KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Disney plan to make movies beyond the Sequels

Disney plan to make movies beyond the Sequels
Started by: Beniboybling

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Disney plan to make movies beyond the Sequels

So this probably won't come as a suprise to most, but Bob Iger has confirmed they will continue making movies after the Sequel trilogy and Anthology films:

http://www.slashfilm.com/future-star-wars-movies/

Can't say I'm really keen on the idea tbh, thoughts?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 06:45 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm all for it. I just want a break between 9 and 10. And if Disney want to keep pumping out movies during that time they could easily go with a KotOR-esque trilogy; which could perhaps set an altogether new saga.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 06:55 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, it doesn't surprise me. It all comes down to keeping the quality up. And they'll have to be clever, if quality drops and it becomes casual then maybe box office results drop.

We'll have to wait and see how they do on the next four or five movies.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 08:32 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Who was that guy from the LucasArts team that said you probably won't live to see the last Star Wars film?

Cuz holy f*ck. That's either the strangest death threat I've ever heard or the saddest prediction for the franchise I've ever heard.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Yeah I read that... Weirrrrd...

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 09:26 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Well, it doesn't surprise me. It all comes down to keeping the quality up. And they'll have to be clever, if quality drops and it becomes casual then maybe box office results drop.

We'll have to wait and see how they do on the next four or five movies.
That's my worry, Star Wars isn't just something you can mass produce, if you want it to be any good.

I certainly can't see this kind of process producing OT level quality. But perhaps that isn't possible anymore...

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 11:01 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Who knows. I'm sure we'll see with the next two movies.

Oh... and about quality issues... there was once such a thing as the PT. wink

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 05:26 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Beniboybling
That's my worry, Star Wars isn't just something you can mass produce, if you want it to be any good.
"We're in the money. Come on my honey..."

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Kaaaaah... ching!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 08:02 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Lol fair enough, though at least with the PT it brought a lot of new concepts.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 09:24 AM
queeq
Chaos

Yeah, we talked about that. Not sure if they were an improvement, ya know.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 11:03 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Some were improvements, other were unnecesary and confusing.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 11:23 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Quite.

My hopes are for EPVIII and IX. With the tone and feel reset I hope they will explore new depths and new directions with SW.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 12:16 PM
Darth Thor

My hopes are for Episode 8 to copy the plot of ESB. I want another "I am your Father" moment. And my hopes for Episode 9 is that it is a replica of ROTJ with a 2nd Starkiler base.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 12:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Well when I said concepts I guess I meant more setting, characters, and other material. It significantly expanded the universe so to speak. Like George said it was at the very least original, rather than a "retro" movie.
Originally posted by Darth Thor
My hopes are for Episode 8 to copy the plot of ESB. I want another "I am your Father" moment. And my hopes for Episode 9 is that it is a replica of ROTJ with a 2nd Starkiler base.
lmao

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 01:08 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, there were a lot of other planets, and some characters. But to me it didn't feel like the universe became a lot bigger. All we got extra was some Jedi. Boring Jedi as well.

Other character were highly forgettable: Dooku, Grievous, the TF... A lot of stuff, but little substance.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 04:52 PM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

They should be spin off solo films and not a whole new story.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 09:34 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

I don't like this! I worry Star Warsnis no longer going to be special cuz Disney are just milking the cow with it.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2016 09:50 AM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

There's chance of that happening, yes.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2016 10:28 AM
Darth Thor

Well it works for Marvel. But I guess they have 50years of comic books and countless loved characters to draw from for story ideas and character plots.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2016 03:14 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote