KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Has one of your relatives been in war ?

Has one of your relatives been in war ?
Started by: Pablo G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Has one of your relatives been in war ?

I mean lots of people here are americans and brits and americans have fought lots of wars and the british were in war against Argentina in the '80s.

Has one of your relatives fought ?

An uncle of mine that is an american citizen fought in Nam and my great great great great great great grandfather was killed by a U.S. Soldier in the war between Mexico and the USA.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 11:47 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

argentina in the '80s???? you mean the falklands?? now that can hardly be considered a war
well my grandfather died in WWII as POW in a nazi concentration camp

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 11:49 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Yeah they're called Islas Malvinas here.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 11:50 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Okie I wouldn't call it a war

though you can consider it an act of war

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 11:52 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

My dad was in Vietnam.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 11:53 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CandyKoRn
In Orlando Blooms Pant's

Re: Has one of your relatives been in war ?

quote:
Originally posted by pablo007
I mean lots of people here are americans and brits and americans have fought lots of wars and the british were in war against Argentina in the '80s.

Has one of your relatives fought ?

An uncle of mine that is an american citizen fought in Nam and my great great great great great great grandfather was killed by a U.S. Soldier in the war between Mexico and the USA.

The British have fought Wars before America even existed...
Even against the US itself...

Happy Dance Go Banana Go Banana! Go! Go! Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 11:53 PM
CandyKoRn is currently offline Click here to Send CandyKoRn a Private Message Find more posts by CandyKoRn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

my grandfather was in world war two he is a very smart mang he did sumthing important not sure what and then my cousin was in the iraq war he flys the appache helicoptors he is really cool

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 12:04 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nivvy
Daily Spleen

My dad just missed going to Vietnam, Thank Gawd, he was a year too young or i may not have been here.

His father fought in WWII and survived, though he was Injured in Action, he was shot in the head or something. Plus they were hit by a bomb,and a piece of Shrapnel flew up and went through his pack, Luckily hitting his shaving kit tin. Or else it would have gone through his heart.

We still have the tin to this day. With the dent that saved his life.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 12:32 AM
Nivvy is currently offline Click here to Send Nivvy a Private Message Find more posts by Nivvy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

no one that i know was in war but my grandfather guarded arlington national cemetary lol

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 12:42 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

^ hahaha hard job protecting all the stiffs laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 01:10 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

I got a uncle in the army don't know if he went into war, they don't talk 'bout him much

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 01:10 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

lol well maybe i had some family back in roman times that fought! lol my great great x200 grandfather fought as a legionare lol stick out tongue

im italian lol

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 02:48 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

italins rock

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 03:09 AM
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Ohh yeah I forgot a great uncle of mine fought in WWII, he was italian.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 03:15 AM
jinXed by JaNx

my great grandfather in WW my grandad in WW2, my uncle in vietnam, and my brother in what ever This war with Iraq was called, i know there were about 20 different names for it

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 03:27 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

if i was old enough i would sign up to go to war in Iraq

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 03:28 AM
finti

does the cold war count?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 06:35 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

i am directly related to andrew "stonewall" jackson.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 06:36 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tied Hiker
Restricted

Account Restricted

My great grand father was an Irish messenger who helped start the IRA. Then he migrated to the US and my grandfather was the leader of a squadron in the Air Force. He fought in WWII and was demoted once he tested positive for being color blind.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 06:39 AM
Tied Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tied Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tied Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

My grandfather was in WWII, he was shot in the foot.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 06:45 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote