KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Voldermort runs a Future Sentinels gauntlet

How far does Voldemort get?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
stops at 1 2 66.67%
stops at 2 1 33.33%
stops at 3 0 0%
stops at 4 0 0%
stops at 5 0 0%
stops at bonus round 0 0%
clears 0 0%
Total: 3 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Voldermort runs a Future Sentinels gauntlet
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Voldermort runs a Future Sentinels gauntlet

Setting: Stonehenge

Starting distance: 100 feet

Voldemort gets full rest after each battle.

1. 1 Future Sentinel
2. 5 Future Sentinels
3. 10 Future Sentinels
4. 20 Future Sentiels
5. 50 Future Sentinels

BONUS round: 50 Future Sentinels and Magneto at his peak

How far does he get?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:26 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Voldemort dies at 1. No way for voldemort to win this.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:50 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Aren't there spells that dismantle machines and shrink things to really small sizes? Immobolize stuff?

I'm just thinking of the myriad of options Riddle has in casting multiple spells with multiple status effects on 1 sentinel, perhaps even going the nuking mage route against 5 or 10.

I'd say he takes down 1 for sure, things start getting hairy for 5 and 10, then 20 and 50 being loss column specials for Vold.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 07:11 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Aren't there spells that dismantle machines and shrink things to really small sizes? Immobolize stuff?

I'm just thinking of the myriad of options Riddle has in casting multiple spells with multiple status effects on 1 sentinel, perhaps even going the nuking mage route against 5 or 10.

I'd say he takes down 1 for sure, things start getting hairy for 5 and 10, then 20 and 50 being loss column specials for Vold.

Maybe reaches to 5.

He couldn't kill 10 However..

The thing is that Sentinels aren't common machines. They won't crumble that easily.

So i don't see how Voldemort can effectively damage a Sentinel.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:06 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Maybe reaches to 5.

He couldn't kill 10 However..

The thing is that Sentinels aren't common machines. They won't crumble that easily.

So i don't see how Voldemort can effectively damage a Sentinel.

Why doesn't he just transmute them?

Though I suppose it depends on how much leeway you want to give. We do not ever see Voldemort transmute anything. On the other hand we do see that 12 yr. olds at Hogwarts learned to turn rats into teacups. Moody turned Malfoy into a ferret.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Surtur
Why doesn't he just transmute them?

Though I suppose it depends on how much leeway you want to give. We do not ever see Voldemort transmute anything. On the other hand we do see that 12 yr. olds at Hogwarts learned to turn rats into teacups. Moody turned Malfoy into a ferret.

Uhhhh! That changes things up. Yeah Transmutation could work arguably.

But as you claim, Voldemort isn't much of using it.

Also, it is assumable that Voldemort doesn't have knowledge over his enemies. So he would probably follow the Death Spells (Which have no effect over robots). Meanwhile the Sentinels would impale Voldemort.

I think Voldi could handle 5, more than 5 would be considered insane.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Uhhhh! That changes things up. Yeah Transmutation could work arguably.

But as you claim, Voldemort isn't much of using it.

He never used it true, but I don't think he ever used "expelliarmus" either.

quote:
Also, it is assumable that Voldemort doesn't have knowledge over his enemies. So he would probably follow the Death Spells (Which have no effect over robots). Meanwhile the Sentinels would impale Voldemort.

He doesn't know all their powers, but they clearly look like robots so why would he even bother with a death spell?

quote:
I think Voldi could handle 5, more than 5 would be considered insane.

If he uses transmutation I think he could take far more than that. He could just keep teleporting around casting the spells at them.

Also it is possible fiendfyre could damage the sentinels. Yes, I am aware they adapted to the powers of a mutant with fire powers, but that is normal fire it is not dark magic. Remember Dumbledore can easily conjure normal fire and he still required the use of Gryffindors sword to destroy a horcrux. While fiendfyre easily destroyed a horcrux.

Again, Voldemort never does this spell that I remember. On the other hand Crabbe was able to do the spell, albeit he couldn't control it. I'm guessing Voldemort could. Also the fiendfyre isn't actually sentient, but it does hunt targets down all on its own.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 6th, 2017 at 09:32 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 09:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

That would be using a bit of a no limits fallacy though. Sentinels are much larger than a 14yr old kid.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 10:16 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Stops cold at 1...

Future Sentinels are not garbage Harry Potter characters/enemies...

The Future Sentinels are big, fast, strong, durable, powerful, and completely ruthless; they literally kill Superhumans for a living...

The 1st Sentinel that comes across Voldemort annihilates him...

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 11:39 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Grand Wizard, Keep your racist thoughts to yourself

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 11:40 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Maybe you guys need a reminder of what Volde is up against here; he simply hasnt faced foes of this caliber:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAms1zCTxbY

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 11:51 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Those Xmen were featless fodder and they still slowed the sentinels down.

Lol look at all the damage those sentinels took. One lost an arm. The other one was all ****ed up.

Weak

Last edited by Sable on Oct 7th, 2017 at 12:05 AM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 11:59 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Would you look at that, the grand wizard finally follow the rules by bringing up the movies instead of comics.

Racists can be taught, who knew?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 12:29 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Surtur
He never used it true, but I don't think he ever used "expelliarmus" either.

He doesn't know all their powers, but they clearly look like robots so why would he even bother with a death spell?

If he uses transmutation I think he could take far more than that. He could just keep teleporting around casting the spells at them.

Also it is possible fiendfyre could damage the sentinels. Yes, I am aware they adapted to the powers of a mutant with fire powers, but that is normal fire it is not dark magic. Remember Dumbledore can easily conjure normal fire and he still required the use of Gryffindors sword to destroy a horcrux. While fiendfyre easily destroyed a horcrux.

Again, Voldemort never does this spell that I remember. On the other hand Crabbe was able to do the spell, albeit he couldn't control it. I'm guessing Voldemort could. Also the fiendfyre isn't actually sentient, but it does hunt targets down all on its own.

Yeah agree.

The thing is they don't look quite like robots. They look more like Golems.

Also remember that the Sentinels can adapt to their environment.

If Voldemort uses fire then the Sentinels will eventually be able to use fire against Voldemort.

Teleportation wouldn't be a problem. We saw Sentinels deal with Teleportation before.

I think Voldi stops at 10.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 02:31 AM