KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Marvel crosses 5 billion mark domestically

Marvel crosses 5 billion mark domestically
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Marvel crosses 5 billion mark domestically

https://screenrant.com/marvel-cinem...tic-box-office/

Pay your respects to the superior Marvel cinematic universes feat.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 02:32 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

DC might surpass that in 13 more movies.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 03:24 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

DC isn't even close to Marvel in any way, shape or form.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 03:28 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

DC has the higher average per movie.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 03:34 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
DC has the higher average per movie.
Dc has more icons and inflation takes place every single year. Quit ignoring these variables. DC is underperforming based on expectations.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 03:40 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by quanchi112
Dc has more icons and inflation takes place every single year. Quit ignoring these variables. DC is underperforming based on expectations.
First you say DC isn't close to Marvel in any way shape or form, then you say DC has more icons.

Make up your mind kid.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 03:46 PM
quanchi112
Disney

First you say DC isn't close to Marvel in any way shape or form, then you say DC has more icons.

Make up your mind kid.
Batman no Superman are icons but in terms of cinema Marvel is leaps and bounds superior in every way save the notoriety from the past of these icons. We see that despite two icons of DCs they couldn't even out gross Cap Civil War. Times have changed. Marvel is outright dominating them to the point Henry Cavill even agrees publicly.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 03:51 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Marvel is not better than DC. Kevin Feige is better than WB management.

If 10 years ago you put Feige in charge of the DC braintrust instead of Marvel then the DCEU would be amazing and Marvel would be nowhere

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 04:35 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

And 12 billion world wide.

Lots of money for sure.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 04:42 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

What'll be crazy to see is that I'm guessing Thor: Ragnarok is going to outgross Justice League. SMH, how WB, how did they mess this up after dominating the superhero film industry and setting the comic book movie standard for decades (from the Superman serials to Chris Reeve to Burton's Batman to Nolan's TDK Trilogy).

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 05:53 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Thor will do well but it won't gross more than JL

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 06:22 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by playa1258
I don't know man, Thor is kicking ass.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 06:29 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Thor is right on target for over $800 million WW.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 06:34 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I bet it gets closer to 900 when it's all said and done. Justice League isn't guaranteed to make more than BvS.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 07:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
https://screenrant.com/marvel-cinem...tic-box-office/

Pay your respects to the superior Marvel cinematic universes feat.

This doesn't show superiority. If the MCU and DCEU both had an equal amount of movies that had been released this might mean something.

Instead of just being happy for Marvel you had to celebrate a triumph that literally does not exist.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 07:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Surtur
This doesn't show superiority. If the MCU and DCEU both had an equal amount of movies that had been released this might mean something.

Instead of just being happy for Marvel you had to celebrate a triumph that literally does not exist.
Just shows how single minded this guy is.

I mean he's shitting all over Justice League and the movie isn't even out yet.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 07:55 PM
Senor Cage

DCEU will surpass that number.

quote:

Lindsay
Lindsay
@Steele131
DCEU Average Grosses (4 films)
Domestic - 336M
Worldwide - 770M

MCU Average Grosses (16 films)
Domestic - 307M
Worldwide - 778M

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 08:03 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

I bet it gets closer to 900 when it's all said and done. Justice League isn't guaranteed to make more than BvS.
It won't hit $ 900 million but $800 is looking good.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 08:18 PM
John Murdoch

Originally posted by playa1258

I suppose it depends on the quality. I liked BvS, but it was critically-smashed and divided with the audience, but I thought it was a billion-dollar film for sure. The fact that it wasn't is unfathomable to me in this time of comic book film interest being at its peak.

Also, I loved Man of Steel. Still think it's one of the best comic book movies ever, up there but still behind Chris Reeve's first two efforts. Thought Suicide Squad was entertaining, but had a horrible plot and editing. Haven't seen Wonder Woman yet. And to tell the truth, I've at least liked, if not enjoyed thoroughly, all of Snyder's films from Dawn of the Dead 2004 onward, Sucker Punch included.

I hope the DCEU does well, but it's quality, with the exception of Man of Steel and possibly Wonder Woman (again, haven't seen it), is so far below Nolan's, Donner's, Burton's, and Paul Dini/Bruce Timm's runs in film and TV animation that it bamboozles me how WB hasn't captured that for comic book film's renaissance currently happening.

That's why I make the statement that Justice League won't beat Thor: Ragnarok. Marvel/Disney have cracked the code, and Wonder Woman is DC/WB's one massive success. If Justice League can piggyback off WW, ya it should beat Ragnarok; if it sticks to the BvS route, ain't happenin'.

EDIT: Adding a TL;DR: MCU has a proven track record, DCEU still has to prove WW wasn't a one-trick pony in its catalog, thus my prediction for Thor: Ragnarok beating Justice League.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 08:27 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by John Murdoch
I suppose it depends on the quality. I liked BvS, but it was critically-smashed and divided with the audience, but I thought it was a billion-dollar film for sure. The fact that it wasn't is unfathomable to me in this time of comic book film interest being at its peak.

Also, I loved Man of Steel. Still think it's one of the best comic book movies ever, up there but still behind Chris Reeve's first two efforts. Thought Suicide Squad was entertaining, but had a horrible plot and editing. Haven't seen Wonder Woman yet. And to tell the truth, I've at least liked, if not enjoyed thoroughly, all of Snyder's films from Dawn of the Dead 2004 onward, Sucker Punch included.

I hope the DCEU does well, but it's quality, with the exception of Man of Steel and possibly Wonder Woman (again, haven't seen it), is so far below Nolan's, Donner's, Burton's, and Paul Dini/Bruce Timm's runs in film and TV animation that it bamboozles me how WB hasn't captured that for comic book film's renaissance currently happening.

That's why I make the statement that Justice League won't beat Thor: Ragnarok. Marvel/Disney have cracked the code, and Wonder Woman is DC/WB's one massive success. If Justice League can piggyback off WW, ya it should beat Ragnarok; if it sticks to the BvS route, ain't happenin'.

Pre-sales numbers are bigger than Thor or Spider-man homecoming. It will beat it at OW AT least.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 08:29 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote