KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Pit Bulls...America's most hated dog

Pit Bulls...America's most hated dog
Started by: Raisen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raisen

Pit Bulls...America's most hated dog

I've have pits off and on my entire life. I've also had two labs, dachshund, basset hound, golden retriever, staffie, boxer, and a chihuhua.

Who's had a pit and what do you think?

Who likes/doesn't like them and why?

What are your perceptions of the character of the breed?

I know A LOT about dog breeds. I have some connections with professional breeders and trainers alike. I'm interested in what people think.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 09:34 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

These dogs are not for the pits.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 09:36 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
These dogs are not for the pits.

huh?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 09:37 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Raisen
huh?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 09:41 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

it's just not really funny tho.

no offense but all your humor is severly outdated.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 09:42 PM
Flyattractor

I prefer to think of it as VINTAGE!

And Pits make Ok Dog, just as long as thier stupid owners remember these are Powerful dogs.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 09:46 PM
Raisen

I prefer to think of it as VINTAGE!

And Pits make Ok Dog, just as long as thier stupid owners remember these are Powerful dogs.

they're some of the best hog dogs.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 09:47 PM
Flyattractor

Depends on the buns.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 09:49 PM
Raisen

Depends on the buns.

oh man. this corniness is too much bro.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 09:50 PM
Flyattractor

Do you need a scarecrow?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 09:52 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The stigma pitbulls have is very unfair and sad. All the pitbulls I've ever met were sweet loving dogs no more aggressive than any other. It just comes down to training and the home they come from.

Most of the time, don't blame the dog, blame the owner.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 11:12 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

True'er word have never been spoken....and by a Mod No Less!?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 11:14 PM
Raisen

Originally posted by BackFire
The stigma pitbulls have is very unfair and sad. All the pitbulls I've ever met were sweet loving dogs no more aggressive than any other. It just comes down to training and the home they come from.

Most of the time, don't blame the dog, blame the owner.

now we have bsl where neighbors snitch people out for having pit bull looking dogs. it's sad. pit bulls are victims or inner city ghetto breeding

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 11:17 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

They are victims. The stigma pushes many of them into a vicious cycle where families do not want them, so they have trouble finding good homes, and so they end up being taken by assholes running dog fighting rings.

Put a pitbull in a good home early on and he'll be as kind and sweet as any other dog.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 11:50 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by BackFire
They are victims. The stigma pushes many of them into a vicious cycle where families do not want them, so they have trouble finding good homes, and so they end up being taken by assholes running dog fighting rings.

Put a pitbull in a good home early on and he'll be as kind and sweet as any other dog.

exactly. like my boys. as I described earlier I've had lots of breeds. i'm a dog person. pits are very good family dogs if given the proper home. I don't crop their ears or dock their tails. I keep them natural. just awesome dogs all around. so are labs. I've had the most problems with boxers...they are great dogs but the energy is too much

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 12:01 AM
Raisen

Rusty and Biscuit. Rusty is the 100lb+orange pit and biscuit is the 70lb+ tri color

on my recining couch

Attachment: thumbnail_20150424_233848.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 12:11 AM
Raisen

Biscuit after a wash

Attachment: thumbnail_08a86df40e0e09ea34a99c70d36f7297.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 12:12 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Raisen
Rusty and Biscuit. Rusty is the 100lb+orange pit and biscuit is the 70lb+ tri color

on my recining couch

Awww those faces... they just say..."once he falls asleep, we steal his car"

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 12:13 AM
Raisen

Awww those faces... they just say..."once he falls asleep, we steal his car"

those are my boys but the smartest dog I ever had was Bear, the 105 lb yellow lab. labs are just too easy. pits are good but they are very jealous sometimes and they are hard headed

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 12:16 AM
Flyattractor

Yep. Had a few Lab in the day. Fun dog. Almost picked up a Rescue Mutt at a garage sale on sat-day but someone else got to him first.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 12:17 AM