KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Vitiate > Soa confirmed.

Vitiate > Soa confirmed.
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Vitiate > Soa confirmed.

quote:
The great evil sitting at the center of the Eternity Vault is a Force-using Rakata warlord who once brought Korriban to its knees. Now the despot known as "the Infernal One" intends to conquer a galaxy that has forgotten him.
―Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia

Soa is confirmed to be a dark side Force-using Rakata.

Vitiate however is confirmed in the same source to be the most powerful dark side master, and most powerful Force-user in the history of the Old Republic:

quote:
The Sith Emperor, history's most powerful dark side master.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

quote:
The Sith Emperor is the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed. Unless this implacable enemy can be defeated, the Jedi Order is doomed.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

This is incredible given the breadth of Soa's power:

quote:
The Rakata kept most of their prisoners alive on purpose. The Eternity Vault was for the ones they couldn't kill.
― Star Wars: The Old Republic

quote:
The Rakata civilization was powerful beyond measure; the threats they sought to contain in this prison transcended anything the Republic is currently prepared to face.

quote:
"The Rakata known as the Infernal One is a being of terrifying power."

quote:
an ancient and deadly evil that could threaten the galaxy.
- Star Wars The Old Republic Official Website

Keep in mind just how powerful the Rakata were at the pinnacle of their Infinite Empire. Ajunta Pall has stated that the source of his, and his fellow Exiles' power, was the Star Map:

quote:
"We were not the first to fall to the dark side. But we had more power than those before us. It came from elsewhere - our oldest secret. Only we would know, we lords. Only we would know where our power came from. It is a secret of so long ago. I no longer remember. So much power, it is blinding. You must find this place, or have you? Or did you? Or will you? Oh, so many images. I see your heart, human Jedi. I see your power, your pride. You, you will find the old place, the dark place, and you will regret it."
―Ajunta Pall

So the Jedi Exiles were drawing power from this source of energy, meaning it had made the likes of Karness Muur so powerful as to be a near equal with the likes of Darth Krayt.

Yet this source of power was a mere Star Map, which is effectively a mobile phone compared to a nuclear reactor of a Star Forge or Foundry. Despite all of this power, the Rakata were incapable of actually killing Soa. They settled for sealing him within the Eternity Vault, which draws power directly from hyperspace, and could've destroyed numerous star systems if it was overwhelmed.

Soa's own feats are in fact incredible, tearing apart numerous fifty foot statues without gesturing, and launching them with enough force that they destroy part of the massive cage designed to be invincible, whilst said cage is holding him:

(please log in to view the image)

Yet not only is Vitiate more powerful than him, Valkorion would be far more so:

quote:
With each rebirth, he grew stronger. His machinations became grander. The pain and suffering he unleashed became greater. Some believed his ultimate goal was conquest: the complete subjugation of every world, known and unknown. Others believed he sought annihilation: the consumption of every living being in the galaxy, until he alone remained.
- Star Wars The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Thrones

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 04:31 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

TOR threw everything out of wack with regards to the Kotor era and I hate it, because now things don’t add up.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 04:44 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

You could on the off chance, add the WR to that :maybe

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 05:39 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

> multiple fifty foot statues
> shorter than Soa who's, like, 30 feet maybe

I just skimmed through the bunk and I can't help but still notice how dishonest you are.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 06:08 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

He breaks four statues in half and when he's closer to them they have at least 15 feet on him. I didn't spend hours doing this pain in the ass operation to confirm these things, just so you can come in here with your sh!t attitude to try derailing the whole point.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 06:20 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Pretty cool. Though did he live before Adas time? They just seemed to shove Soa somewhere in the past.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 06:42 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

At least 20,000 years prior, apparently.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 07:02 AM
MythLord
Diamond

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
He breaks four statues in half and when he's closer to them they have at least 15 feet on him. I didn't spend hours doing this pain in the ass operation to confirm these things, just so you can come in here with your sh!t attitude to try derailing the whole point.

The poor baby spent hours playing a video game? I feel so sad. sad

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 08:56 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

You spent hours doing an op that takes at worst half an hour to complete?

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 09:55 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by MythLord
The poor baby spent hours playing a video game? I feel so sad. sad

Nice dodge.

The statues in full are roughly 45-50 feet tall and he snapped four of them in half without gesturing.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:02 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The World Razer is trapped in the Eternity Vault? Or is there any reason to believe the same power source is used for all the prisons on Belsavis?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:28 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Nice dodge.

The statues in full are roughly 45-50 feet tall and he snapped four of them in half without gesturing.

It's not a dodge; it's you have no quantifiable proof of the sh!t you're saying. The portions of the statues he lifted aren't 50+ feet tall. Not that it matters, because lifting a lot of stuff is hardly a worthwhile TK feat to begin with.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:33 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The World Razer is trapped in the Eternity Vault? Or is there any reason to believe the same power source is used for all the prisons on Belsavis?

I thought they were both in separate sections of the place?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:42 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

It's not a dodge; it's you have no quantifiable proof of the sh!t you're saying. The portions of the statues he lifted aren't 50+ feet tall. Not that it matters, because lifting a lot of stuff is hardly a worthwhile TK feat to begin with.

So him snapping them in half makes their size irrelevant? They're enormous, given the halves he tore off each appear to be as big as he is. Not to mention he's still restrained by the thing he's attempting to break out of.

He also tears apart the structures of his surroundings too.

They're very impressive feats given the utter ease he appears to do it with.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:46 AM
MythLord
Diamond

They're Maul level feats, honestly.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 12:21 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Please tell me you don't think Maul's scream collapsing the barracks around him is even remotely comparable.

Again, he shows no effort to pull any of this off. Maul ain't got nothing on that.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 12:37 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Man, this is what awaits me lmao

Thank god I started as Cipher Nine

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Please tell me you don't think Maul's scream collapsing the barracks around him is even remotely comparable.

Again, he shows no effort to pull any of this off. Maul ain't got nothing on that.

Maul collapsing the barracks while a teen is actually better than lifting a bunch of statues and throwing them.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:29 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Why is losing to a bunch of randoms something to praise when it happens in TOR again?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:45 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Maul collapsing the barracks while a teen is actually better than lifting a bunch of statues and throwing them.

what

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 04:58 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote