KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Knife wielding man kicks in door of family's home, but he's no match for dads rifle

Knife wielding man kicks in door of family's home, but he's no match for dads rifle
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Knife wielding man kicks in door of family's home, but he's no match for dads rifle

Knife-wielding man kicks in door of family home, makes threats. But he’s no match for Dad’s rifle.

"Turns out the bang was an intruder kicking in the front door, police said.
Police said the father grabbed a rifle and called 911, the station reported.
While the father was on the phone with a police dispatcher, police told KTVT the knife-wielding intruder made threats against the family, trashed household items and tried running toward a room.
At that point the father fired one round from his rifle, killing the intruder at the scene, the station reported.
The father suffered a stab wound from the intruder, was taken to a hospital and is expected to be OK, KTVT said."

Thank god the father had that firearm, who knows what would have happened if he did not.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 9th, 2017 at 01:02 AM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 12:57 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That's... Nice, I guess?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:05 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
That's... Nice, I guess?

thumb up

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:07 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

thread title change?

The Official "Toughguy Gun Story Cancels Out Escalated Pattern of Mass-Shootings" Thread.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:10 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It doesn't cancel out anything, it is what it is.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:13 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who knows what would have happened if instead of a knife, the intruder had a gun.

Quick Question Surt, would you rather your intruder be armed with a knife or a gun?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:22 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218
Who knows what would have happened if instead of a knife, the intruder had a gun.

Quick Question Surt, would you rather your intruder be armed with a knife or a gun?

If I have no weapon? I have no preference.

If I have a gun? A knife would surely be preferable for them to have. So I could shoot them with my gun.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:29 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
If I have no weapon? I have no preference.

If I have a gun? A knife would surely be preferable for them to have.
No you can't compare on unequal footing. You can't have a gun yourself and expect your enemies to not be equal.

Situation 1: You and your intruder are both armed with knives

Situation 2: You and your intruder are both armed with guns

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:31 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I want the gun.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:32 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have back issues. If he has a knife and I have one too I have to get up close and get involved in a physical struggle.

My chances of survival are greater in the gun vs gun scenario.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:35 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I want the gun.
The violence is more likely to escalate with guns. Guns depersonalize killing, all you gotta do is pull a trigger. The likelihood that violence occurs is MUCH higher if everyone has guns.

Psychologically, using a knife is more personal. Knives are intimate violence and you must have agency to use one. Everyone armed with knives is less likely to result in violence.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:36 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The violence is more likely to escalate with guns. Guns depersonalize killing, all you gotta do is pull a trigger. The likelihood that violence occurs is MUCH higher if everyone has guns.

Psychologically, using a knife is more personal. Knives are intimate violence and you must have agency to use one. Everyone armed with knives is less likely to result in violence.

(please log in to view the image)

Nope, for me my chances of survival are higher with a gun vs gun scenario. I know that kills your narrative, but oh well lol.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:38 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

^

laughing out loud at crushed narrative. Poor Surt

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:42 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But the narrative wasn't crushed...lol.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:42 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You people and your narratives. Tsk. Tsk.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:45 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
You people and your narratives. Tsk. Tsk.

I at least expect people to make sense. "This could have been a lot worse if the dad had no gun" is in no way crushed by "it could have been worse if the intruder had a gun" lol.

Those are merely...two things that are true lol. They do not cancel each other out.

And for me personally in *any* physically confrontation I am at a disadvantage.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:49 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

A knife would surely be preferable for them to have.
Right here is where this thread became irrelevant.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:49 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Right here is where this thread became irrelevant.

Lol, and this is why you aren't to be taken seriously.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:52 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Another thread backfire on poor squirt.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:53 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

What is Robtard's stance on this? Was this criminal a victim? Could he have been rehabilitated?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:54 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote