KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Every single Yahoo account was hacked

Every single Yahoo account was hacked
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Every single Yahoo account was hacked

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 04:32 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 02:18 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good thing I abandoned Yahoo a year ago cuz of this

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 02:22 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

This happened in 2013. But we didn't know how bad till now.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 02:23 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I used to have two Yahoo accounts and am down to one, which is being phased out (Gmail is my main). The truth is, all you need to do is change your password, along with any other sites where you use the same password/email combo. Then you're as safe as you were before the hack. And these hacks, while not commonplace, could happen to any site. But because of the PR nightmare, they'll continue to hemorrhage money. And while we didn't know the full size, this was in the news over a year ago. People already knew it was likely their account was hacked. No big loss - Yahoo's been circling the drain for a while now - but it's actually not the worst site otherwise. Their finance and stock market section(s) are as good as any free service out there, and I prefer their sports to ESPN.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 03:04 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thankfully I haven't used yahoo since like 2008.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 03:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Most people have switched to gmail. Yahoo was popular during the Askjeeves MySpace era. Those days have long past

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 03:07 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Actually, this reminds me I need to tell my mom to switch to Gmail. She doesn't purchase stuff online, so I don't think anything meaningful could be compromised anyway. But it never hurts to be careful.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 03:13 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
I The truth is, all you need to do is change your password, along with any other sites where you use the same password/email combo.

Not true. It's not just as open as shut as this. They hack download info and steal all your information. Name, important info, addresses, bills, corporate docs, personal docs. Research it, sell it, blackmail people. Billions of peoples info was stolen.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 03:22 PM
cdtm

Every once in awhile, my Microsoft account has a login attempt from someplace like Thailand or India. They had one successful login, but were stopped by the "confirmation code to email" deterrant, something I used to revile as a waste of time,, but now am glad they have.

Been changing my passwords ever since.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 03:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Sable
Not true. It's not just as open as shut as this. They hack download info and steal all your information. Name, important info, addresses, bills, corporate docs, personal docs. Research it, sell it, blackmail people. Billions of peoples info was stolen.

Yeah, this sounds like something security practices on the user end won't stop.

Not good.. These hackers must have serious funding, and be making serious coin to go this far.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 04:00 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Kurk
Good thing I abandoned Yahoo a year ago cuz of this

This happened in 2013. But we didn't know how bad till now.

oops

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 07:36 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I meant in terms of your Yahoo account, and others where you potentially use the same email/PW combo. If you don't have this more sensitive info linked to or sent through your email account, no, they don't have access to them. But I should have been more clear. If you do have those things in emails and such, then you're correct.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 12:44 PM