KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Kingkiller Chronicle

Kingkiller Chronicle
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Kingkiller Chronicle

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10...hronicle-series

It's going to take place generations before the events of the novels. Not sure how I feel about that but hopefully it means they'll adapt the novels towards the end in the last few seasons.

Rothfuss is also part of the show as a producer :/ (surprise, making a prequel show before his next and last book that everyone's been waiting for). I'm excited though I'm not sure how well things will translate. The book lore isn't as expansive as something like ASOIAF and the actual books themselves are pretty slow placed at times so I've got to wonder how they'll make it work.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 09:29 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

What tf does any of that even mean?

PWNT

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:28 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Meh.

And I say that as a big fan of the books. It's just them trying to find the next GoT-style franchise, and they have literally nothing to base it off of if they aren't doing the books. Interesting as they are, the books are a personal narrative, not a world-building adventure. I'm not surprised at this announcement, but it's a bit disappointing, and no more newsworthy than if any other generic fantasy show had just been announced. If this spurs on the development of Book 3, though, that will be something. But I'm unlikely to want to watch the show.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 10:48 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

It could be great, of course, which would make me very happy, but I'd much rather Rothfuss just sits his ass down in a chair and finish book flippin three.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 06:17 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, everything's a spin-off, tie-in orgy of money-grabbing BS these days. I'm never starting a series again in my life unless it's already finished when I begin.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 07:21 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

depends if I like the cast

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 02:30 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

So it basically has nothing to do with the books.

Neat.

Anyway, I just want the last book to come it already.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 05:57 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

never heard of this. I read the wiki and it doesn't sound like it would translate well. I'll check it out tho, 'cause I'm not a jaded nerd.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 08:19 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
never heard of this. I read the wiki and it doesn't sound like it would translate well. I'll check it out tho, 'cause I'm not a jaded nerd.
Lmao @ your avi and sig

About time someone started rocking Kite Man

PWNT

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 06:12 PM
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
Uh...yea you are.

We all are.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 04:37 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote