KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Welfare: How do we fix it

Welfare: How do we fix it
Started by: Raisen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raisen

Welfare: How do we fix it

https://journalistsresource.org/stu...-gender-obesity

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pre...15/cb15-97.html

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...amp-recipients/

"The share of food stamp beneficiaries swells even further when respondents are asked if someone else living in their household had ever received food stamps. According to the survey, about three in ten Democrats (31%) and about half as many Republicans (17%) say they or someone in their household has benefitted from the food stamp program."

"Minority women in particular are far more likely than their male counterparts to have used food stamps. About four-in-ten black women (39%) have gotten help compared with 21% of black men. The gender-race participation gap is also wide among Hispanics: 31% of Hispanic women but 14% of Hispanic men received assistance.

Among whites, the gender-race gap is smaller. Still, white women are about twice as likely as white men to receive food stamp assistance (19% vs. 11%)."

"THIS IS UNSUSTAINABLE

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:05 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

https://womenslawproject.wordpress....-tanf-benefits/

Now look at the blatant lying in this article. Read the comments.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:10 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

First thing to do is to separate out the people who legit need government assistance and the ones who are leeches; ones who could work, but prefer to take advantage of a poorly regulated system.

And I'm not just talking about food stamps, but workers compensation and disability leeches, those people are the worst.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
First thing to do is to separate out the people who legit need government assistance and the ones who are leeches; ones who could work, but prefer to take advantage of a poorly regulated system.

And I'm not just talking about food stamps, but workers compensation and disability leeches, those people are the worst.

I agree with Rob leeches can't be tolerated. And since it seems there are more liberals than conservatives getting these benefits, I'm guessing some need them because they just need to protest all the time. Not everyone gets paid by George Soros to do so. Black masks and knives and tasers do not just pay for themselves you know.

So great point Rob, valid. Those people are just awful.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

did you read the articles? work comp is a problem but let's be honest about where the vast majority of leeching is taking place. it's only a recent phenomena that the poorest are also the most obese...further taxing the system because the medical issues with obesity.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:29 PM
Raisen

I'd appreciate if people read the entirety of all the articles. They aren't long.

We need to address these problems as a country.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:30 PM
Raisen

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:33 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Surtur
I agree with Rob leeches can't be tolerated. And since it seems there are more liberals than conservatives getting these benefits, I'm guessing some need them because they just need to protest all the time. Not everyone gets paid by George Soros to do so. Black masks and knives and tasers do not just pay for themselves you know.

So great point Rob, valid. Those people are just awful.

Could we please not bring in impugning the integrity of the other side into every thread before it becomes relevant?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:33 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Oh Surtur...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh Surtur...

It's okay Rob, we finally agree on something.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

let's stay on track please

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:44 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Raisen
I'd appreciate if people read the entirety of all the articles. They aren't long.

We need to address these problems as a country.

I have an idea of one way at least some money can be saved. If you are already someone who needs welfare you cannot give birth to any children while on welfare. Obviously we can't physically stop this, but we can make it so there would not be an increase in money because the person decided to have a child. I think this is a valid concern considering more women than men seem to get these things.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:45 PM
Raisen

I have an idea of one way at least some money can be saved. If you are already someone who needs welfare you cannot give birth to any children while on welfare. Obviously we can't physically stop this, but we can make it so there would not be an increase in money because the person decided to have a child. I think this is a valid concern considering more women than men seem to get these things.

absolutely agree.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:46 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

did you read the articles? work comp is a problem but let's be honest about where the vast majority of leeching is taking place. it's only a recent phenomena that the poorest are also the most obese...further taxing the system because the medical issues with obesity.

Not sure what you want to do about obesity. Being fat made illegal?

I'm all for health awareness and better eating being pushed to the front. eg schools in my area did away with junk food in snacks machines and school lunches are actually low sugar and overall healthy, ingraining the "eat healthy" early on. But you get certain people crying "muh freedoms! tyranny!" cos the school banned the Coca-Cola and Frito-Lay corporations

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:46 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

It's okay Rob, we finally agree on something.

No, what happened is you embarrassed yourself again but crying about your dreaded "it's them liberals!" again. Everyone saw it and it was noted. Do better for yourself. Moving on.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:48 PM
Raisen

Not sure what you want to do about obesity. Being fat made illegal?

I'm all for health awareness and better eating tips. eg schools in my area did away with junk food in snacks machines and school lunches are actually low sugar and overall healthy, ingraining the "eat healthy" early on. But you get certain people crying "muh freedoms! tyranny!" cos the school banned the Coca-Cola and Frito-Lay corporations

the idea that our "poor", that tax payers pay for, are living such a life that they can actually get to the level of being obese and further become a financial burden.

I understand that in this day and age calorically dense food is cheaper than healthier food that is more perishable. However, this is also indicative that they are receiving more than sustainable amounts of benefits.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, what happened is you embarrassed yourself again but crying about your dreaded "it's them liberals!" again. Everyone saw it and it was noted. Do better for yourself. Moving on.

No Rob, we agree. Leeches are bad. Moving on.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:53 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

the idea that our "poor", that tax payers pay for, are living such a life that they can actually get to the level of being obese and further become a financial burden.

I understand that in this day and age calorically dense food is cheaper than healthier food that is more perishable. However, this is also indicative that they are receiving more than sustainable amounts of benefits.

Well they implemented a "soda tax" here. Supposed to be aimed at sugary drinks, even though it also taxes stuff without sugar lol. But most people I know just drive to another county to get soda now. Retailers in this county lost business, but people haven't really been consuming less soda.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:54 PM
Raisen

can you two not let your idiotic rivalry ruin a legit discussion.

Robtard
Senor Member

Like I said, crunch down and separate the people into two groups A) People that legit need assistance and B) The leeches who abuse the system (they know who they are), this should be the first stage.

That right there will safe millions, maybe billions. Then you look at the people who need assistance and you see if there's ways where they can get off and do for themselves, if possible.

Also not 100% sure you "They're fat, so they have too much" is correct, at least not in today's junk food era. You can get 5,000 calories of mostly sugar based foods for very cheap. Making a person overweight and cheaply.