KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Alice (Resident Evil) VS Selene (Underworld)

Alice VS Selene. Who wins?
This poll is closed.
Alice 3 50.00%
Selene 3 50.00%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Alice (Resident Evil) VS Selene (Underworld)
Started by: DdandingD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DdandingD

Smile Alice (Resident Evil) VS Selene (Underworld)

This topic has existed for a long time.

The more I think about it, the more it seems that this is a mismatch.

Alice from Resident Evil movies VS Selene the vampire from Underworld, it's fun to think about it nonetheless.

The Umbrella Corporation develops bio-weapons including the T-virus which infects humans and therefore contaminates a major food source for the vampires. So Umbrella and the vampire coven clash. One day, Alice, an elite soldier working for Umbrella, encounters Selene, the most lethal Death Dealer of the vampire coven. The two engage in a death battle...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 03:15 AM
DdandingD is currently offline Click here to Send DdandingD a Private Message Find more posts by DdandingD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I vote Alice.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 03:18 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Is this Selene from Blood Wars? Because if so she's more powerful than any version of Alice. And Alice has been without powers since the third movie or so.

Oh, and as Alice's weapons won't do anything to Selene. So it's a human fighting a Vampire-Immortal Hybrid with Undead Ghost powers.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 05:20 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

It's fairly easy to call imo. If this is Alice with her powers and confident she wins, her damage output would eventually overwhelm Selene. If this is Alice without her power Selene wins by basically being better in every area. Especially if it's Blood Wars Selene.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 08:46 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Utrigita
It's fairly easy to call imo. If this is Alice with her powers and confident she wins, her damage output would eventually overwhelm Selene. If this is Alice without her power Selene wins by basically being better in every area. Especially if it's Blood Wars Selene.

Even if Alice had her powers, Selene is intangible when she wants, and can basically teleport on top of her already highly enhanced speed. SHe wouldn't even be able to hit Selene.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 01:49 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by KingD19
Even if Alice had her powers, Selene is intangible when she wants, and can basically teleport on top of her already highly enhanced speed. SHe wouldn't even be able to hit Selene.

I don't recall her going Intangible at all in Bloodwars. I recall her teleporting and her enhanced speed, but I was rather confident that Alice with her powers would be able to keep up. Especially the scene with the guard she affected, without seeing him, left me certain she would have the fight if powers was involved because Selene could move as fast as she wanted, and Alice would still be able to affect her, as long as she could "sense" her.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 02:05 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I agree.

Alice without powers loses.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 02:28 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I don't recall her going Intangible at all in Bloodwars. I recall her teleporting and her enhanced speed, but I was rather confident that Alice with her powers would be able to keep up. Especially the scene with the guard she affected, without seeing him, left me certain she would have the fight if powers was involved because Selene could move as fast as she wanted, and Alice would still be able to affect her, as long as she could "sense" her.

Several of her teleports seemed to be directly through attacks. Even if she isn't, she's far too fast for Alice to effect. Unless you can show proof of Alice reacting to teleport+ speeds as Selene already had several speed feats that seemed to be teleportion.

And what proof is there she can sense Selene who is an immortal vampire who has gone through a death ritual. That's a far cry from a person.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 02:30 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Several of her teleports seemed to be directly through attacks. Even if she isn't, she's far too fast for Alice to effect. Unless you can show proof of Alice reacting to teleport+ speeds as Selene already had several speed feats that seemed to be teleportion.

And what proof is there she can sense Selene who is an immortal vampire who has gone through a death ritual. That's a far cry from a person.

Wesker with the syrum is faster than bullets!

Power Alice is fast enough to dodge and counteract her.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 02:43 PM
Utrigita

IIRC Alice used her power to deflect gun fire at one point, with her powers. But I will also admit that the speed/teleport whatever Selene displayed, especially in her last fight with Marius was insane. The only opponent with similar degrees of speed (moving in a blur) that Alice has fought is Wesker.

My take on the scene with the guard was that Alice "sensed" his presence. Given that Selene is on the field, they are engaging and they are fighting, I don't see how Alice won't be able to "sense" Selene. But I admit it's just my take, could also be the surveillance camera playing a role with the guard.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 06:27 AM
DdandingD

Let's suppose Alice has her powers.

PS: Gosh! There is a trilogy of Alice VS Selene videos on YouTube. But I can't post the links here until I've made 100+ posts. sad

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 08:26 AM
DdandingD is currently offline Click here to Send DdandingD a Private Message Find more posts by DdandingD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

IIRC Alice used her power to deflect gun fire at one point, with her powers. But I will also admit that the speed/teleport whatever Selene displayed, especially in her last fight with Marius was insane. The only opponent with similar degrees of speed (moving in a blur) that Alice has fought is Wesker.

My take on the scene with the guard was that Alice "sensed" his presence. Given that Selene is on the field, they are engaging and they are fighting, I don't see how Alice won't be able to "sense" Selene. But I admit it's just my take, could also be the surveillance camera playing a role with the guard.

thumb up

Alice also fought Websker without her powers and still manage to stay on top.

Power Alice is just too Bad Ass.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 03:55 PM