KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why Do Movies not have to disclose info that Videos have to?

Why Do Movies not have to disclose info that Videos have to?
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Why Do Movies not have to disclose info that Videos have to?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:54 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

If you had to disclose product placement clearly in a movie, you would be breaking the 4th wall constantly. This effectively detracts from immersion in the film making it highly impractical. Have text in the credits seems fine to me if the alternative is to point it out constantly during the film. The only way that works is if it's done on purpose as was the case in 30 Rock (Snapple scene) and in the film Wayne's World for example.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 11:12 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by socool8520
If you had to disclose product placement clearly in a movie, you would be breaking the 4th wall constantly. This effectively detracts from immersion in the film making it highly impractical. Have text in the credits seems fine to me if the alternative is to point it out constantly during the film. The only way that works is if it's done on purpose as was the case in 30 Rock (Snapple scene) and in the film Wayne's World for example.
Well, then maybe don't have so much product placement? Note this only applies if you are paid money for a product.

Otherwise, these laws should be across the board.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Nov 11th, 2017 at 07:01 PM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 06:51 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Where its canon for a character to Break the 4th wall it does not impact on immersion for a protagonist with a mouth to '4th Wall Break'

Some forum members may be familliar with the televised, two dimensional adventures of a not so secret, secret agent that show had no less than 3 characters breaking the wall all the way through the end credits (every single episode)

The show had a reboot, which was AWESOMESAUCE

Product Placement and Shameless 4th Wall Breaking can be SO COOL

When its done by people who really love what they're doing

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 07:45 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

OK I am drawing a blank...what TV Show of "AWESOMESAUCE"
are you talking about?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 09:57 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

All I will say is:

End Credits:

The wife sang the theme tune
The husband talked over it

The show had a narrator who would often be on the telephone to the studio while narrating the show, quite often the studio would ask the narrator to rewind / redo / retcon / redact stuff and the narrator would do that - rewind the video - often starting the show again - from the beginning - But - There were two characters who were also 4th wall breakers - and could hear the narrator speaking - and - quite often took advantage of it.

In the reboot they have a scene where they (off screen of course) they break into the narrators office to read the script - which is a shout-out to the first series where quite often the 2 characters would read the scripts before the show - (a useful habit).

A perhaps, more well known show which had a small degree of 'Wall Bustiin Action' is B.T.B.&.T.B. - C.N. Helpful Hint: The T is for THE.

In the final episodes of BTBATB The show ends with a Double Punch + a PSA - for greater justice.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 10:48 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Still don't ring any bells.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 10:50 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Post Modern - Western - Animation -1965 - Now

100 best cartoon shows

100 best cartoon / animated theme tunes / intros

It will be there, somewhere.

Don't worry if you can't find it.

Its not from The US or Canada

Last edited by shiv on Nov 11th, 2017 at 11:10 PM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 11:07 PM
Flyattractor

On TV in 1981? Very VERY Limited Animation at times?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 11:17 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just say the name of the show lol.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 12:39 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

But we are having so much fun...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 01:09 AM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Cable & Deadpool The Animated Series

Oh wait... that wasn't released on this planet.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 01:11 AM
Flyattractor

Yeah ya konw that there was 4th Wall Breaking before that Deathstroke Rip Off right?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 01:12 AM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

He is a very loud, high engagement, fun, entertaining walking plot device though

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 01:18 AM
Flyattractor

Still not narrowing it down.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 01:25 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by shiv
Cable & Deadpool The Animated Series

Oh wait... that wasn't released on this planet.

Wolverine and the X-Men was a great series though.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 01:53 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I liked the Sentinel Episode that was a rip off of a Boy and his Sentinel.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 01:55 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I liked the Sentinel Episode that was a rip off of a Boy and his Sentinel.

There is that one episode where Cyclops just gets f*cking pissed off and chases people around a city trying to find Jean and he just blows shit up randomly.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 02:34 AM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Yeah snikts claws & the x-men was cool

Did you watch the japanese X-Men Anime

Short Mini-Series with Beast, the x-jet, a lot of snow, wolverine, cyclops, kitty pryde or someone and a telepath.

BTW:

Movie

4th Wall? - What 4th Wall

Who Killed Captain Alex?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 02:36 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah I didn't watch the anime. X-Men Evolution was good though.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 02:40 AM