KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Patrice O'Neal

Patrice O'Neal
Started by: Raisen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raisen

Patrice O'Neal

This guy had a very good way of expressing lost common knowledge IMO. He's dead now but I listen to a clip of him every few days on YouTube lately.

Anybody know of him and what are your opinions?

I recommend looking up some of his stand up on YouTube and listening to his stuff on O & A (Opie and Anthony)

https://youtu.be/OpHCsNEyWm4

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 12:18 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

He was great on Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn. A show that got cancelled because Com Cent is run by Leftist No Fun Bags.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 05:43 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Yes, massive fan. Him and Norm Macdonald are my top 2 comedians.. hard to pick between the two.

Definitely my favorite O&A guest.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 09:54 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

he spoke real shiit tho.

his views on male female relationships absolutley works and is counterintuitive.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 10:11 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thanos-prime

Would have bween aweasome had he lived long enough to see the comeback of pc culture.

I would really have liked to hear his opinion on the state of current american politics.

Signature by Willrules

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 10:34 PM
thanos-prime is currently offline Click here to Send thanos-prime a Private Message Find more posts by thanos-prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

@ Raisen

Yea, that's definitely where he shines.

I also love his race discussions with Ant. First 20 minutes of this are hilarious and def worth listening to:

And I just love the chemistry that him, Jim, Rich Vos, Colin, etc had. Mostly people from Tough Crowd. Also Louis CK.

This is a classic roast of an old comedy tape that Rich Vos had. Jim, Patrice, Voss, and some guy named Paul Mecurio spend the entire time tearing into each other. Paul is in a bit over his head here... but he gets a few good ones in. But Patrice and Jim slaughter this shit. And of course, you get to hear Vos being even more terrible as a stand up back in the 80's or whatever. Really good shit for anyone who followed Tough Crowd or O&A.

Last edited by Afro Cheese on Oct 25th, 2017 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 10:35 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

He's great. Took me awhile to figure out why legends like Burr put him on a pedestal. Probably because while his stand up is great he mostly shines when talking sht on the radio/podcasts like O&A show etc. Dude eventually would've been considered the greatest comedians of all time. Shame he died so early.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 06:47 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
He's great. Took me awhile to figure out why legends like Burr put him on a pedestal. Probably because while his stand up is great he mostly shines when talking sht on the radio/podcasts like O&A show etc. Dude eventually would've been considered the greatest comedians of all time. Shame he died so early.

I didn't know Bill Burr was that popular. I enjoy his comedy, but several of my co-workers had no clue who he was.

I must admit I don't know much about Patrice O'neal. I have only seen one of his stand ups. I did enjoy it though.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 07:39 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

quote: (post)
Originally posted by socool8520
I didn't know Bill Burr was that popular. I enjoy his comedy, but several of my co-workers had no clue who he was.

I must admit I don't know much about Patrice O'neal. I have only seen one of his stand ups. I did enjoy it though.

Patrice is not as popular as he should've been. Said so himself on multiple occasions lol. I didn't appreciate him at first, try listening to his O&A aopearances, that's when he's at his best.

Bill's gotten more popular over the last few years, he's no Kevin Heart popular but among the stand up crowds he's the guy people look up to. Have you seen the inaugurtion Joe Rogan podcast/event? Basically several hours of Burr just murdering non-stop whie the rest of the comics sit back and laugh their asses off. And they weren't light weights either. Rogan, Stanhope, Kreischer etc.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 08:42 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Also, this is one of my most favorite things on YouTube of all time.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 08:47 AM