KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Greatest Chops?

Greatest Chops?
Started by: bluewaterrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bluewaterrider

Greatest Chops?

The following comic characters are noted for unusual and/or prolific consumptive feats. Which, in your opinion, is most formidable as either an opponent or in an eating contest, relative to size or on an absolute scale, and why?

Big Head (a.k.a. The Mask)

Ego, the Living Planet

Galactus

Lobo

Matter-Eater Lad (pre-Crisis)

Matter-Eater Lad (post-Crisis)

Superboy Prime

Tasmanian Devil

(please log in to view the image)

Unicron (The Transformers)

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 12:24 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Matter Eater Lad.

As a bonus we get to see some Reed Richards level dickishness on Brainiac 5's part.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 01:12 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

How did Lobo get on this list?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:02 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
How did Lobo get on this list?

Believe it or not, in his early days, Lobo once compressed and then swallowed a city in one bite. I'm nearly 100% certain that feat has been retconned, and I declined to post it, 'cause it's not all that kid-friendly, but you can find it easily enough by visiting most any Lobo respect thread.

2. Good find, Riv! Consumption of the Miracle Machine was exactly the showing I was thinking of for old-style M.E.Lad. I've always wondered what happened to he and Braniac after that storyline, but I've never discovered the answer. Even that particular issue I'm told never had a reprint and is difficult to find. I presume someone was clever enough to help them both "get better" at some later point in the series, though. Can't imagine that would have been the final issue for either character.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:46 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Galactus.

His hunger is basically never ending.

He swallows whole worlds and simply doesnt satisfy him.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:27 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by bluewaterrider

Believe it or not, in his early days, Lobo once compressed and then swallowed a city in one bite. I'm nearly 100% certain that feat has been retconned, and I declined to post it, 'cause it's not all that kid-friendly, but you can find it easily enough by visiting most any Lobo respect thread.

2. Good find, Riv! Consumption of the Miracle Machine was exactly the showing I was thinking of for old-style M.E.Lad. I've always wondered what happened to he and Braniac after that storyline, but I've never discovered the answer. Even that particular issue I'm told never had a reprint and is difficult to find. I presume someone was clever enough to help them both "get better" at some later point in the series, though. Can't imagine that would have been the final issue for either character.

He had the fragment of the MM within him for some time. Went mad, and gradually came back as he digested it.

Was a reality warper for a bit due to it.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:36 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Does Matter Eater Lad have a limit?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:39 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Does Matter Eater Lad have a limit?

quote:

Silver Age Matter Eater Lad
The shortest section, due to his lack of appearances. We have all seen him eating the Miracle Machine (note: it’s supposedly indestructible, according to Omega):
http://postimg.org/image/3ye57jnyr/
http://postimg.org/image/lzxa5chzn/

He’s able to digest it – AND it’s incredible alien energies. The Miracle Machine, incidentally, is able to rewrite reality:
http://postimg.org/image/i7drpm2hf/

And was used to destroy universes:
http://postimg.org/image/mrzy4jm6r/

But so what? How durable is this little gadget?
http://postimg.org/image/60a181wk3/

Yeah, PC Superboy and Ultra Boy, couldn’t dent it. All their energies combined, couldn’t hurt it.

And ME Lad ate it.

Energy? He can eat it too:
http://postimg.org/image/cmwp18e8j/

He also, independently of Bizarro, has his own form of superspeed:
http://postimg.org/image/4jyipwtn7/

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:41 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So I'm gonna say no.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:43 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by bluewaterrider

Thanks, man. Glad to help.

Nice Lobo info from you, i'd never heard that.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:43 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

The real answer is the Hunger. This creature consumed entire realities. None on this list even begins to compare.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 12:50 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Nowhere near the ones already listed, but I feel Volstagg needs a shout out.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:06 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:27 AM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So I'm gonna say no.

Oh ok. But does he eat ass tho shifty

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 02:12 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by tkitna
Nowhere near the ones already listed, but I feel Volstagg needs a shout out.

NOOICE!!! eek!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:51 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Oh ok. But does he eat ass tho shifty

Of course he does. Didn't you see the look on his face? The glint in his eyes?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 10:40 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolverineX25
Weapon X

My vote would have been for Thanos for obvious reasons, but since he's not on the list, I have to go with Galactus:

Galactus was instrumental in the defeat of the Annihilation Wave and defend the Universe on more than once occasion. He defeated Tyrant when even Thanos, Silver Surfer, Jack of Hearts, Gladiator and other power houses were unable to.

Galactus destroyed the Ultimate Universe and subdued "Gah Lak Tus" who was virtually unstoppable in its respective universe.

Galactus has been one of the few entities to survive direction assaults from the Phoenix Force for the longest period of time.

Galactus was able to infiltrate the Realm of Aggomoto to retrieve Dr. Strange during the Infinity War.

He is supposed to be a Universe-Level Powerhouse, but his influence extends beyond one universe. In proportion to his place in the cosmic hierarchy he has been most impressive in my opinion.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 02:55 AM
WolverineX25 is currently offline Click here to Send WolverineX25 a Private Message Find more posts by WolverineX25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Nibbler from Futurama.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 05:53 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote