KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What is your LEAST favorite Star Wars movie?

What is your LEAST favorite Star Wars movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Episode I - The Phantom Menace 5 11.11%
Episode II - Attack of the Clones 17 37.78%
Episode III - Revenge of the Sith 0 0%
A Star Wars Story - Rogue One 2 4.44%
Episode IV - A New Hope 4 8.89%
Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back 2 4.44%
Episode VI - Return of the Jedi 0 0%
Episode VII - The Force Awakens 15 33.33%
Total: 45 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What is your LEAST favorite Star Wars movie?
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Shocked What is your LEAST favorite Star Wars movie?

As of 11/2/2017, the forum's rankings for its favorite two Star Wars films are:

(please log in to view the image)

While the list reveals favorites, it doesn't necessarily reveal the most hated.

Vote in the above poll for the your least favorite Star Wars movie.

Try to comment below on this least favorite - is it "the least best" of them all, or just awful?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 03:58 AM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 03:52 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Phantom Menace is the only one that really feels like a chore sometimes when watching the films over again. It's like "okay, we have to get through this one before we start getting to the good stuff."

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 04:29 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Nothing's worse than AotC. At least TPM had Liam Neeson.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 04:31 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I love all the prequels.

I'm currently working on a fan-edit, though, that combines TPM and AotC to a single 2 hr and 40 minute film.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 04:34 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

TPM is awful. It's the only SW film I legitimately dislike on its own merits or rather lack thereof.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 04:35 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Duel of Fates is the greatest fight in all of SW. TPM is fine

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 05:20 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

TPM was plain bad. But we got Darth Maul and one of the best choreographed fight scenes in living memory.

AOTC was atrocious. The pacing and length is unbelievable, and instead of getting more political scheming with Ian McDiarmid. They gave us an hour of pointless inconsequential chase scenes.

Whoever voted Rogue One needs to be 66'd.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 05:44 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

The force Awakens, aka ANH.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 05:55 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

The Force Awakens. It's a completely average movie by itself. It's a disappointment as the start of the New Trilogy.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 06:28 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

A New Hope.

Its so dated and boring and the actors are weak except for Cushing and Ford. At least TPM had Sidious, Maul and Qui Gon and ATOC had the detective story along with a huge Jedi battle.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 06:44 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

The Phantom Menace. I can't stand the monotone voices that everyone has. Nothing about the movie is interesting.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 11:08 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
Whoever voted Rogue One needs to be 66'd.

It's not that I dislike Rogue One. It's just I'm one of those who love all three prequels.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 11:19 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Who the fvck voted for ESB? SHOW YOURSELF!

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 11:57 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Least favorite: AotC.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 12:00 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It's not that I dislike Rogue One. It's just I'm one of those who love all three prequels.

I'm no TFA hater, as you well know. But there's no way TFA > R1.

Last edited by AncientPower on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 12:05 PM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 12:01 PM
Darth Thor

TFA.

I also love all 3 prequels.

The Lucas Star Wars Saga (Episodes 1-6) are my favorite films of all time.

Enjoyed R1, but TFA was a massive disappointment. That said have high hopes for TLJ. But not looking forward to Abram's return for Ep.9.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 12:02 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

TFA is the worst

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 12:09 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I liked The Force Awakens a lot when it first came out, but its appeal has admittedly dwindled quite a bit for me. It just gets to a point where you can't really handwave a lot of the criticisms levied towards the movie, especially since many of them are legitimate. At first, I didn't really care that The Force Awakens basically ripped off A New Hope, but the more I think about it the more I feel sort of insulted at the blatant copying. I still don't think I'll ever truly dislike The Force Awakens, though, since I do find the characters endearing and the story fun, but my leniency on The Force Awakens will be non-existent with The Last Jedi if the latter pulls the same bullshit.

As for Rogue One, I think the only real flaw is the lack of character development, which I doubt many people would dispute. Jyn Erso, unfortunately, feels sort of dull to me—and given that she's basically the main character, she drags down the rest of her ensemble who have more interesting character traits that don't get as much attention. But besides the character flaws, I think the plot was extremely compelling and Director Krennic very interesting, so I could forgive the aforementioned character problem.

I feel like there are more technical story flaws within The Force Awakens than with Rogue One, though, which is why I find Rogue One to be a better movie. The exposition (or probably lack thereof) within The Force Awakens, as well as the exhausting similarities to A New Hope, makes it impossible for me to truly believe that it is a better movie than Rogue One, which actually accomplished something fresh and interesting (despite its accompanying—comparably minor—flaws).

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 01:21 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't vote yet as I'm undecided between TPM and TFA.

AotC is bad, but unlike the aforementioned, it's actually fairly amusing to watch. Think of Sharknado—corny but entertaining. Think of all the memes generated from that movie! The Geonosian arena fight scene along with Dooku really makes up for the filler in-between the Coruscant chase and Jango fight. Also, Natalie's ASS really kept my attention drawn to the movie at all times. I can't say the same for TFA.

So between TPM and TFA; Both were highly anticipated by their fans as the first installment in their respective trilogies. Both disappointed in some way. TFA erred on the side of caution and mirrored the plot-line of ANH. TPM had somewhat of a dry plot-line and had too much of an emphasis on politics for the fan-base. Tbf, I haven't re-watched TFA at all and haven't seen TPM in years (for good reason). The former made me cringe the entire time; the latter was a chore to watch and nearly put me to sleep.

TFA introduced Kylo, Rei, and Snoke as the MVPs. TPM really only had Maul as its bad-ass character. Oscar Schindler wasn't all that interesting and Anakin was too whiny.

I could be persuaded otherwise, but I believe TFA has the slight edge against TPM as of now. When it first came out I had it above AotC.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 02:14 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I mean this is a first for me, but probably TFA. I still like it, though not as nearly like the rest, but pretty much what has been said nails it. That and I can't really get into anything post ROTJ, even in Legends I really only got into one comic storyline.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 02:32 PM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 02:30 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote