the hand of a stranger at the concert.
Heather Gooze told CNN she somehow ended up next to McIldoon, and, even though she didn't know him, she held his hand during his final minutes. She felt a squeeze from his fingers, then felt his hand go loose.
Gooze knew there was nothing more to do, she said, yet she stayed with McIldoon for hours. When his phone rang, she answered it and learned his name -- and said everything was not OK, she recalled.
Then, Gooze relayed the news of his death by phone to his long-term girlfriend and his mother, she said, all the while staying by his side.
"I didn't want Jordan to not have somebody with him," she told CNN through tears. "I didn't want him to just be a no-named body. I knew who he was, and now I had an obligation to make sure that everyone knew who he was."
Survivor who stayed with victim as he died gets emotional: "I didn't want him to be alone... to be a John Doe" https://t.co/umntjeZ8Dw

— CNN Newsroom (@CNNnewsroom) October 3, 2017
McIldoon's mother told Gooze he was a good, nice and fun person.
"He loved his girlfriend and had great family and great friends," Gooze told CNN.
Christopher Roybal

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 04:21 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sonny Melton, 29, a registered nurse from Tennessee, was shot and killed in the attack Sunday night, according to the Henry County Medical Center in Paris, Tennessee, where he worked.
His wife, Heather Melton, an orthopedic surgeon at Innovative Orthopedics, survived the mass shooting, the statement reads.

In an interview with CNN affiliate WSMV, Heather Melton said her husband saved her life amid the gunfire.
"He saved my life. He grabbed me and started running when I felt him get shot in the back," she said. "I want everyone to know what a kind-hearted, loving man he was, but at this point, I can barely breathe."
Sonny Melton graduated from Union University in 2015 with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Accelerated degree and was president of his BSNA class, according to the university.
"You know how when you met someone and you just know that they're good and kind? That was Sonny," said Christy Davis, assistant professor of nursing at Union. "He just had a sweet, kind spirit about him."
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam tweeted that he was praying for those affected by the shooting, including Melton's family.
"In particular, Crissy and I extend our condolences and prayers to the family of Sonny Melton from West Tennessee who was among those killed in this tragedy," Haslam said. "We know other Tennesseans were in attendance or performing at the event, and my thoughts go out to them as we grieve and process the enormity of this attack. Tennessee stands with Las Vegas during this difficult time."

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 04:24 AM
Scribble

This is a good thread, and rightfully made.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what this would feel like for those involved and their families. RIP, and I hope those injured recover and are able to continue with their lives.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 01:49 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote