KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Future of the democratic party is.... white guys?

Future of the democratic party is.... white guys?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Future of the democratic party is.... white guys?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...y-is-white-men/

A somewhat older piece (August makes it old news already) from 538 on the democratic path to electorial dominance.

Essentially, it talks about capturing the white voters of both Obama and Trump with four "Obama like" white men (In presentation, social class, ect..), instead of the black voters who stayed at home on election day.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 01:56 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Unless you want to work for the DNC, then they want nothing to do with White Men.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 02:08 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Think it's women myself. Tulsi Gabbard, Kamala Harris, and some others.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:04 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

That sounds like a terrible idea. If the DNC and media had a shred of self-control there'd be no problem with it, but I get the sense that if they run a woman for president they'll milk the first female president card so much they look like a bunch of identitarian ideologues.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:12 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
That sounds like a terrible idea. If the DNC and media had a shred of self-control there'd be no problem with it, but I get the sense that if they run a woman for president they'll milk the first female president card so much they look like a bunch of identitarian ideologues.

Good thing they’d never do that, especially if said woman was a sleazy career politician.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:58 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The historical aspect can be a boon if the person is an otherwise solid candidate. Worked well for Obama.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 05:07 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

fcking dumbasses

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 11:42 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
fcking dumbasses

What?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 11:45 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Either the two of us for saying the DNC will **** things up with identity politics, or the democrats for wanting to try and get white votes.

Which I mean I find it funny how some people will cheer when politicians pander to women or racial minorities, but when you pander to the dreaded white male you're being racist and sexist.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 03:16 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed and the MOMENT they do that, they are not to be taken seriously.

Our country is in a state right now where we do not need to worry about diversity quotas in the white house. What is between someones legs is irrelevant.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

IOW: "If the Democrats run a woman, it's just because she has a vagina and they're trying to play identity and diversity politics."

Yup, there's absolutely no way that said woman candidate might just be you know, qualified and the smartest choice of the lot? You people are retarded. Lolz.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
IOW: "If the Democrats run a woman, it's just because she has a vagina and they're trying to play identity and diversity politics."

Yup, there's absolutely no way that said woman candidate might just be you know, qualified and the smartest choice of the lot? You people are retarded. Lolz.

This is perfect Rob on display. To a tee. He did not say if they run a woman it automatically means it is because she has a vagina. He said he feels if they do they will try to pull the "first female president" card in order to boost her chances.

He is saying they will try to use identity politics in order to help achieve victory. Did you truly not grasp that? He specifically says they will be milking it, he does not say "if they run a woman it's cuz vagina!".

Make me understand how you didn't get that? Did you not read his post thoroughly? Is it just you trolling?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

No they very well could be. The point I'm making is that they'd pick a qualified woman candidate, and then undercut their own chances by talking about how anyone who doesn't vote for her is a sexist and how we need to break the glass ceiling or whatever.

Qualified candidate or not, I certainly don't have enough faith in the self-control of either democratic party or the media to not constantly play the identity card.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:25 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
This is perfect Rob on display. To a tee. He did not say if they run a woman it automatically means it is because she has a vagina. He said he feels if they do they will try to pull the "first female president" card in order to boost her chances.

He is saying they will try to use identity politics in order to help achieve victory. Did you truly not grasp that? He specifically says they will be milking it, he does not say "if they run a woman it's cuz vagina!".

Make me understand how you didn't get that? Did you not read his post thoroughly? Is it just you trolling?

^

Classic Surtur poisoning the well.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

No they very well could be. The point I'm making is that they'd pick a qualified woman candidate, and then undercut their own chances by talking about how anyone who doesn't vote for her is a sexist and how we need to break the glass ceiling or whatever.

Qualified candidate or not, I certainly don't have enough faith in the self-control of either democratic party or the media to not constantly play the identity card.

Not really, but you're free to imagine that scenario while also ignoring that some people would indeed not vote for a woman simply because she's a woman; this is reality. Sexism does indeed exist.

And if the Republicans ran a woman? How does that play out?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:41 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So by pointing out you were wrong...and nobody said the things you say they said, I have poisoned the well?

Oh leftists.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:45 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Not really, but you're free to imagine that scenario while also ignoring that some people would indeed not vote for a woman simply because she's a woman; this is reality. Sexism does indeed exist.

Yes sexism does exist, and there's also people that would vote for a woman simply because she's a woman, what's your point? There's sexists out there, but the idea that accusations of sexism should be used as a cudgel to try and guilt people into voting for her is bullshit.

Like Hillary blaming sexism for her loss is retarded.

And if the Republicans ran a woman? How does that play out?

I think the media would conveniently stop caring about her being a woman tbh, since there are a lot of people who identify as a part of the feminist movement that would conveniently drop support for a woman for committing the crime of wrong think.

Get some candidate whose republican and pro-life and I doubt you'll get the MSM or larger feminist movement blithering on about how if she won it would be some triumph for all women. I mean shit, did the identity politics crowd care about Ben Carson being black?

I'm calling it like I see it given the absurd and ridiculous behavior of the DNC and MSM recently where they're clearly failing to learn from the fact that Donald Trump won the 2016 election. I'd actually like to be proven wrong on this in 2020, but until then I'm not holding out much hope.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:57 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I owe you an apology, I started out too strong, so my bad, DMB. We don't often agree, but you're usually cordial regardless.

Clinton says a lot of stupid things, sexism while I'm sure it played a part in her losing in the form of some votes, isn't why she lost. Just like Obama lost some votes (and I'm sure gained some votes) due to his skin color, but he didn't win just because he was the black guy running. His people ran a great campaign.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 05:01 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes sexism does exist, and there's also people that would vote for a woman simply because she's a woman, what's your point? There's sexists out there, but the idea that accusations of sexism should be used as a cudgel to try and guilt people into voting for her is bullshit.

This seems to be the difference in politicians on both sides. Most republicans do not see the Democrats as these inhuman monsters. The Democrats, on the other hand...just look at their rhetoric lol. Look at the ad attacking Gillespie that had a supporter of his chasing down minority children in a frickin truck. They accuse republicans of being murderers for being against frickin Obamacare.

It's insanity. They TRULY believe these things. That is what they truly think of Gillespie voters.

quote:
Like Hillary blaming sexism for her loss is retarded.

Bingo. I'm also curious if these same people think sexism is the reason Marine Le Pen lost in France.

quote:
I think the media would conveniently stop caring about her being a woman tbh, since there are a lot of people who identify as a part of the feminist movement that would conveniently drop support for a woman for committing the crime of wrong think.

Get some candidate whose republican and pro-life and I doubt you'll get the MSM or larger feminist movement blithering on about how if she won it would be some triumph for all women. I mean shit, did the identity politics crowd care about Ben Carson being black?

I'm calling it like I see it given the absurd and ridiculous behavior of the DNC and MSM recently where they're clearly failing to learn from the fact that Donald Trump won the 2016 election. I'd actually like to be proven wrong on this in 2020, but until then I'm not holding out much hope.

It is odd to me anyone could think the Dems wouldn't try to use identity politics in order to help win the presidency. They literally did that in the last election lol.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 05:02 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I owe you an apology, I started out too strong, so my bad, DMB. We don't often agree, but you're usually cordial regardless.

Clinton says a lot of stupid things, sexism while I'm sure it played a part in her losing in the form of some votes, isn't why she lost. Just like Obama lost some votes (and I'm sure gained some votes) due to his skin color, but he didn't win just because he was the black guy running. His people ran a great campaign.

Yeah, but sexism isn't why she lost either.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 05:04 PM