KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Knowing exposing others to HIV is no longer a felony in California

Knowing exposing others to HIV is no longer a felony in California
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Knowing exposing others to HIV is no longer a felony in California

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:26 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

insane

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:26 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also includes people who donate blood and do not disclose they have HIV. Just awesome. I know some leftist here will try to defend this, I know it. I await the insanity.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

HIV The Disease of Love.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:30 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Some interesting points in that article.

"HIV has been the only communicable disease for which exposure is a felony under California law. The current law, Wiener argued, may convince people not to be tested for HIV, because without a test they cannot be charged with a felony if they expose a partner to the infection."

Why is HIV the only one where it's a felony? Seems dumb. If anything they should make intentionally exposing people to any serious infectious disease a felony.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:30 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Some interesting points in that article.

"HIV has been the only communicable disease for which exposure is a felony under California law. The current law, Wiener argued, may convince people not to be tested for HIV, because without a test they cannot be charged with a felony if they expose a partner to the infection."

Why is HIV the only one where it's a felony? Seems dumb. If anything they should make intentionally exposing people to any serious infectious disease a felony.

Do you think intentionally exposing someone to HIV should be a felony?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:31 PM
BackFire

Yes I do. I think if anything it should be expanded to include other diseases.

That said, I do also see how it could be difficult to prosecute. It would essentially be one person's word against the other's. How do you really prove that one person didn't consent to intercourse even after being told?

Last edited by BackFire on Oct 15th, 2017 at 10:36 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:33 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

That I agree with.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:35 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now in California you can potentially suffer more from using the wrong pronoun than you could intentionally infecting someone with HIV.

Why does this state deserve to be taken seriously?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:37 PM
Flyattractor

Sadly the Pronoun Misuse will probably become a Felony but the HIV thing won't.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:39 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What boggles the mind is how these people see themselves as morally superior to everyone else lol.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:40 PM
Flyattractor

Being a Hypocrite takes care of that.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:42 PM
BackFire

You have to take the good with the bad with Cali unfortunately. We may have some weird/dumb laws pass, but also some good ones pass as well.

For instance, recently it was signed into law that it is no longer legal for pet stores to sell dogs that they bought from puppy mills. All dogs must now be rescue dogs.

Also the first year of community college is now free from tuition.

Also weed is legal, or will be soon, I guess.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:46 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I saw the pet stuff, that is cool, but it's kinda pointless when you live in a state you can go to jail for using the wrong pronoun.

Let us hope the new pet owners don't think the wrong thoughts or say the wrong things.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:47 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Only in California. Insane. Please make sure your partner signs a disclosure form before 'mingling'.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:58 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
Do you think intentionally exposing someone to HIV should be a felony?

Yes I do. I think if anything it should be expanded to include other diseases.

That said, I do also see how it could be difficult to prosecute. It would essentially be one person's word against the other's. How do you really prove that one person didn't consent to intercourse even after being told?

Originally posted by Flyattractor
That I agree with.

I enjoyed reading this very short conversation. Great point from Backfire and Surtur's concern is satisfactorily addressed. Every one of us agrees with Backfire.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 11:02 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by dadudemon
I Every one of us agrees with Backfire.

Yes It does sound HORRIBLE don't it.

cool

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 11:04 PM
BackFire

I'm glad you all agree with my point that having sex with corpses should remain legal and federally funded.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 11:06 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just await someone to defend this. Knowing this board I think there are some who would agree, I wonder if they will come out and admit it.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 11:06 PM
dadudemon

You have to take the good with the bad with Cali unfortunately. We may have some weird/dumb laws pass, but also some good ones pass as well.

Right. Off topic, but I like the law about what overtime really is. More than 8 hours, overtime. Instead of more than 40 hours, it's more than 8 hours in a day.

This stopped some very abusive practices and almost gerrymandering-like schedule packing and cracking to skirt around the 40 hour overtime cutoff.

I had to deal with the 8 hour rule when standing up an IT Site in LA. We had to do scheduling for a very large IT contract of the Federal Government. No overtime was allowed on the contract because the federal government peeps didn't want to pay it. So I had to staff in a way that satisfied the labor laws in all 3 sites I stood up.

It was certainly a logic puzzle of f*ckering in the beginning. But after I saw how abusive some of the other contracts could get with their 40 hour work week, it made sense. One of my employees, after someone reported the abusive cracking and packing of the schedules to get around the 40 hour a week limit, actually got a $6000 paycheck for back pay on overtime worked. He was a good employee. Came into work, did his job, and went home. But his time was certainly abused to get around the 40 hour thing.

So, yes, I agree with the 8 hour rule that CA has. It is a labor law put into place to protect exploited employees. Can't schedule someone to work two 16 hour days in a row but get around having to pay overtime just because the "work week" started anew! big grin Brilliant and wonderful labor law.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 11:08 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote