KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » What part does smith play in the end?

What part does smith play in the end?
Started by: trav6612

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
trav6612
She is Hot

What part does smith play in the end?

Does anyone know what role Smith will play in the end? I have seen the trailer and his fight with Neo in the rain, but was does that mean?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 07:55 PM
trav6612 is currently offline Click here to Send trav6612 a Private Message Find more posts by trav6612 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

I have no clue, but i like to beleive that it is going to be a major role, one which will decide the outcome of the films. perhaps the results of that battle with Neo is going to be the deciding factor.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 09:19 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
systematicevil
kid tested, mom approved

In a teaser for revolutions during the fight scene between Smith and Neo. it cuts to Morpheus saying that "he fights for us" implying that the final battle for all of humanity will be decided by the outcome to there battle.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 09:59 PM
systematicevil is currently offline Click here to Send systematicevil a Private Message Find more posts by systematicevil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

I would agreee with that, I think smith will play a big role, but what role is the key I think. I think smith has something to do with the end of the matrix.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 09:59 PM
trav6612 is currently offline Click here to Send trav6612 a Private Message Find more posts by trav6612 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kapitan

he has definetly to do something with teh end of the matrix....
The question is what!?

Now he is not longer linked to the system, what are the reasons for to fight neo any longer...
I dont get it, he should be grateful, in my opinion...

But maybe, smith wants power, maybe he has the same power as neo, and he could get the controll of the matrix, exactly as neo....

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 10:09 PM
kapitan is currently offline Click here to Send kapitan a Private Message Find more posts by kapitan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

Could it be possible that Smith copies hiimself over into the architect?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 10:15 PM
systematicevil
kid tested, mom approved

doubtfull, the architect would be too powerful for that to happen. I dont think that we will even see the architect again, hi role is over. Other than the fact that I want to see more of the architect I cant see a reason as of yet to need another scene with him. However I think that the Oracle will provide much more info in the third film. Info that I think will awnser alot of the questions I have about the creation of the Matrix.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 10:22 PM
systematicevil is currently offline Click here to Send systematicevil a Private Message Find more posts by systematicevil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
systematicevil
kid tested, mom approved

come to think of it, knowing that Persephone plays a bigger role in the third film, she may also provide some highly valuable information.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 10:23 PM
trav6612
She is Hot

i would agree about the oracle, how would the matrix then be destroyed? if it isn't through the architect?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 10:23 PM
systematicevil
kid tested, mom approved

the architect isnt ever refered to as the "controller" just the "creator", the matrix is comprised of numerous programs running at one time. Like any huge system, if one of the major programs running is terminated or fails then the whole system will crash.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 10:28 PM
trav6612
She is Hot

Is he a major program? and why is it that he is the one that Neo meets with if he has really no significance?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 10:36 PM
kapitan

uh....
Everything that ever was said in the matrix was true, so why should the architect lie?
mhhhh.....
maybe neo becomes blind.... so he will not see him again!
=)

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 10:56 PM
kapitan is currently offline Click here to Send kapitan a Private Message Find more posts by kapitan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

I don't know about the archietect, but I know Smith and Neo will meet again, why though? What has made smith so bent on killing Neo?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 11:00 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Smith may, in Revolutions, have infected almost all of the Matrix. Maybe that is why the Oracle tells Neo that the only way of survival is corporation.
It still raises the questions:
What does Smith really want?
Can anyone infected by Smith be cured?
I think that the Smith-program has gone “insane”. We already see the beginning of it in the first movie, where he takes his earplug out and goes on about the “stench”. He wanted to get into Zion – well probably not as literally as he then really did it in Reloaded. A program without a programming code. Smith says he wants purpose. Another code? Who has a very powerful code? Neo does. So in Smiths deranged A.I. Neo equals purpose. How do you get to Neo? By any mean necessary.
So Smith may ultimately play the part of the one threat that makes man and machine corporate. I don’t really hope so. It’s squeezing too much out of a grand villain from the first movie.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 11:24 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

You may be right, he could have infected the whole matrix by the way it looks in the trailer for revolutions. But I would agree that would stretch it to far. I think your right Smith is looking for a purpose and maybe he thinks Neo is that purpose, and he won't stop until he kills him.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 11:34 PM